• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Pre 50 hybrid fury/prot

JoeShmoe

So I didnt play warrior as main until near the end of vanilla. I raided mainly warlock during that time. So I dont really remember pre lvl50 dungeons being that hard unless of course you made a mistake, so I'm thinking about a hybrid build that will let me tank effectively and still level well without being full prot.

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_1_8zk5505c1j0

These 16pts into prot seem well enough for tanking until higher content. Obviously you can put more points into parry and threat talents if you need. Do you guys think these points will let me effectively tank pre lvl50 dungeons and level well enough spending the rest into arms or fury(prob fury) for leveling.

hey, seeing as there aren't really any defence items that drop from instances before (or hardly any at least) BRD they are scaled to not require any defence beyond that what your lvl gives. So if you really want to put some points into prot, which isn't needed even if u would tank all the instances, i'd take those from anticipation and put 4/5 into defiance, also grab 2 out off thoughness and put em into improved bloodrage and put the last remaining point in last stand.

would make it this http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_1_8zk5505c1j0

but like i've said before i wouldn't do it since it'd mean you'd only have your main dmg ability at lvl 56. but it's your call abviously.

Last edited:
The thing about protection is back in Vanilla, most tanks went fury anyway. The only ones that specifically went protection as their main spec were the MT's in guilds that were typically either undergeared for places like MC, or players that just liked being 100% protection (I was one of them). If you raid and you have the gear, the spec is not necessarily going to make you hold threat better than if you're just a good player to begin with.

The thing about protection is back in Vanilla, most tanks went fury anyway. The only ones that specifically went protection as their main spec were the MT's in guilds that were typically either undergeared for places like MC, or players that just liked being 100% protection (I was one of them). If you raid and you have the gear, the spec is not necessarily going to make you hold threat better than if you're just a good player to begin with.

... Make healers spec correctly and struggle to heal you. Yeah that was the Vanilla way.

Which is also why less than 0.1% of Vanilla players cleared AQ40 nevermind Naxx.

To help the OP with his question you should read this thread

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/86009-level?p=716384#post716384

... Make healers spec correctly and struggle to heal you. Yeah that was the Vanilla way.

Which is also why less than 0.1% of Vanilla players cleared AQ40 nevermind Naxx.

To help the OP with his question you should read this thread

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/86009-level?p=716384#post716384

What? lol the only talents in the protection tree that made it easier for healers to heal you (you take less damage) are in the top 2-3 tiers of the tree, which all main spec fury warriors would have if they were tanks. The rest of the talents give nothing to your survivability(except last stand which is more of an Oh Shit button rather than survivability). Therefore your argument makes absolutely no sense.

Pre 50 instances get easier as you level. You will find WC and dead mines especially SFK difficult, due to pull sizes, if your dps isnt as equally skilled in CC inturrupting and focus targetting. Rfk and up are much easier.

In a perfect world, pre50 instances, you can do fine with any spec, but your pugs will have shit players that break cc, dont buff, allow every sleep/charm to hit healer/tank, not snare runners and pull extra packs. Having some points for your def and armor can recover from these more than a pure arms/fury holding a shield, and in most cases a 1h too slow for proper snap aggro/rage building.

- - - Updated - - -

What? lol the only talents in the protection tree that made it easier for healers to heal you (you take less damage) are in the top 2-3 tiers of the tree, which all main spec fury warriors would have if they were tanks. The rest of the talents give nothingthing to your survivability(except last stand which is more of an Oh Shit button rather than survivability). Therefore your argument makes absolutely no sense.

That was more in reference to the comments about aggro.

- - - Updated - - -

The OP is about pre50, so tried to bring it back to that.

Got it. Yeah if there's an issue with threat, for sure the follow on prot tree talents are great. I prefer full protection tree too, but it's not the end all, be all for tanking. I wish I could give some advice on specs for leveling, but in my mind it's really up to you what you think works (which isn't exactly a popular opinion), so I'll just see my way out lol

Top Bottom