• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Shaman PVE resto

Spufy

Authorized
Just watch some steam (naxx) and AQ20/40 and see a lot healers shaman.For raid i know its good(chain heal) but no have enought exp with 5 man istance.On TBC resto was good...but never play resto on vanilla.....it is good or to pick druid as i think before :smile:

My brother played resto shaman in vanilla, i was tanking and we did every instance with no problem. So if you like shaman, you can do with it just fine.

Uhh, well you could deffo optimize that spec a bit. I mean you have Healing Way, but not imp Healing Wave, which is kinda odd. I'd also not go for Guardian Totems. But it all depends on what you wanna do with ur shammy I suppose, and to play the way you think is fun:)

Edit: Also having only one point in Healing Focus seems a little strange looking at the rest of your build.

Last edited:
If you want to do PvE at 60, Resto is pretty much the only viable spec as a Shaman.

I'd say go with this spec, it's definitely the best imo (you could perhaps switch a few points from Healing Focus to Improved Reincarnation if you are only geared for 5-man dungeons).
OLha1.jpg

^Honestly this is raid spec for players with advanced knowledge, you can modify this to fit your skills and requirements.
Imp. HW is awesome if you know how to downrank, great mana conservation tool. Same goes for Healing way. Imp. Reinc is pretty much useless, don't prepare for wipes, just do stuff well:D Totemic mastery is a point for the lazy. Just move a bit closer when placing the totems and you can free up another point. Not to mention the Earthfury setbonus later on:p Healing focus can also come handy when doing 5mans, you will always get some agro or suffer from aura/aoe dmg->pushbacks, you can't afford that, especially if you want to downrank.
I know you like the idea of having imp and agi totems, but you have to use up 5 points on worthless crappy talents just to have that, overall not worth it.

Last edited:
Hm....now Wondering about proff....think Alchimy.Think will be more usefull for PVE :innocent:

What heals are good to have hot keyed? Comparing to druid and paladin, shaman seems to have many more different ranks to use. I'd guess all CH ranks, mid-range HW, max HW, r1 HW for that buff, max NS HW/CH, max LHW, mid-range LHW? Experiences?

2-3 ranks of each and you should be fine. I always go with lowest(lvl20)/mid/highest and it works pretty well.

How would one fit them to the keyboard? My real healing experience at 60 in vanilla limits to paladin, so it was easy to just reserve keys 1-5 for all the different ranks because that's all you would've needed.

I previously used modifier keys with my paladin or other low level healers, but I always seem to lose that 0.1 sec being a dumbfuck trying to remember what I needed to press or searching the keys from my keyboard...

With shaman I can't imagine it's possible to heal without the use of mod. keys. I have a gaming mouse with few extra buttons so I guess I bound shift and alt to them and try to heal that way (and now I have to find new spots for purge and frost shock r1), because I just can't seem to get it work with the actual keys.

I imagine the layout which fits me would go something like this:

1 - CH r1
2 - CH r2
3 - CH r3

Shift+1 - HW r1
Shift+2 - HW r something
Shift+3 - HW r something
Shift+4 - HW r max

Alt+1 - LHW r something
Alt+2 - LHW r max

Previously on low level shamans I've used:

1 - CH r2
2 - HW r something
3 - LHW r max

Shift+1 - CH r1
Shift+2 - HW r smaller than something (tab was r1)
Shift+3 - LHW r max

Alt+1/2/3 max ranks.

But I just didn't seem to get it to my spinal reactions.

How often LHW is used in 5-man/raid setting? Is lower rank even useful? How about CH r1?

edit:
Scratch that. I'd imagine it would be important to have the same number key for same rank spells, so deciding what rank to cast comes automatically, not wasting time to remember was the max rank HW in key 3 or 4 when I just casted max CH. So key 3 would always use the max rank. I think that was the logic on the earlier key scheme I used in my shamans.

1 - CH r1
2 - CH r2
3 - CH r3

Shift+1 - HW r something
Shift+2 - HW r something
Shift+3 - HW r max

Alt+2 - LHW r something
Alt+3 - LHW r max

Last edited:
How often LHW is used in 5-man/raid setting? Is lower rank even useful? How about CH r1?

Can't answer your other question as my key binding is all over the place usually, but LHW is a great "Oh Shit" button in high damage situations. I don't really end up using its lower rank a lot, but CH r1 is great in low intensity situations where the raid takes a bit of damage.

Is the raid sets for shaman meant for resto or dps? I can't decide if I wanna go resto shaman or lock :)

Just testo ench build...No set for Ench...and hard to find ANY item for ench build...so gonna be resto/easyst to geared.

This was my spec back in Vanilla, more focused on progress where Reincarnation was sometimes handy to have.

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_7_8p5o0552350510553151

You can remove three points from Totemic Focus and put them in Nature's Guidance if you need to interrupt. Honestly though, that should not be ultimately required, simply because even with 6% hit, you still have a 10% miss chance.

I disagree with anybody that talks about threat. I have never once overaggro'd as a resto shaman, only when everybody else died.

Also, don't level as resto, unless you either have a friend or like tremendous amount of pain. For questing, it's simply plain awful.

Good geared Shaman can overaggro'd in specific situations (boss switshing agro etc) there Healing Grace talent will help.

its the same thing on every private vanilla server...people need to give up on raiding as elemental or enhancement..it just doesnt cut it.
For PVP i would always prefer Elemental over enhancement btw..
imp reincarnation can be very helpful if ur still progressing thru content.

I would advise u to get mouseover binds for healing btw.. either get the addon clique or use Luna Unitframes with the build in click binds.

and speccing into hit for interrupts sounds ridic.. ur never going to be on interrupt duty in vanilla as a shaman!

Top Bottom