• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest REQ: Shadow priest talent tree

swenoobwin

Hey, the only shadow guide thread I saw on this board cointained a dead link (at least for me, all I'm getting is a blank window saying "hi"), so I was wondering if anyone could put something together?

Like not a full guide, just talent trees. I'm mainly interested in PvE but would love to see a PvP tree too.
I'm guessing more than 31 points in shadow for PvE, yeah? Considering the ridiculous threat I pull now (level ~40) I'm also guessing the reduce threat from shadow tree is a must, but does it stack with the threat one from disc and if so, should I get both?

Mindblast - if you do not want midnflying but to spam in your rotation more often Mind Blast than maybe this consensus can be broken. Personally I would not give full five points here too and those two could find another usage - for instance if you take usually to much agro Impr. Fade; Improved Vampiric Embrace to let your party longer alive; Impr. Shield to max it; some points to mental agility; or anything else.

Unbreakable will vs. Wand Specialization - Shadow priest is usually out of mana, even having Inner Focus and Meditation. (Because primal stat is not spirit but Intellect) So for raiding and increasing damage per second, I would go for wanding. But if you are usually close, or do not like disturbtions, go for 15 % resist.

Spirit Tap vs. Blackout - Those two are funny. In raids you usually do not get last hit. And in Raids, even dungeons, bosses are immune to stun. Again nice dilema here. Stun is usable on thrash, spirit tap is usable in smaller groups or soloing.

Maniok Fury War since Archaica

Last edited:
I thought there was a general consensus that going past 3/5 Imp Mindblast was a waste of talent points in PvE?

4/5 Imp Mind Blast makes the cooldown 6 seconds, which lines up well with two Mind Flays (if you have no lag) since each is three seconds. That said, there are quite a few fights that have some type of raid damage, which can interrupt your Mind Flay. 5/5 Imp Mind Blast allows for a dps increase in these situations.

Top Bottom