• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Regarding Corpse Camp

cesarpaiva

Authorized
On feenix u got banned after killing a player 5 times, will this be the case on kronos? are people actually allowed to kill as much they want ?

Last edited:
On feenix u got banned after killing a player 5 times, will this be the case on kronos? are people actually allowed to kill as much they want ?
Of course man. You're allowed to camp the corpse day and night for the rest of the server life cycle!

Camping is a real part of classic wow, so I don't see why it should be prohibited.

GMs can intervene on retail if it becomes too excessive, don't they?
Nope. They can do nothing. It's your choice that you went PvP instead of PvE. By clicking and joining a PvP server you automatically agree with the rules that allow people to kill people and camp people 24/7. If your ass is getting hogged you just call your friends to help you out.

On a private server you should always have a separate account with one or more banker alts that store your tradeskill mats or similar items, as well as use one of these characters for auction house use. If someone decides to camp you, log off and do some sorting and check out the AH for your item selling for the day.

It's either that or level an alt for an hour. Both would work for me in not wasting time if someone's hanging around in the area just to camp me.

It's your choice that you went PvP instead of PvE.

Except there is no choice. Kronos is only pvp, and no other vanilla server even comes close, not to mention being PVE. Nost and Feenix are both PvP for that matter.

Corpse camping is griefing and ruins the game for others, hence should not be allowed imo. People doing that stuff are the lowest of scum. And getting your sweet pathetic revenge on the other faction usually means killing an innocent quester once you got the oppurtunity to jump on them, and the endless circle continues. Its a toxic behavior and I cant understand why anyone would defend these actions.

To be clear im not talking open world pvp "done right" here with people of equal (or close to) level battle it out and then go about their business. Im talking ganking lowbies and corpsecamping them.

Another thing you can do is run to a nearby villiage / town / city. And currently the guard system is not really working great and needs to be fixed. with that u should have no problems in a town.

Corpse camping is part of the game wether you like it or not.

If you're scared of getting corpse camped by someone you should consider traveling and questing with guildies. Heck, you could even hire "bodyguards" if no friends or guilies are willing to hold you by the hand while you go out of the city.

Last edited:
Except there is no choice. Kronos is only pvp, and no other vanilla server even comes close, not to mention being PVE. Nost and Feenix are both PvP for that matter.

Corpse camping is griefing and ruins the game for others, hence should not be allowed imo. People doing that stuff are the lowest of scum. And getting your sweet pathetic revenge on the other faction usually means killing an innocent quester once you got the oppurtunity to jump on them, and the endless circle continues. Its a toxic behavior and I cant understand why anyone would defend these actions.

To be clear im not talking open world pvp "done right" here with people of equal (or close to) level battle it out and then go about their business. Im talking ganking lowbies and corpsecamping them.

i feel like every post you make you mention "toxic"

Unless you played Ultima Online or Sullon Zek no rules pvp on EQ stop whining about PvP. Especially WoW PvP. Jesus christ with this "toxic" crap. People don't know anything about "pvp" or "toxic".

"Oh noes I got killed on a casual ruleset MMO, lost nothing but 5 minutes of my time, my widdle feelings got hurt, let me rage on the forums about my vagina being swollen to the size of a basketball and all the bad people who did exactly what the server was for"

Nope. They can do nothing. It's your choice that you went PvP instead of PvE. By clicking and joining a PvP server you automatically agree with the rules that allow people to kill people and camp people 24/7. If your ass is getting hogged you just call your friends to help you out.

So it's not blizzlike, because on retail GMs can intervene if corpse camping becomes too excessive.

So it's not blizzlike, because on retail GMs can intervene if corpse camping becomes too excessive.

