• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest Priest stat priority

thomasklokk

Hello!

I am usually a dps, so healing in vanilla is new for me.
So I was wondering what the priest stat priority is for leveling/dungeon?

I've been focusing on spirit, but I can tell that I am struggling a little to heal 3-4 mob pulls in deadmines.

is int>spirit?

for leveling int>spirit, yes. You don't have the talent that makes Spirit great (15% mana reg while casting) yet.

Int > Spirit in a dungeon but Spirit > Int by a pretty large margin when you're questing thanks to spirit tap.

Ideally you want to try to find a balance between the two.

In instances when leveling Int is far better than spirit, especially if you aren't speced in Meditation and Inner Focus. (Normally the case since most spec shadow while leveling.)
Int is several times better than spirit in these cases, in many cases spirit will even be 100% worthless since you never leave the 5 sec rule. I'd generally pick 1 int over 4 spirit for this purpose.

Once you spec holy/disc and spec into meditation the value of spirit goes up a bit, but int is still clearly the stronger stat while healing lvl 60 5-man instances and UBRS.

Once you get into raiding spirit catches up to int, and when you get T2 3-set and start doing the longer raid encounters of BWL/AQ/Naxx it pulls ahead more significantly.

Top Bottom