• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Progression from Vanilla...

Zipzo

Authorized
This is WAAAAAAY in the future. I am not concerned, not worried, nor absolutely anxious to know but I thought it might fuel a discussion.

Once we've scoured vanilla and re-attained that experience we're going for, I imagine many of us might think we want to progress further along that time-line IE in to BC? Now I know that Twinstar HAS a BC realm, but I was thinking something more along the lines of trying to follow the "Kronos-timeline", you know? They can transfer those of us ready to move on (irreversible) to the new realm with BC content available and run it alongside the Kronos vanilla server. I don't know, I'm just spitballing. What do you guys think of a full timeline reenactment?

Seems to be a good idea but think twice:
Why is a new server getting hyped? Because everyone is thrilled for that race. For the feeling of everyone being new. The chance of experiencing a new beginning with everyone else.

If you open up a BC realm where the whole Kronos population can copy over characters I atleast wouldnt play there if I have to level from 1 again while other people are already raiding.

Leveling on a server where the whole population isnt hyped anymore and already into farm modus isnt the same like wiping countless times on a boss because people are stil bad geared. Same goes for PvP

Last edited:
Seems to be a good idea but think twice:
Why is a new server getting hyped? Because everyone is thrilled for that race. For the feeling of everyone being new. The chance of experiencing a new beginning with everyone else.

If you open up a BC realm where the whole Kronos population can copy over characters I atleast wouldnt play there if I have to level from 1 again while other people are already raiding.

Leveling on a server where the whole population isnt hyped anymore and already into farm modus isnt the same like wiping countless times on a boss because people are stil bad geared. Same goes for PvP

What? Same problem could go with retail launch of any new expansion. Do you think there's no race/hype/competition there? I think there would be the same level of "I need to get to 70 and start raiding fast" as it is now with 60. That's the point why Blizzard made every new expansions' gear so much superior where you can replace epics with greens, so everyone starts at "ground zero".

And there won't be need for absolutely new players (from lvl 1) to get hyped about the server, because current population will be enough to keep the server running (if people from vanilla transfer).

This topic have already been discussed. There have been talk about opening an international focused Kronos-TBC server if Kronos is very suscessful. The current Twinstar server Ares is mostly CZ people have a different staff alltogether, we wont be hooking Kronos into Ares and continue that way, or anything like that.

Its more likely that if Kronos keep healthy and stable after we have cleared Naxx down the road, there might be an entirely new BC server that is compatible with this one and we can migrate there for free, keeping our characters, proffessions, gear and so on. This will most likely be years away (my guess is around 2-3 years of development, at least one year after naxx is cleared). The future will tell, now back to leveling! :yes:

Top Bottom