• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Remove Naxx and AQ from Development Progress meter on front page

banezilla

Authorized
Suggestion: Remove Naxx and AQ from Development Progress meter on front page

If the Naxx, AQ, and scourge invasion progess was removed from the front page meter what would be the new %? 95%?

90,77%, but i didn't include scourge invasion :innocent: don't know maybe goris is right.

How i did it:
/edited

Dungeons:
20 dungeons
5 x 95%
3 x 90%
5 x 85%
2 x 80%
1 x 75%
3 x 70%
1 x 65%

Class:
9 classes
8 x 95%
1 x 90%

World Events:
3 events
2 x 90%
1 x 85%

Mechanics: 93%

Quests: 95%

Battlegrounds:
3 battlegrounds
1 x 65%
1 x 95%
1 x 100%

Raids:
5 raids
4 x 95%
1 x 90%

(1680+850+265+93+95+260+470)/(5+3+1+1+3+9+20) = 88% ok goris is right
//edited thanks to Hagson, found my mistake :winkiss:

I should learn for 3 exams ... instead im counting some wow percentages. :D

Last edited:
not trying to spam but one of us probably mathed wrong :D more than 2% difference seems a bit high
gonna recheck if I missed any bars

edit: i didn't include scourge invasion either, just like OP requested. one of us definitely wrong

Last edited:
Haha okay lets say something between 88 - 92 then :shifty:
But yeah to the topic, might look better and isn't even a goal for the release.
These points could be added when it is the actual next step of the timeline for example.

Last edited:

That's not how math works, you can't clump things together like that. Now the 3 battleground have as much "weight" as the 20 dungeons.
You should add up the value of all the individual percentages and then divide by the total amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think Kronos should take this thing down for good. You guys are reading way too much into it...
And judging from reddit the progress bar gets interpreted completely wrong.

90% done -> "project isn't even close to finished yet"

I thought the vanilla community had some sort of intelligence. Turns that was a foolish assumption.
Seem like the major part of the community wants to be lied to so just put a progress bar on there that constantly shows "100% blizzlike" blinking in all colors of the rainbow.

I really think Kronos should take this thing down for good. You guys are reading way too much into it...

I thought the vanilla community had some sort of intelligence. Turns that was a foolish assumption.
Seem like the major part of the community wants to be lied to so just put a progress bar on there that constantly shows "100% blizzlike" blinking in all colors of the rainbow.

But I like the shiny things and pretty colors!

Unfortunately I couldn't agree more with you, from what I've saw last couple weeks. And now turns out that being honest with community is Kronos bigest lack, because casual people dont want to hear truth, they wish to hear things that they want to.

also, the vast majority of retail players didn't really get to experience naxx in 1.12
depending how you look at it, Naxx can be considered more of a wotlk instance as it was incomparably more "populated" during those times.

(and of course he was joking:D)

then he probably lived in a cave during vanilla :ninja:

back to the topic, if removing the naxx/aq bars is something you don't want to do, just excluding them from the total progress calculation could be a decent alternative solution.

By the way the devs already stated, that the progress bar is not an indicator of the actual progress. Then why the hell do you guys want them to remove anything?

It IS indicator of actual progress. However, it will not be at 100% at release.. It may, very well, not be at 100 in next 2 years.

It will nerver go 100%, putting anything above 99% is pure ignorance... there Will allways be some minor glitch around in every section no mattar how hard they work

Removing anything is mainly for the public image of the server. As it has been said a few times recently, it seems like the vanilla community would like to be lied too/held information from instead of having full transparency. The percentage on the progress bar can be seen as negative by newcomers - "85% and want to release in a month? pft, what a joke" etc. etc.

Removing things like Naxx and AQ (which won't be available at release anyway) will artificially push up the percentage thus improve server image.

Then again it is a bit too late now. Removing those raids - thus inflating the percentage - I think it would have a negative impact. Anyone who knows even a little bit about the progress bar could see things were removed, and percentage increased, and would probably scream bloody murder. So I say keep things as they are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom