• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Potential for abuse of the Dynamic Spawn Rates ?

Dareptor

Hey guys,

just a quick question:

How big is the potential for abuse of the dynamic spawn rates ? Since this is a non blizzlike feature (As far as I know) this could lead to some... strange results if it allows abuse. Vanilla WoW was very grind heavy and my theory would be, that you could just run 30-40 Clients (Which is acually not multiboxing, you just move everyone into the zone and let the client open) into the same area and artificially increase the spawn rates by a lot. So how does this affect mobs which were farmed for their loot often in vanilla ? I'm worried that the potential for abuse of the system is extremly high, if done correctly.

I believe the dynamic spawn rate that is being used on Kronos was the same as it was on live.

IIRC it is a blizzlike feature, and i believe it takes a lot more than 30-40 to change a zone. A few hundred most likely.

Are you guys sure that the dynamic spawn rates were there even during vanilla wow ?

I believe I read somewhere it was added during TBC, but don't quote me on that. Regardless, I'm glad it's added to Kronos, it will make the levling less of a clusterfuck.

Are you guys sure that the dynamic spawn rates were there even during vanilla wow ?

There are quite a few blizz-like features implemented that were not present in vanilla...for the pure sake that they will not change the feel or experience of vanilla yet were not present in vanilla and are still good to have.

The punishment for farming Young Forest Bears will be swift and sharp.

069.jpg

Well, it's a good question IMHO. It would be banned when noticed (I believe), but how it's gonna be noticed..? Hope you'll monitor this sort of abuse when people will start their 60-life, dear admins :)

Simple say it:
You have main hero 40 and wanna farm in tanaris.If you move 20 another character's who are LEVEL 1 that will no increase spawn rate time.If they are same level with the level zone...then will increase it.
If have 5 ppl 50 lv in zone 48-55/like ungoro/ let's say spawn rate will be 3.If have 5 ppl 50lv+100 ppl level 1....spawn rate will be the same like have 5ppl 50 lv.Dont know did u get it :innocent:

ppl will get paid to AFK not in IF...

Something like that could potentially be done. Is there a range in which the players have to be so the dynamic spawn rates will trigger for this area, or is it fine if they stay in a safe horde base for example. I just hope that the whole system of the dynamic spawn rates is thought trough and in the best case that a gm can confirm that abuse will be hardly possible, or not at all. (Ouh and btw. Rares woun't be affected by the dynamic spawn rates, or will they ?)

Something like that could potentially be done. Is there a range in which the players have to be so the dynamic spawn rates will trigger for this area, or is it fine if they stay in a safe horde base for example. I just hope that the whole system of the dynamic spawn rates is thought trough and in the best case that a gm can confirm that abuse will be hardly possible, or not at all. (Ouh and btw. Rares woun't be affected by the dynamic spawn rates, or will they ?)

About your rare drop question: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=4525

"lol u un-blizzlike casual noobs farming mobs faster than us! totally funserver, un-blizzlike, non-hardcore. excuse me while i go farm bugged molten core and exploit bosses for purps. blizzlike!"

"lol u un-blizzlike casual noobs farming mobs faster than us! totally funserver, un-blizzlike, non-hardcore. excuse me while i go farm bugged molten core and exploit bosses for purps. blizzlike!"

Yeah ... that's not something I want to discuss here but you are right. Saying that Kronos isn't that Blizzlike is completly wrong if they can't even fix the basics of some raids. However I wanted to talk about the fact, that such a complex feature, which affects most aspects oi the game has to be thought through and also the potential for abuse should be taken into account by the staff.

Top Bottom