• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin PvE Paladin

drpringles

It's been a long time since I've played vanilla, and even when I did I never touched paladin. Are they fine for PvE? Everything I find either says Ret paladins are good or that it's a trash class.

It's been a long time since I've played vanilla, and even when I did I never touched paladin. Are they fine for PvE? Everything I find either says Ret paladins are good or that it's a trash class.

As healers they are very good. Most paladins do only heal in pve(raids)

As tanks they are not very useful because they have no taunt ability and run out of mana quickly. Only for a few aoe tanking spots they are ok, but generally not so much.

As dps they are not very good. Tjey bring some utility, but most guilds prefer a pure dps class.

All this refers to the raid environment. For 5 mans you can go as tank or dps as well, but it is not the best class for it.

I never touched paladin. Are they fine for PvE?
Regarding non-raid PvE you should consider my other response.
They are much better than fine, if you know what you're doing. However, if you plan to be retribution and use only Seal of the Crusader and Seal of Command, or if you want to be holy and wear cloth, then you are picking wrong class. Paladins are much more than that.

As healers they are very good. Most paladins do only heal in pve(raids)
That's kind of a waste of a paladin.

Paladins can be excellent raid tanks, but their skill cap is much higher thand a warrior. An average Warrior can still be a decent raid tank, but an average Tankadin will get roflstomped. If you can swing it, tho, we have much better aor and snap aggro than Warriors, and with proper mana management, your blue bar will be a huge asset and not a liability.

That said, be prepared for a lot of scorn and doubt. Read the stuff that Killerduki wrote on the old Feenix forums. You can also hit up Geofram, my pally, in game as I was Duki’s pupil on Nost PvP. Pallytanking is rather different from rage-based tanking, but much more reesrding if done properly. If you are already level capped, try honong your skills in UBRS, then 20 mans before trying to tackle the big shit.

I will warn you now to be on guard for “Tank Envy.”Each tanking class can tank everything, but some fightd sre better suitef to different tank classes. You will alway be a better add or trash tank than warriors, but they are better suited to tanking bosses that hit slow and hard. Just because you can doesn’t always mean you should.

Anyhow, thanks my teo copper. Have fun!

Paladins can be excellent raid tanks, but their skill cap is much higher thand a warrior. An average Warrior can still be a decent raid tank, but an average Tankadin will get roflstomped. If you can swing it, tho, we have much better aor and snap aggro than Warriors, and with proper mana management, your blue bar will be a huge asset and not a liability.

Top Bottom