• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Question

Leido

Authorized
Yo boys, hello!
I've been playing since the start of the server (Riven in alliance, Feo in horde), and i got a question... as now i'm doing my grade exams, i haven't been able to log in much, but... has there been a population decrease? even after Dodgykebaab's review? I dunno, but now i usually see 300 on alliance and 350 on horde at around lunchtime (europe time). Half my guild in the alliance (FORTRESS) dissapeared, and a lot of people had +10 days since their last connection. (But Kronos still more populated than both feeneex servers).

Don't go defensive, I'm just asking.

tl;dr: How's server pop? ive been afk for a while and want to know

Well most people work during this time, so can't expect big numbers. But yes, I would like more people too, Warsong queues are rly dumb even during peak hours.

Honestly I feel like there just isn't enough viral marketing going on from our side. Nos has a very aggressive fanbase, that spreads misinformation about Kronos all day while we just sit around and wait for people to join because we know this is objectively the better server. But that's naive thinking.

Every vanilla WoW thread I see on popular platforms has Nos shills in them spreading lies and generally behaving really agressive towards anyone recommending Kronos (which happens rarely anyway). That recent incident regarding a certain NA guild is completely misrepresented outside of this board and people eat it up.

Kronos might be the better choice but it's hard to see that through all the viral haze Nos fans have created. You need to do some serious research to see beyond all the lies and I don't think many people do that. Most join servers on a whim and I can't blame them.

We need a viral marketing squad :p

Honestly I feel like there just isn't enough viral marketing going on from our side. Nos has a very aggressive fanbase, that spreads misinformation about Kronos all day while we just sit around and wait for people to join because we know this is objectively the better server. But that's naive thinking.

Every vanilla WoW thread I see on popular platforms has Nos shills in them spreading lies and generally behaving really agressive towards anyone recommending Kronos (which happens rarely anyway). That recent incident regarding a certain NA guild is completely misrepresented outside of this board and people eat it up.

Kronos might be the better choice but it's hard to see that through all the viral haze Nos fans have created. You need to do some serious research to see beyond all the lies and I don't think many people do that. Most join servers on a whim and I can't blame them.

Maybe we should be on the server lists or something, that thing you do with voting.

I think it depends on what kind of players we even want in the first place. Most people with a functioning brain should be able to see that one server getting shat on while the other gets praised into heaven is not really trustworthy - especially when Kronos still gets recommended now and then. Those are the ones who might give both servers a chance, or go with Kronos to avoid their inferiority complex. :wink:

Overall, from my short time on Nos, I would say that the two servers have two different audiences, and the total population we can attract will most likely always be lower than Nos because of that. I think the best type of advertisement for us would be to give an honest picture of the server. That is, mention what does work well and what doesn't work well at the moment. Give examples from the bugtracker. I'm sure I'm not alone in having tried 20+ private servers before finding one that I like, and each and every one of them focused only on what worked, which meant that everything not shown in their promotion would be broken - why would Kronos be any different (to a stranger)? Of course, an honest picture might scare away people who would rather trust a promotion video for what they claim is a flawless server, but that doesn't sound like a big loss to me.

That reminds me, I was surprised to hear that my retail guildie had started playing on Kronos rather than Nos only based on Reddit information, but apparently it does happen.

Last edited:
Ofc people are disappering, it's Vanilla, it's hardcore not everyone can handle! But new players are coming here as well.

I'd say population is more or less stagnant. Something like 1100 peak Monday-Friday and 1500 Saturday-Sunday. Source: checking /who time to time.

What have decreased a bit is a lowlvl population, for obvious reason - many players are 60 now. But it's still very easy to find a dungeon/elite quest group, even in the European morning.

...Half my guild in the alliance (FORTRESS) dissapeared, and a lot of people had +10 days since their last connection...

That's because guild masters abandonded guild i think. People just went somewhere else.

Top Bottom