Yeah, but normally its when you put them on friendlist and really harass them by killing them 50 times or ganking them over couple days. Not when you camp them for two hours.
You think they will get banned when camping Blackrock for 2-4 hours befor raid? No, people can and will do it.

interesting and related:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050609...dofwarcraft.com/info/basics/survivingpvp.html
^ older one

http://web.archive.org/web/20101107...dofwarcraft.com/info/basics/survivingpvp.html
^ newer one

Ganking
Ganking can mean being killed while fighting a monster or killing another player while they are fighting a monster. You WILL be ganked on a regular basis. Watch out for other players while fighting. Often, players will be consumed with their current fight and won't notice the enemy attacking from behind. Don't let your guard down.

Harassment
bulletblue-small.gif
Continue to Fight
bulletblue-small.gif
Leave
bulletblue-small.gif
Get Help!

[TD="colspan: 2"]

You may sometimes come across an enemy player that continually stalks you. Be aware of the PvP policy concerning such harassment here. You have several in-game options available to you for dealing with such a situation:[/TD]

[TD="width: 20, align: left"]

[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]

- You can keep trying to get away and return to fight again.[/TD]

[/TD]

- go find another area or zone to play in. There are usually multiple options. Consult the region levels or quest levels page.[/TD]

[/TD]

- Use your guild or general chat channels to get reinforcements to kill the attacking enemy players. This can work sometimes but will not always work. You might have to deal with this situation on your own. If there are players in your party you can also organize them to defend yourself.[/TD]

Be warned that constantly harassing and killing players over and over, attacking them when they are fighting monsters, and camping their corpses may hurt your reputation among the players on the realm. Opposing faction players may band together and hunt you down with extreme prejudice.

blizzard expected you to get ganked repeatedly and for you to deal with it yourself

No they don't. I have camped someone before for about 2-3 hours that killed a friend, with a few of my friends. He reported us several times and nothing happened. They can't do anything. We logged on for about a week and camped him every time he tried to quest. Get over yourself.

Just can't be a bitch, get over getting camped and do something.

No they don't. I have camped someone before for about 2-3 hours that killed a friend, with a few of my friends. He reported us several times and nothing happened. They can't do anything. We logged on for about a week and camped him every time he tried to quest. Get over yourself.

Just can't be a bitch, get over getting camped and do something.

The only one being a bitch was you and your group of pathetic little cunt friends. :lol: You guys suck so bad you needed a group to corpse camp? Must be the worst players in Wow history.

Well, but remember, that corpse camping leads, most of the times, to open world PvP and so you can silently vanish in the meantime. The only thing you need is to ask for help.

I recall STV expedition. Each day it started with one lvl 60, killing low levels and ended hour after with 20v20 lvl 60 fighting over the camp.. All the low levels "mysteriously dissapeared" :biggrin:

The only one being a bitch was you and your group of pathetic little cunt friends. :lol: You guys suck so bad you needed a group to corpse camp? Must be the worst players in Wow history.

People have diffrent views on what constitutes good PVP, but try and keep the discussion civil.
Calling eachother names doesn't help anything, on the contrary, it only shows that you are not able to present a good enough argument for your case, but instead have to attack the other person in order to make your point.

I don't believe that "corpse camping" should be regulated in anyway, but that is solely because i've never experienced it being a problem for myself.
Yes i've had "enemies" that enjoyed camping me, but so what...it set me back abit leveling wise, but i remembered those guys and was able to return the favor later on, which gave me some of the most satisfying pvp experiences i had in WOW.

I feel bad for the people who don't enjoy pvp and want to play on a vanilla privat server. Because there is no real alternative out there for them.
So please bear that in mind before calling someone a "Dog of the female sex" next time

Peace!

blizzard expected you to get ganked repeatedly and for you to deal with it yourself

So even 11 years ago, Blizzard knew there would be jerks and decided to let the community handle things. Not sure I agree with that policy, but there it is.

EDIT: I despise "world PvP' as it appears on Vanilla servers. It appears as gankfests, camping, and ruining the game for others. I hope that Kronos avoids the one major pitfall of world PvP on Nost: Alliance can't do the hunting quests in STV because Horde are camping out at Nessingwary's 24/7. It's childish.

Last edited:

You must know me so well, he camped my friend first, and he got retaliation. Get over it.

Top Bottom