• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question about boats/zeppelins

Ondioline

Hi.. So I'm experiencing a problem that looks like it's common for OSX users on this and other servers which is that boats and zeppelins don't work, you just fall off into the ocean when arriving to a new land.

I'm not a WOW veteran and don't know what later levels entail so I want to ask what is probably a dumb question before I invest much time into playing.. Do you NEED to travel between continents or can I play a character without doing so? I mean can I go from 1-60 without using a boat or zeppelin, just staying on the continent where I started?

I know you can ask a mage to portal or just play one (but I don't want to, I like healers better!), but I have to assume that's a situational thing at best. Thank you!

Short answer...yes. The majority of high end raids and dungeons are on Lordearon continent...but you will be doing loads of travelling in between.

There are work arounds for Mac users that does not result in you dying or crashing. Look them up on the forums and here:

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=3576

vote for this issue to be fixed...the more votes an issue has the more likely it will be focused on/fixed...lets hope theres one coming for this issue soon.

I think this happens on all private servers because the bug is actually in the client. The fix is a hack that moves the played so that they land on the boat. Please vote up the fix. It'd be great if Kronos was the only vanilla server that didn't drop us in the ocean.

I've found that I can stay on boats most of the time if I stand on the boxes near the back of the ship and then spam forward as soon as the loading screen comes on. I usually end up falling inside the boat. Once I landed on the outside but was still standing on it. Sometimes I still have to swim though... and in the case of Booty Bay -> Ratchet, die of fatigue and corpse run :(.

I play Alliance, so not sure of any Zepplin tricks. Falling off of one of those must be really annoying.

It's possible to level 1-60 on a single continent, especially if you grind sometimes instead of questing. But it's still possible to travel even if you fall, so I'd travelled, at least sometimes, if I were you. WoW is a walking simulator after all, we should enjoy spending more time in the road/sea :D

Top Bottom