• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Population drain starting to show (apparently)

Diarchus

Been holding off on this for weeks, but really no longer a need.

The player base online looks to be shrinking down. Uncertain as to what is causing it, but I suspect K3 upcoming and the lure (maybe delusion, maybe real) of the classic servers is hurting activity. It has become damn hard to find groups and players interested for dungeons. And perhaps we've reached a point where private servers are wearing thin on people. All three could be a factor. I don't think the quality of Kronos is at issue, however.

It's sad to witness, at least for me. And my thought it, the same shit will happen with K3. Maybe it's just the pattern with private servers. Play for a few years, let it die, open another, and SOS.

Related:
Interest but sucky bug - the 'Who List' no longer works properly. One cannot use a search of any kind with it. That makes it all the harder to do any assessment of the population. Also, makes it a major PITA the find players in zone and talk about dungeons. Not good, devs - not good.

I have no issues with Who.

To your other observation...yes. Since K3's announcement alot of players are likely taking a short break from WoW. Also Battle for Azeroth alpha is out, people may be playing/testing there.

K3 pop will be fine throughout its life, the internet knows this is likely the last big hoorah before official Classic.

Maybe it's just the pattern with private servers. Play for a few years, let it die, open another, and SOS.

To gain enjoyment from something every day for a year or more straight is pretty damn impressive though. Kronos has been awesome and ran through its life cycle. Can't expect people to wanna farm Naxx forever.

I personally am ready for a new adventure. K3 is gonna be great and keep me entertained for a long time.

This is what happened when K2 released and keep in mind K1 although in that case pop balanced itself out between them few months afterwards however K1 has already reached the end of the content rope, of course some will stay or return to K1 and few who cannot wait on content cycle will start on K1 all knowing that TBC becomes available eventually.

K3 is a fresh start once more however the server is much more refined and balanced than ever as solutions keep being added to the game and it becomes harder and harder to see bugs and the achievements for a raid's speedrun & so forward becomes more authentic & legit as less bugs occur.

K3 is more authentic than Blizzards upcomming Vanilla... yes i said it and i have good reasoning for doing so, for starters blizzard is unlikely to leave the addon code in its ancient state this allows different addons that where not possible before, they will most likely add coordinates for BG maps, that will defenitely add battle.net features to it and most likely after some time the shop will include the old pet/mounts of its time similar to what p-servers use to reward donaters. They might even permit cross-realm zones & pvp... i know this sounds preposterous but blizzard has a bottomline somewhere and they would not ignore everything. at least the battle.net part will happen.

oh and lets not forget blizzard has not announced a release date... when they do there is going to be a minimum of 1 year ahead of time in order to gather hype and that is only IF they do so... yes they might simply forget about it as it would certainly not be the first thing they skipped. Even if it is released it is likely to be months or even a year after the upcomming expansions release in order to avoid splitting the player interrest.

oh and lets not forget it would most likely cost subscription as well XD

all in all i look forward to when/if blizzard releases but i am not all that over hyped for blizz i consider K3 to be of higher authentic quality even tho its not hosted by blizzard.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Blizzard's version of Vanilla won't be as good. The amount of under-tuned, over-tuned, random-tuned, buggy content on these private servers is mind-boggling. I played retail and I played kronos and the difference is astounding. This server is essentially a massive pile of cow dung that has been polished enough to satisfy those who are addicted to this version of wow. Are you honestly telling me that a few amateur programmers were able to re-create something that took years of development by a team of proffesionals and they did it better? Hah! Please pass the bong my friend... I would like to try some of whatever you're smoking. This server is literally the bare-minimum, nothing more. Kronos III is being rushed because they know once the real deal comes out that their money making scheme is over. Wake up.

(...)
Interest but sucky bug - the 'Who List' no longer works properly. One cannot use a search of any kind with it. That makes it all the harder to do any assessment of the population. Also, makes it a major PITA the find players in zone and talk about dungeons. Not good, devs - not good.
pls upvote, ty

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that Blizzard's version of Vanilla won't be as good.
never said it wouldnt be as good... i said it wouldnt be as authentic there is a huge difference there although for me the more authentic the better ^^
everyone has their own perspective of what is good but you should try to read before you respond otherwise you end up looking like fool.

I actually wonder... why are you here ? you do not like it and you mistake donation as some kinda scheme... running a server has expenses and i wouldn't wonder if the donations only cover a percentage of the expenses.

Profesionals... just becourse they work for blizzard does not equate to them being better than anyone else... srsly... those who are hired by blizzard have similar occupations like those who fix cases on private servers the massive difference however lies with experience on the field and that they are paid while those who fix on private servers do so as a hobby.

you clearly do not like it yet you stay here ? could you give an explanation to this ?

Anyone have a decent estimate on how many people may play k3?
Ther is no way to know beforehand. At launch there will be a que for sure. Depending on how the server can handle it there will be 3-4k online at launch i think. After a few weeks it will prob be around 2-3k. Then population will fluctuate depending on current content. In the end there will be more than enough ppl to play with. Dont worry. Kronos doesnt show pop numbers on purpose to avoid attantion from blizzard.

It all depends on how they advertise the server. What other options are there right now? With all the info that got out about elysium, I suppose lightbringer is the only other option? I'd believe some people will want to wait for retail vanilla, but that will still take 1 year +. If u'r a vanilla fan AND want to start over, srsly K3 is u'r best bet to have lots of fun. Quality wise Kronos was always one of the best, if not the best and it being the 3rd server, it'll surely be the most polished server of all. I'd believe like 80%+ of all people who currently play on K1/2 will reroll K3 + a lot of people who played on these servers but quit at some point + all those people looking for a fresh start coming from other projects (obviously advertising will be important here, clearing any missconceptions etc., it all depends on how the staff communicates the server information to these peeps).

Edit: I believe the pop will be very high at launch, and will keep the pop if the server can handle it.

A lot of the population is leaving because they are bored with naxx. The server population is dying from "old age"

If you think it's bad now wait until K3 steals away the new players...

Ther is no way to know beforehand. At launch there will be a que for sure. Depending on how the server can handle it there will be 3-4k online at launch i think. After a few weeks it will prob be around 2-3k. Then population will fluctuate depending on current content. In the end there will be more than enough ppl to play with. Dont worry. Kronos doesnt show pop numbers on purpose to avoid attantion from blizzard.
2-3k is perfect, thank you for the reply. Incredibly hyped for the server.

Top Bottom