• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest Question about priest healing in 5mans.

behemothdoge

Ok so some background information about my char before I ask.

Lvl: 37
Shadow spec ( I dropped wand early 30's just for fun )

Spells I use the most often: Renew, Flash heal, Heal and, if I am bored I just go full PEW mode
Gear: Stacked spirit like my life depended on it and STILL using the WC staff.
Have done every dungeon I am high enough for.

My question is this.

Often in dungeons I find myself just staying out of the way and waiting for people to take some damage in an attempt to conserve mana as well as not overhealing and making aggro an issue. (I still use fade...I think that's what it's called. I just push 6 when mobs decide to try and eat me) and I also find myself drinking every 2-3 pulls but when I do drink its normally right before a pull and it often lasts until A. I am back at full mana or B. I have to stop and heal people.

Nobody has said anything and I have only had 1 wipe. It was SFK and we decided that pulling everything would be fun...it wasn't.

Is that sorrta behavior and downtime normal? I ask cuz it feels odd to just be like "I gonna chill in the back till you get punched enough to make me worry" Oh, and 1 time I was way too drunk and let a guildie die for lolz. Now I just threaten to do it over and over.

How would you guys react to me chilling until I am needed?

I agree with Kruto.

How would you guys react to me chilling until I am needed?

When I tank, I will be happy so long as I am not having to walk back to my corpse. I would say the healer should go unnoticed in the heat of battle. I just expect not to die. It is when we get overwhelmed and have great recovery that I actually get to notice the healer kickin ass. I don't know how vocal the people you interact with are, but I know that when I experience moments like above I usually shout out "Great Healz" or whisper the healer directly before the end of the instance.

Hope this helps,
-PP

I agree with Kruto.

When I tank, I will be happy so long as I am not having to walk back to my corpse. I would say the healer should go unnoticed in the heat of battle. I just expect not to die. It is when we get overwhelmed and have great recovery that I actually get to notice the healer kickin ass. I don't know how vocal the people you interact with are, but I know that when I experience moments like above I usually shout out "Great Healz" or whisper the healer directly before the end of the instance.

Hope this helps,
-PP

Thats what I figured. "As long as the boss dies" seems to be how the people I roll with think. We really haven't had many out of hand scenarios, but Im sure once I get into the 50+ range we will.

Thanks for the reply :D
@Kruto, Simple anwser. I like it

Top Bottom