• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Remove AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidom

This is not PVP and still gives waaaay more Honor than TRUE PvP(WSG, AB and WPvP)

Dat or replace bosses with players, would be max lol #blizzlike #kingofthenorth

I suppose this was meant for the suggestion forum.

Alterac Valley is meant to be PvP, and its presence is mandatory for a 'blizzlike' server. I believe you speak about quick games where most players ignore others and try to bring down the leader of the enemy as if it was a simple raid (blitz strategy or sometimes rush strategy).

If so, then removing the battleground is not a solution. The reason for such behaviour is that people do not care for the outcome of the battle, they care for the profits they get. In my opinion, better solution to this problem (probable not 'blizzlike', but I've heard that this particular battleground is nerfed in a way, so it's not 'blizzlike' as it is now, either) is to remove any awards (reputation, honour, marks of honour, etc.) for the losing team.

This way Alterac Valley will either naturally have not enough players (which in result is similar to its removal) or will end up in being played by those who actually want to win.

You have COBRA as profile picture and thats 10/10 reckbombs, but then again you DONT like AV?
God damn YOU! Like a wise man once said; If it's not Alterac Valley, it doesn't COUNT!

LOL
How can carrying/tagging flags can be true pvp ?

My guess is that you're talking when you farm green geared pugs

Because they're fighting against actual people for the flag, not NPCs like in AV you fucken numpty.

Well, from my experience in the last Warsong weekend in 80% of the games were a 10x8 where i just need to afk and wait for my mark

Is it the concept of "true pvp" ?

in AV you fight against actual people for their lieutnants, base etc, just like you fight for the flag in WSG. the only difference is the flag has no weapon

in AV you fight against actual people for their lieutnants, base etc, just like you fight for the flag in WSG. the only difference is the flag has no weapon

4CAFVbX.gif

Av is a 40 vs 40 pve raid with the option to interfere with the opposite sides pve boss fight (riding past each other in field of strife yo), while the (unarmed) wsg flag is carried by a player.

Just to clarify, I don't think AV should be removed, I just don't enjoy it as it's barely pvp in my eyes, so I don't play it.

Last edited:
Srsly fuck this shit..i loged in and now i see my rank actually went down with double the honor I had last week...thanks to all the all day no lifers and pve'ers who grinded easy epics

AND its not only the AV weekend that is fucked up..its the whole week before that coz people dont bother to wsg for 1k honor/hour when they can just wait for AV weekend to get 20X that honor... and people wonder why we had 40 min ques....DuuuuuGHHH

This facepalmers are soooo anoying...they give no argument or if they do they say smth stupid like... hurr durr flag has no weapong ... and i guess they prolly talk out of their ass with no real bg experience grunts or smth alike...

bottom line : AV honor rep needs to be nerfed regardless of it being blizzlike or not... A fair system is more appealing to people then an exploitable one...like killing npc's for honor....wtf?!!?? common sense anyone??!

Last edited by a moderator:
its the whole week before that coz people dont bother to wsg for 1k honor/hour when they can just wait for AV weekend to get 20X that honor... and people wonder why we had 40 min ques....DuuuuuGHHH

Horde problem, non bg weekend was good for Alliance, easy to get a good standing.

Thats what you get for rolling FOTM race :^)

I tryed but cant stand gnome animations :< escape artists is very strong aswell

bottom line : ... A fair system is more appealing to people then an exploitable one...

So by removing AV we have only Warsong/AB which is 80% chance to face a premade farming pugs at GY

According to you, 10x8 battlegrounds are fairer then AV, when people actually can do proper PVP and not being afk for 5+ games in a row.

So by removing AV we have only Warsong/AB which is 80% chance to face a premade farming pugs at GY

According to you, 10x8 battlegrounds are fairer then AV, when people actually can do proper PVP and not being afk for 5+ games in a row.

AV is not PVP...

Srsly fuck this shit..i loged in and now i see my rank actually went down with double the honor I had last week...thanks to all the all day no lifers and pve'ers who grinded easy epics

AND its not only the AV weekend that is fucked up..its the whole week before that coz people dont bother to wsg for 1k honor/hour when they can just wait for AV weekend to get 20X that honor... and people wonder why we had 40 min ques....DuuuuuGHHH
I really hope you're trolling. You have no use for the honor points in Vanilla. All honor is good for is to rank you up (or down, if you're too lazy to play AV mere 4 days a month). So no, people don't "wait" for AV weekend to get that precious THOUSANDS OF HONOR OMG WHERE TO BUY HONOR GEAR.

Close this thread, like his previous one, please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom