• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Regarding Corpse Camp

You must know me so well, he camped my friend first, and he got retaliation. Get over it.
One does not need to know you in real life, to read from your post that you, at least back then, had some serious anger issues. No one is calling you a sociopath, but when you describe behaviour that is anti-social to such a degree, you gotta live with others calling it out as such. His wording is completely unnecessary too though, with that I agree.

I would say it differently - It's a ROLE PLAYING game in a world of two factions that hate each other. So, if you are a patriot, It's your duty to prepare a hell for the other faction :smile: And it's up to them to retaliate.

To the topic, I'm sure, that GMs will intervene when this should become greater problem (for example, when H:A will be 80:20 and horde will be camping the whole alliance, then intervention is in place here)

Unless you played Ultima Online or Sullon Zek no rules pvp on EQ stop whining about PvP. Especially WoW PvP. Jesus christ with this "toxic" crap. People don't know anything about "pvp" or "toxic".

"Oh noes I got killed on a casual ruleset MMO, lost nothing but 5 minutes of my time, my widdle feelings got hurt, let me rage on the forums about my vagina being swollen to the size of a basketball and all the bad people who did exactly what the server was for"
UA and Tibia, never seen Sullon Zek, i remember how cold my hands used to get when there was a PK in front of me, or how happy when i killed one.

I would say it differently - It's a ROLE PLAYING game in a world of two factions that hate each other. So, if you are a patriot, It's your duty to prepare a hell for the other faction :smile: And it's up to them to retaliate.

When you talk about lore, then there was no war prior to the Angrathar incident and Putress's betrayel. Yes, there were conflicts here and there, but far from open killing season. Even long after the Third War there was effectively a truce between Horde and Alliance. Too much shit threatening the world for both factions to wage war against each other.

I played vanilla retail in PvP server, being a snot-nosed brat I was, PvE servers seemed "too gay" at the time of character creation. World PvP was fun for the few months before the honor patch, because the only incentive to participate in PvP was pure fun and no rewards from ganking. The whole game was still new so I was blind for the fact 1-vs-1 world PvP is always unbalanced for many reasons and therefore basically unsatisfactory.

At start I didn't really even knew what this game was about. Only after good amount of levelling I began to learn the MMORPG mechanics - how there is very good group synergy and cooperation possibilities. If I want to run dick hard at red players like some mindless bot there are 584754890704574 online shooters for PvP. I have another gripe against PvP, how the "so tough" PvP players whined and Blizzard's response to balance inherently unbalanced aspect of the game especially starting from TBC ruined many features, but that's even more offtopic.

This is all pointless. Kronos won't turn into something else. But I believe being a PvE realm is a good feature for the future contenders to snatch players from Nos & Kronos. After all PvE realms had the most population.

TLDR: This is one of the rare good games where I can play WITH people, not AGAINST them. Don't want to water down the experience by playing it in a way which is sub-par and unfair and unsportsmanlike for it's purpose.

Never say never. If Kronos succeeds and get high enough stable population (like 2000+) and if there will be high demand, then Twinstar may consider opening another realm, this time PvE and allow players to transfer there. But first, Kronos must suceed :smile:

Never say never. If Kronos succeeds and get high enough stable population (like 2000+) and if there will be high demand, then Twinstar may consider opening another realm, this time PvE and allow players to transfer there. But first, Kronos must suceed :smile:

In my opinion splitting the playerbase is a terrible idea since it would result in one of the realms being a ghost town.

In my opinion splitting the playerbase is a terrible idea since it would result in one of the realms being a ghost town.

That depends entirely on the size of the playerbase. If it's substantially bigger than what Kronos can handle, a second server won't hurt.

this will literally never happen

Yet other established servers have actually considered this an option.

Their current playerbase majority was against it, but i think there is defently a niche out there that someone has yet to fill.

Last edited by a moderator:
That depends entirely on the size of the playerbase. If it's substantially bigger than what Kronos can handle, a second server won't hurt.

I agree that if the playerbase grows out of control and Kronos simply cannot handle all the players on one single realm then, yes they should open a second realm. I'm pretty sure Kronos can handle at least 2-3k Players though.

i feel like every post you make you mention "toxic"

Could be because I feel so strongly against it and wanting to have fun playing a game without getting corpsecamped, ninja'd or whatnot these lowlifes does to others on a daily basis. I think most feel that way too :)

Corpse camping is part of the game wether you like it or not.

If you're scared of getting corpse camped by someone you should consider traveling and questing with guildies. Heck, you could even hire "bodyguards" if no friends or guilies are willing to hold you by the hand while you go out of the city.

Ye, since those of us who dont necessarily like the pvp ruleset dont have any other choice than to go along with it if they wanna play on vanilla, perhaps the staff should offer "bodyguarding" services for those that want someone holding their hand :rolleyes2:

Unless you played Ultima Online or Sullon Zek no rules pvp on EQ stop whining about PvP. Especially WoW PvP. Jesus christ with this "toxic" crap. People don't know anything about "pvp" or "toxic".

"Oh noes I got killed on a casual ruleset MMO, lost nothing but 5 minutes of my time, my widdle feelings got hurt, let me rage on the forums about my vagina being swollen to the size of a basketball and all the bad people who did exactly what the server was for"

Hey, we got a badass over here! Feeling macho much?
If the server was "intended" for corpsecamping, about 99% would leave. Corpsecamping is the brown stain of pvp ruleset, people use the ruleset and what they could do with it just to ruin the game for others in any possible way. Just because "they can"! Thats the thing. But thankfully the majority of players, even on a pvp server, dont do corpsecamping because they know how shitty it is and how they would feel if someone did it to them. Some kind of empathy and reflection, sadly some pricks lack this ability.

- - - Updated - - -

I played vanilla retail in PvP server, being a snot-nosed brat I was, PvE servers seemed "too gay" at the time of character creation. World PvP was fun for the few months before the honor patch, because the only incentive to participate in PvP was pure fun and no rewards from ganking. The whole game was still new so I was blind for the fact 1-vs-1 world PvP is always unbalanced for many reasons and therefore basically unsatisfactory.

At start I didn't really even knew what this game was about. Only after good amount of levelling I began to learn the MMORPG mechanics - how there is very good group synergy and cooperation possibilities. If I want to run dick hard at red players like some mindless bot there are 584754890704574 online shooters for PvP. I have another gripe against PvP, how the "so tough" PvP players whined and Blizzard's response to balance inherently unbalanced aspect of the game especially starting from TBC ruined many features, but that's even more offtopic.

This is all pointless. Kronos won't turn into something else. But I believe being a PvE realm is a good feature for the future contenders to snatch players from Nos & Kronos. After all PvE realms had the most population.

TLDR: This is one of the rare good games where I can play WITH people, not AGAINST them. Don't want to water down the experience by playing it in a way which is sub-par and unfair and unsportsmanlike for it's purpose.

Even though Kronos probably wont go making a PVE server, I nevertheless thank you for your post. It explains alot of my thinking as well and its good to see someone else annoyed by these "oh so tough" pvpers.

Be very careful to mention "Roleplaying" to pvpers, they will heckle you with f*ggot all day long. I remember when I said that I enjoyed the occasional roleplaying myself, holy cow the amount of abuse I got for that statement. I didnt even get the chance to explain that I meant it as a reason to PVP, why else would I attack alliance if not for the glory of the horde?

Here we go again! The Age-old conflict between the CryingcasualcarebearPvEHerosonahighorse, and the BadasstoxicorpsecampingOhSoToughPvPgankingrieverkids. xD

...we can also play WITH people, AGAINST other people...good group synergy and cooperation possibilities becoming ever more apparent/critical!^^

Ye, since those of us who dont necessarily like the pvp ruleset dont have any other choice than to go along with it if they wanna play on vanilla, perhaps the staff should offer "bodyguarding" services for those that want someone holding their hand :rolleyes2:

I might be available for bodyguarding services, it wont be cheap tho (...and Corpsecamping Prevention costs extra). ; )

If there is no way around PvP (and there will be plenty of people around to make sure of it), options are few.
1. Not playing.
2. Viewing it as a necessary evil to enjoy rest of the content.
3. ...or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the PvP.

Last edited:
I might be available for bodyguarding services, it wont be cheap tho (...and Corpsecamping Prevention costs extra). ; )

If there is no way around PvP (and there will be plenty of people around to make sure of it), options are few.
1. Not playing.
2. Viewing it as a necessary evil to enjoy rest of the content.
3. ...or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the PvP.

Lol, I like your post xD
Well, Im gonna go with option number 2 here. And a little bit of option number 3. Once im max level I will enjoy pvp alot, its really fun against others of max level. I hate ganking lowbies and I never do it myself, its more fun to /wave at them and just stand there, watching xD then go about my business.
Anyway. I dont hate pvp even if it seems that way, I just hate certain aspects of it (the brown stain of the pvp-ruleset that is corpsecamping and lowbie-ganking as I mentioned before).

...we can also play WITH people, AGAINST other people...good group synergy and cooperation possibilities becoming ever more apparent/critical!^^

Of course. Note 99% of these situations happen in Bg's. But not in 99% of Bg's. In my original draft I had a paragraph about Bg's and how vanilla WoW's class/spec/gear unfairness made it interesting. And how the carebear PvP players in their feelings hurt mode cried it into shitty e-sports. And being unfair is ok in Bg's because you are always giving out consent for PvP when queuing them. Had to trim it out because the post was long enough without it anyway.

There aren't many multiplayer games where I can feel I'm interacting with other people, where we depend on each other. Running instances at best gives the fuzzy feeling like when playing live tabletop games. Guild Bg's are almost as much enjoyable when we have roles and tactics and vent, but then again it's the social aspect what makes it because we're going to steamroll the unorganized opponent easily anyway. Random Bg's are pretty much like playing crappy unbalanced shooters, everyone is just for themselves and WoW sucks when played this way. World PvP is shit because it's always some opportunistic ganking.

Top Bottom