• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Release names kept on old accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice01

Hello. I'll be short. Names are important and some people, who haven't logged in for half a year or much more are holding names that active players could use. So I ask you to please release all names held on characters with the level range 1-40, on all accounts inactive for 6 months or more when you merge servers. Thanks beforehand.

Well, you both seem to want this. If enough people want this, I don't see why the discussion should be dismissed.

It is very apparent that Vice is trying to find a way to get this done, that does not screw over anybody (!). Let's say we were to release all names that

- Have been created week 1
- Have had their corresponding accounts abandonded since week 1. No logins to that account since.
- That are level 1.

I think that is a fair, win-win thing to do? Doable with a very primitive SQL query almost. If my assumption is not wrong (that this would not screw over anyone and it would take someone familiar with SQL and the db a few minutes), then I believe this should be done.

I don't personally care.

- But some others might.
- Give people 2 months notice. Nobody is taken by surprise
- People will donate so they can namechange into the names they always wanted
- ???
- Win

I am just saying, this reads like a decent proposal, assuming we are very clear with the restrictions.

Looks like this should free up a ton of names: "Any characters with less than 60 minutes /played and have not been logged in since the 1st of January 2017 will be deleted." http://www.kronos-wow.com/2017/03/12/realm-merge/

Looks like this should free up a ton of names: "Any characters with less than 60 minutes /played and have not been logged in since the 1st of January 2017 will be deleted."http://www.kronos-wow.com/2017/03/12/realm-merge/

I'm really not sure this will be enough, it should be as I suggested -- 1-40 lvl, who haven't logged in 6 months, or, alright, 1 year even, because let's face it, if people haven't logged in in a year, they won't be playing at all. And even if they will (very slim chance)... Well... Tough luck. Just deleting all level 1s with less than 1 hr playtime is not nearly enough. But they seem to already have set their minds, so what can we do... We can only sit here with bullshit names, angry that someone took our name 2 years ago, played to level 5 with it and quit for good.

I've got a lvl 25 character on k2 with 3 days played and there is another character with the same name on k1, he is lvl 35. However, he has not played since Aug 2015. But he will keep the name because he /played longer. That's quite stupid, isn't it?

Its not. You had the chance to start on Kronos before this character was created, but didn't.

Besides, its just a name. You can probably come up with a better one anyways.

You had the chance to start on Kronos before this character was created, but didn't.

In which way lol? I started playing since K2 opened. This guys has not played for 1,5 years. I am going to stay here. Is he coming back for his lvl 35?

Your argument made me burst out laughing tbh.

Basically stop complaining about something you have no control over. Someone else got the name first so it's theirs, be a little creative and make a new or even a variation of the one that's so important to you.

Just whisper Slumwawa, he knows how to properly cry to the GMs to get what he wants.

In which way lol? I started playing since K2 opened. This guys has not played for 1,5 years. I am going to stay here. Is he coming back for his lvl 35?
coming back from an 8 month break. Ahm, idk, maybe?
Its his toon and his name, deal with it.

Please post said name in this thread, its probably shit anyways :lol:

You could try to reach out to that person. His guild etc. Maybe he will just give you the name.

A ton of names were free'd up with the merge. Low level accounts that had names saved and were not in use were all deleted.
If the name you want is not available, it means it either belongs to an active account, or to a toon that has enough time played that the player may come back to it some day.
No other names will be freed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom