• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Population/Voting/Points

djevel44

Authorized
Ok before i start this i got to say i love kronos whit how bug free it is!
But f me sometimes it feels like kronos dont want population at all, the main thing people go to is private voting sites to find the best and most popular servers (yes know some find servers in another way, but most go through the voting sites) you take 1 search vanilla private server and poof tons of voting sites come up and kronos is no where to be seen infact 3 of the sites i checked kronos where around rank 100-400,
if i did not play on this server from the start or know of how good it is i would never gone to kronos, i would picked one of the top ones on those voting sites like most do.
Yes you could say its the players faulth for not voting yes i agree on that but people are lazy as f its no way around that if its no reason for people to do extra work they dont usualy do it, so why not add some voting site links up on kronos front page then each vote give 1 point, whit those points you can buy like (just some examples) a cool tabard or change facial hair on char or change hairstyle on char or change name on char basicly something smal that wont have a big impact but will give people a reason to vote.
We got alot of population when nost got rekt but we cant rely on servers being rekt for population, its better to have a steady flow of people going in and out.

If you won't put yourself before the eyes of people, none will do that for you.

Yes, Kronos is in top 5 vanilla servers but that doesn't help to populate it.
The more ppl hear about you, the more ppl want you.

I don't see a link to vote...
Can someone link it here?

We definitely need a better marketing strategy.

As of now, many people outside of Kronos believe that this is a p2w project, undertuned, dead, only 50 people online, so advanced it makes no sense to join, etc.

One of the reasons some people have joined are the Pronkers videos. However Pronkers is gone and we´ve lost a good content creator (those Buff Watch videos were gold).

Whether voting websites or any other type of content, Kronos should be able to find a way to attract new players. This is a great server to play and it makes no sense we are so underpopulated compared to other similar projects.

We definitely need a better marketing strategy.

As of now, many people outside of Kronos believe that this is a p2w project, undertuned, dead, only 50 people online, so advanced it makes no sense to join, etc.

One of the reasons some people have joined are the Pronkers videos. However Pronkers is gone and we´ve lost a good content creator (those Buff Watch videos were gold).

Whether voting websites or any other type of content, Kronos should be able to find a way to attract new players. This is a great server to play and it makes no sense we are so underpopulated compared to other similar projects.

yeah this is my thoughts exactly i played on some other private servers for tbc and wotlk back a few years ago both had voting system where you got something pointless like tabards and crap like name change character customisation change and so on and of what i could see of their marketing it was none, except the voting sites and thats where i found the servers to and most who played there.
it was a simple upset 4 squares on front page click them go to site vote poof you got 1 point vote all get 4 points,
and these servers had more buggs than kronos but they had 1000 times the population and they always had a steady flow to.

What I know, voting rewards were planned for new account manager, just as race/faction change. But development got stuck at some point and I haven't heared about it for a while.

Voting sites were done in the past, and weren't really worth it (from what I have been told).

Voting sites were done in the past, and weren't really worth it (from what I have been told).

As I know they were, but without reward. Most people just don't bother when there is nothing for them in return :(

yes i know like i said played this server from the start but like aieris said "but whitout reward" its simple if i said this to you davros, you can sit down and play a game BUT you can also sit down stand up then sit down again to play a game wich would you pick?
you would pick what everyone would pick simply sit down and play the damn game, even if its just standing up 1 extra time no one would go out of their way to do it as its a hassle.
voting needs easy access and some kind of reward and it dont need to be a gamebreaking reward, can just be something simple people want that wont affect gameplay like new hairstyle or some random shit.
if this get done people actualy lift their ass and stand up a extra time and poof voting go up we reach top or close to top and we get more people, you can go to any voting private server list if you click one of the top ones and check their population it will be full even if its a buggy as hell server.
As for websites im no computer tech dont know shit about it tbh so could be im wrong in this, this site already got a shop site so shouldnt be to hard to add points to the shop for sertain things and add 3-4 links on the webpage would it?
if its really simple and quick like i think it is why not give it a try not like it would do any damage to the population infact it could only raise it.

On this iteration of Kronos - not really. And the old Kronoses were a completely different story.

All the good ideas to attract the population were vocalized a few years ago, including this one - see 2014, 2015. Hardware is one of the issues. Kronos just can't really handle 3k+ online. 2k is quite ideal though, and it's a shame we don't have it anymore. So I vote for introducing a proper voting system. Never too late.

Top Bottom