• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Ranking with all this server downtime

to be clear, even when servers are back up, the ddos attacks can continue.

their host dropped them.

they have to shop for a new host, agree to terms, pay them, have either someone remote in sweden pack their servers up or fly someone from the czech republic to sweden to take down their gear, pack it up, either ship it to the new data center or have whoever is packing it drive it to the new location (no one knows where the new location is), wait for gear to arrive at new location, set it all up again.

after that, the ddos attacks will start again if kungen continues streaming kronos until ddos countermeasures are fully in place (expensive and takes weeks)

Again, if you don't plan on playing serious, don't bitch when you decay. From reading your previous posts I take it you're one of those lazy ass rankers that just wants a comfy ranking time. You always get the standing you deserve, remember that.

As opposed to what? Grinding my life away, to be a "serious" ranker on a private server? I already play this game so I can't say it with much conviction, but get a fucking life. I play this to enjoy the game and do things I didn't get a chance to do in retail. It's punks like you that don't understand the system that push for no god damn reason.

Comfy ranking time? Yeah sure, I would like to pvp to hit my rank and hit it consistently. Why the hell would I want to dump extra hours into a game, because your no life from China that's rank 4 decides he wants to push for a high standing to not benefit you at all?

Some of us work during the week, I don't have time to play this game like people did when it was retail to grind out 14, if I can hit 14 and play comfortable. That sounds like a god damn good time to me. Your statements are honestly amazing.

As opposed to what? Grinding my life away, to be a "serious" ranker on a private server? I already play this game so I can't say it with much conviction, but get a fucking life. I play this to enjoy the game and do things I didn't get a chance to do in retail. It's punks like you that don't understand the system that push for no god damn reason.

Comfy ranking time? Yeah sure, I would like to pvp to hit my rank and hit it consistently. Why the hell would I want to dump extra hours into a game, because your no life from China that's rank 4 decides he wants to push for a high standing to not benefit you at all?

Some of us work during the week, I don't have time to play this game like people did when it was retail to grind out 14, if I can hit 14 and play comfortable. That sounds like a god damn good time to me. Your statements are honestly amazing.

That's the whole mechanic behind the vanilla pvp system though, and it's why blizzard changed it in TBC. It was simply too time consuming for people who had lives. With that in mind, how come you expected to be a top PvPer on an active vanilla server? You shouldn't complain about not having time for a MMO, MMO's are time-sinks at their very core and your character will end up on the gear 'hierarchy' depending entirely on the amount of time you put into it.

The people who play this like it is retail vanilla are gonna be the people who gets ahead, and rightfully so, considering it's how the game was originally designed to work. Go play a vanilla 'funserver' if you're gonna start arguing that you can't spend as much time as someone else but shouldn't be punished for it, because the game is designed to punish you for it and changing that would remove the blizzlike stamp that pulls in players.

You play here to experience things you couldn't in retail vanilla. It's no one else's fault that you might not be able to experience all of them here either, that's entirely on you either you like it or not, no one is required to make this server accommodate you and your time-schedule. You seem to think that anyone cares if you have the time or not, except you? Some people will have the time and dedication, and the top ranks are rightfully theirs.

If you bothered to read the server announcements, you'd already know that honor was frozen, and the flush was paused until the 18th of May. If you already know that, your entire time spent here is really just an outlet for you to whine that the server won't adapt to fit you better so you can live out your childhood dream of being rank 14?

You seem obnoxiously entitled, and I'm honestly surprised you have a job (you probably go to school, a person with an adult mindset would accept that their limited time to put into a game will limit their experiences in that game, and wouldn't whine about it). Everyone is in the same boat as you, the same amount of time available to PvP has been lost, what exactly makes you special? I'm curious.

Last edited:
Stop crying about hard it is, currently ranking is not hard and not time consuming at all except in the AV week end.
Those who started/decided to rank 1 month ago got lucky, it is just weird only 3 dozens of players understood it and took their chance to get an easy rank 10.
But in one month maybe 2 this will change, premades should run both sides making ranking an hell again.

This is what you wrote to another person that wants to start pvping:

Never hurts to ask for a spot, but my biggest tip would be to make sure you know the "cap" each week if you notice you are grinding hard. A sure fire way to not get into the premade is to push their cap too hard.

You're basicly giving him an underlying threat of "get in line and pvp like I do, or you're fucked", which is why I called you out on being a lazy motherfucker. If you can't commit to hitting 1.4-1.6 mil honor per week, don't try to hinder other peoples progress with empty threats.

Last edited:
Top Bottom