• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Problem with SMM & Questie

dingcrosby

When I use SimpleMiniMap (SMM) addon it seems to mess up Questie. Questies map notes seem to drag with the minimap instead of stay in their location. On the actual map, quest notes blink and appear in the wrong spots. Is there a way to fix this or are SMM and Questie just not compatible?

Can you describe your problem any further or even post a screenshot?

I'm using both for month now without any problems.

Try this. It deactivates Questie minimap icons.

Doesn't seem to work, although I could of placed the file in the wrong location. I just put it in the main questie folder.

The problem seems to be that questie can't adjust to the different sizes/shapes of the smm skins.

Here is a picture of what I mean:
minimap.jpg

-Icons get stuck on my character arrow (see little red box)
-Icons for quests further away clump up in a circle, which would be fine if it was the regular minimap skin, but with anything else it creates a circle of icons that moves around with your character.

I cant really get a pic of it but, icons will constantly blink as well, which is very annoying.

Last edited:
I see you are not familiar with git diffs.

What you do is you go to your WoW\Interface\AddOns\!Questie\Modules folder. There you open the QuestieNotes.lua with an Editor (I suggest using Notpad++, it is great and adds a menu option for opening files to the windows right click).

Then you go to line 560 and add "--[[" (without quotes) in front of the "for k, v in pairs(QuestieMapNotes[c][z]) do".

Then you go to line 595 and add "--]]" behind the "end".

Repeat this process in line 712 (before "MMIcon = Questie:GetBlankNoteFrame();") and line 726 (behind "table.insert(QuestieUsedNoteFrames, MMIcon);").

This comments out (deactivates) the code that would otherwise create minimap icons. If you decide to switch to some round minimap you can remove the dashes and brackets and the icons will be drawn again.

By the way, this is a know issue with non-circular minimaps and with Questie development being stalled at the moment I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon. So it's either round map or no minimap icons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom