• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid Professions for Resto Druid?

WilliamBarrows

Authorized
What are good professions for a Resto Druid?

Skinning + Leatherworking might be good. I think there's some healing gear in Leatherworking later on, also if you can wear leather you should try to take advantage of that I guess.

Tailoring maybe? Heard there's some good caster gear to be made from Tailoring. If I take Tailoring, what should I take to go along with it? Skinning could make money, same for Mining. Or maybe Enchanting for money (selling dust and such) and enchantments.

Probably not leathworking. There's good stuff for Bear and Cat, but nothing except for Hide of the Wild in the pre-raid BiS for resto. Additionally, none of it is BoP, so you could have skinning and just have another leatherworker make it for you.

Enchanting could work, but it's a long, expensive grind. You could eventually make money with it if you get some rarer enchants.

Herbalism + Alchemy is good for any character, if maybe not terribly exciting. Mining + Engineering is also good if you intend to PvP a lot.

For starters, I'd recommend Skinning and Herbalism to start. You can do both while shapeshifted, and you'll make plenty of money. If you want, you could drop one to pick up either leatherworking or alchemy at a later date. This is what I'm doing on my druid!

I'm not sure if you can mine while shapeshifted. You can run around in travel form gathering herbs without having to mount/dismount. Also, if you think you *might* go alchemy eventually. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with mining. Both can probably get you money on the AH, or just vendor if you're lazy.

What about Skinning + Mining? Why is Herbalism better than Mining?

Herbalism scales better into endgame for a druid. With mining you can go into blacksmithing or engineering, engineering ofc being good for PvP but blacksmithing not really doing much for a druid. If you go skinning + herb you can unlearn skinning and learn alchemy at a higher level. This is both a more beneficial profession for a druid, plus it will make you a lot more money since consumables at level 60 are always in demand :smile:

Herbalism/Alchemy/Cooking/Fishing for me.
So I can make all the raid consumables by myself, instead of paying huge sums of money.

Druids, what is your profession?
HEALING!
/roar

It does not matter much. The leather items that you can craft are replaced fairly soon.
Take what ever you think can net the most or is the least pain in the ass for you to do.

Skinning is cool since it is not bound to nodes. Same goes for tailoring.

Top Bottom