• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Real Capabilities of Hunter Soloing

GoldSplit

Hello fellow hunters :smile: .

When it comes to soloing we know that hunters are one of the better classes (if not THE class) to do the job. Kiting, splitting mob groups, Aggro-Ping-Pong thanks to Feign Death and so on. We have seen "Hunter vs. World" to get an idea of what a hunter is capable of.

Now, whenever I watch a video about a Vanilla hunter soloing something, s/he is either overleveled for the dungeon or has quite awesome gear.
My question regarding this is: do you think it is possible for a hunter during the leveling phase to solo dungeons at the appropriate level (meaning not being higher than the endboss and killing every boss there is)? For example, could it be possible for a 21 hunter to clear Deadmines? Or a level 26 clearing SFK?
I have tried some dungeons (Razorfen Kraul, Gnomeregan and Stockades) without any preparation or awesome equipment (quest greens, maybe one or two blues) and got quite far. My thoughts are, that with the right amount of preparation it should be possible for a hunter to solo even way more than that.
My thoughts so far:
- one of your professions should be Engineering. Having a target dummy, stun grenades and all that engi-only goodies can help quite a lot
- Skill tree: I am thinking of some weird shit like this: http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...500320000000000505510005130302305002010000000
This build has some useful things from every tree, but I never tested that. This is something to be discussed...
- You need pet healing equipment (yes, you really do :w00t: ). A tank pet with Shell Shield can eat quite a good amount of damage until your next Mend Pet is necessary. But mana is a problem when the fight takes longer.
- Enchantings/Engineering goodies shouldn't be too powerful to make it more of a challenge :whistling:. With level 21 it is theoretically possible to have everything up to Engi skill 225 and any enchants there are. This should be limited

Yeah, these are my thoughts about this One-Hunter-Army so far. What do guys think? Have you made any experience with low level soloing?

Regards
GoldSplit

Before feign death getting to most bosses in instances your level will be very difficult if not impossible. Even when you do have feign death it may take a while to find safe spots where you can regen and wait for your feign death cooldown to recover. Keep in mind that on Kronos pets have the proper amount of hp, armor, and damage for Vanilla (unlike the OP pets players may have experienced on servers such as Feenix), so killing lots of trash is not very feasible.

That being said there are many instances where bosses can be solo'd by a hunter, Princess in Mara for example (Just watch out for her ranged attack). However, your pet will not be able to tank the damage. The strategy will be to kite the boss with AoC while your pet does damage on it while it is chasing you.

Some good rules for determining if you can solo a boss are:
- Is there enough space to kite
- Does the boss have significant ranged damage
- Does the boss have the ability to teleport the player or CC the player
- Can the boss be reached solo

Hello again :)

I agree with the fact that level 30, where you learn Feign Death will be a milestone in this quest. Every dungeon before that needs to be cleared from boss to boss which may be a very tedious work. I'm thinking of nuking one mob of a group and exit the dungeon to reset the rest. Yes, that's not very sporty :) . Maybe we can find a way around that.
But even with the adorable Feign Death you will often end up in a false safety. In my Uldaman runs I often got past many mob groups just to have FD resisted on the last one and died. Repeat :angry:

Mobs/bosses with ranged attacks actually do deal way less damage than meele. Meele have to be tanked in order to shoot their faces and they can damage your little turtle quite hard while on the other hand ranged mobs can easily be LoS'ed. With proper timing they won't even hit you once (given the right surrounding of course).

Teleporting and CC'ing bosses will be a problem though. I'll see to it when it is time ^^.

Right now I am leveling some alts in order to get all the professions I need (buying stuff on the AH and begging my guildies for another 50 potions just isn't any fun :lol:) and collect some equipment.
I have one important question regarding the pet healing equipment I'm also about to collect. Today I got my hands on some boots with +5 spell damage/healing and wanted to test, if this affects the amount of health healed by Mend Pet... it didn't. According to this thread
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/57011-Big-TheoryCrafting-Thread?highlight=spell+coefficient
a hunter's Mend Pet should benefit 100% from any healing sources. So each of the 5 ticks of Mend Pet should have healed 1 more HP but the amount was the same with and without them. I tested rank 5 (142 per tick) and rank 1 (20 per tick) and got the same results.
My question is: is this a bug? The Bug Tracker didn't have such a bug listed but I'm sure that such a bug is overlooked because usually you don't give a shit about pet heal equipment :biggrin:

So much for the moment
Happy hunting!

Last edited:
Top Bottom