• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ranking with all this server downtime

NotSachi

Authorized
Hi guys

With these DDOS attacks affecting us all not being able to play, it's affecting current rankers even more. These attacks started Friday and the server has basically been down more than it has been up since. Rankers not being able to get the honour they need for their standing purely because an external factor that they cannot control seems harsh and could potentially really mess up the progress of highly ranked players (e.g. bate who i believe is supposed to hit r14 this week). Even more so if this situation will continue for 2 more weeks.
I get that no one else is able to get honour either but I imagine standings are still very much not yet set in stone and with the server being up and down at completely unpredictable hours it must be hard to organise anything.

Now I am not ranking so perhaps this is none of my concern and everything is already sorted out but I am making this thread to put it up for discussion as to whether or not there should be any measures from the dev's side or whether is should just be left as it is and whatever happens, happens.

1st player (?) who almost managed to get rank 14 on two characters on both factions? Jokes aside, hope you make it this time. :yes:

On the one hand it would fuck ~20 people up really if they can't grind honor efficiently.
But on the other side you're asking the devs to make a special move for 20 "elite" players who are affected "more" than the usual player.

If you ask me the rank decay, gain and honor status should be frozen for everyone until this bad situation is over.

Weeelllll.... honestly seeing the speed at which some of these people have been ranking, i must say my condolences are still reserved for those who got 12k rp for standing 1 back in the days. Or those who ran silithus sand for half of their wake hours, every day of the week.

These guys have been flying through the ranks since the increased population came around. They steamroll the randoms day and night to secure their standings and then kick their feet back and relax for the last 3 days.

Sure it sucks to be fucked over with the DDOS, but saying that we should feel sorry for them is stretching it a bit. Even with the DDOS these guys have had an easier time to r14 than anyone else in the history of kronos.

Weeelllll.... honestly seeing the speed at which some of these people have been ranking, i must say my condolences are still reserved for those who got 12k rp for standing 1 back in the days. Or those who ran silithus sand for half of their wake hours, every day of the week.

These guys have been flying through the ranks since the increased population came around. They steamroll the randoms day and night to secure their standings and then kick their feet back and relax for the last 3 days.

Sure it sucks to be fucked over with the DDOS, but saying that we should feel sorry for them is stretching it a bit. Even with the DDOS these guys have had an easier time to r14 than anyone else in the history of kronos.

And because earlier players had chosen to go the painful way to r14, the newer players shall suffer? Guess everyone of the old r14s would do the same if they'd rank now.
So please stop talking BS.

As a comparison, one could say that todays internet is very quick, where as when i was a kid you had to actually turn off your telephone in order to get on the internet, and you would have to wait to load a webpage.
All im saying is that if you consider todays internet slow, go fuck yourself

As a comparison, one could say that todays internet is very quick, where as when i was a kid you had to actually turn off your telephone in order to get on the internet, and you would have to wait to load a webpage.
All im saying is that if you consider todays internet slow, go fuck yourself
Correct me if i'm wrong, but he never said todays ranking is harder than it was "back in the days", so what you just said makes no sense tbh.

Anyway.
If you ask me the rank decay, gain and honor status should be frozen for everyone until this bad situation is over.
This is probably a stupid question, but technically if the world server is down, isn't everything already frozen?

Sucks for people on the edge of rank 14 (unless if they are Eljay, then fuck these traitors!!1), but it's painful for everyone who is ranking. Also from what I've seen it seems Alliance have it pretty easy in terms of how much honor they have to get each week, seeing most premades only having to play 2-3 days a week to achieve their standings is pretty crazy.

But yes, the server is down and therefor non of your competition is getting any standing nor honor but since the step from r13>r14 requires more honor/higher standing than r12>13 and so on, it technically means the higher your current rank the more this affects you. And if you "misplanned" your playtime to get all your honor during the weekend for example, you got double-screwed.

Problem is, the server is down and any changes they would want to apply would be nearly impossible to go live on the server without the server actually being up, let alone also doing it retrospectively. Also, I would assume the Kronos Dev-team has better ways to spend their time and money on atm.

Last edited:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but he never said todays ranking is harder than it was "back in the days", so what you just said makes no sense tbh.

Anyway.

This is probably a stupid question, but technically if the world server is down, isn't everything already frozen?

What I mean is freezing the honor, decay and ranking points as they are right now. When the server runs stable again (maybe monday in 2 weeks) the honor, decay and rank points should be unfrozen and you just continue where you stopped. U know what I mean?

I really hope everything is frozen. I had held off until Friday to start my PvP grind, but by then it was too late. I'll likely be demoted this week if the server isn't back up soon :/

I really hope everything is frozen. I had held off until Friday to start my PvP grind, but by then it was too late. I'll likely be demoted this week if the server isn't back up soon :/

Who in their right mind would skip two days of honor grinding if you're a serious ranker? Sorry, but you deserve to decay.

Who in their right mind would skip two days of honor grinding if you're a serious ranker? Sorry, but you deserve to decay.

I've successfully got top 13 standings now for 4 straight weeks doing exactly this. And the only reason I haven't gotten st 1-10 etc. is because I'm holding off for the higher ranks. So yes, people in their right minds can easily skip 2 days of ranking. It's called maintaining some semblance of life outside the game and still crushing it.

Plus the people I run with generally play during Euro times as well as the fact that I have to miss a day to raid.

But it is a problem, and I'm of the mindset of most others, I hope they freeze. I feel terrible right now for Bate who was on his legit last week of the grind and may have 2 more weeks because of this. If not much, much more if they don't freeze it at all and we have 2 weeks of decay.

I don't think you thought of the fact that some people plan ahead for their grinding time and don't want to spend 100% of their time doing it.

A full stack of marks gives 2388 honor. That won't make a dent at all. Even have full stacks for concentrated war effort won't save people at top rank unless they are legitimately within striking distance of the top standing.

Needless to say, if it isn't frozen. GG to all the people that are rank 10+ more so those that are r12+.

I don't think you thought of the fact that some people plan ahead for their grinding time and don't want to spend 100% of their time doing it.

Again, if you don't plan on playing serious, don't bitch when you decay. From reading your previous posts I take it you're one of those lazy ass rankers that just wants a comfy ranking time. You always get the standing you deserve, remember that.

Top Bottom