• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

potential new player

maxicus

Hi all,

I might be interested in rolling an alliance character here, but I am curious to know what classes if any are underplayed.

Looking at priest, hunter or druid right now.

Thank you in advance

Go dworf priest :D

Druid is solid too , you can tank ur dungeon while levelling which is a big plus

This will give you a rough estimate of alliance class distribution. The characters here are from my census logs from the past week during EST evenings. Check out the server population thread for more info on the data.

http://i.imgur.com/k3TFN3P.png

What was said above. Tanks as always are hard to find. So going feral tank is actually not a bad idea if you know what to do! :)

What was said above. Tanks as always are hard to find. So going feral tank is actually not a bad idea if you know what to do! :)
QFT

Too few tanks for 5 mans, too many for raids. Go durid to farm your pre-raid gear and switch to healing.
Class is easy to level and very versatile, you won't regret it.

Yep, druid is safe bet, but I don't agree about not needing much tanks for raiding - in Naxx 4 horsemen you need 8 of them so... :) Perhaps most of them will just dps before this and take all non-wanted tanking items, at least that will be my suggestion, but its still long time till Naxx so all can happen. Also druids can tank many bosses in raid, you need good player, good gear and the guild to let you do this which is the hardest part, coz people are so stubborn.

Taking 1 encounter (thats is completly off balance considering group setup) as a reason to disagree. Wow dude :smile:
Druids and Dwarf Priest have a 99.9% chance to get instant invites into raiding guilds or PvP groups.

Yep, but I am sick of searching for a tank for hours and whispering to warriors who said they have no shield or don't know how to tank... To pick best class for a tanking role and its full of warriors and no tanks on the horizon - complete paradox.

Thank you all for feedback, didn't expect my thread to get much attention :)

I will probably roll a druid as priest is a pain to level

Thats a problem with the people playing warrior, not with the amount of warriors :)

Glad we could help OP.

Agreed and is understandable - its not so easy class and only nelves/tauren can be. But still cannot fathom why so small number warlocks - easy solo, really strong pvp, great and cheap mounts and so on...

Soul shard management, and nobody wants to be the summon bitch! hah

Pets are still being fine tuned, giving my warlock a little break until its a wee bit better. Not that its unplayable, or anything. just a little peeved at the pet pathing or defensive stance being all wacky. outrunning the pet is a little meh, considering all the running low levels do. etc, a gathering of tiny issues.

*hides from angry fanboys* dont hurt me I'm one of you! D;

Strange that Druids are so underplayed, considering the class is the second easiest to level with almost 0 downtime, and features a huge amount of versatility (outside of raiding anyway). I'd definitely recommend leveling one.

Or at least any class that isn't a Warrior. Looks like we're going to be overpopulated with Fury warrs looking to raid, and most of them won't get that chance.

I remember playing a warrior in Vanilla. Memories...I was an OT in MC and primarily a dorf fury warrior. LOL I still remember spending an inordinate amount of DKP on AQR from AQ40 and getting flamed by all the guild rogues for getting it over them. Ah memories!

But seriously, I'm rolling a mage or lock I haven't decided yet. I can't wait to get back to my PC and get into Kronos. I've been following the threads closely as a 'new player' and I've noticed a lot of complaints on the Nostalrius forums about being spawn camped by high levels. I'm thinking a lower pop server would be more enjoyable now.

If I was a guild or raid leader I will definitely forbid any warriors except tanks to enter. Its beyond ridiculous the number of them and the things we endure when searching for a tank for a dungeon. All dps whores should be shown the middle finger and remind them that classes like hunter, mage, warlock, rogue have no other role in raid than to dps and all other classes are made to heal so its completely fair warriors to tank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom