• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Respawn Timer Durotar Kul Tiras Issue

Arkason

Hey,

first of all sry for my bad english.
i just tested the respawn timer in Durotar at the Kul Tiras and i was shocked.

After a kill and loot, the despawn and respawn timer are toooooooo long.
On Kronos despawn timer is at 2:50-3:20 und respawn at 10!!!!! minutes.
Normally despawn is at 1:15-1:35 and respawn at 3!!! minutes.

If you keep this timer on release, when many ppl started at the same time, you will lost most of them.

Hope this timer isnt on all MOBs

Respawn timers are depending on how many players are inside the zone at the same time - like it been on blizzard.

Gotta look around a little to find Chero's quote to that.
So don't worry as we're in beta and most ppl already tested shit out of it - so it's rather empty right now what means long respawn times :3

Respawn in low level ocations was altered to 10 minutes, because, when leveling alone on already running server, you don't have a chance to make it to the Q npc alive. However, when more players will be in the location, the respawn time will be lower.

It's rather easy to test. Take another person with you, and check the respawn timers again. If it's the same, then it's not working properly.

Can I check it using multiboxed chars? Because I was doing quest with 3 people in undead starting zone ( death knell or something ) and there is a quest - kill scarlet crusade mobs and bring their armbands or something. And the question was - are they respawn so long? Yes yes you need to wait about 5 minutes to the mobs show up again. I hope that will be changed.

At beta u can multibox to test this stuff.
But alternative u could ask in worldchat if a few guys could create some chars from the same race. ;)

Last edited:
forerun - You see? You had 3 ppl with you and respawn time downed from 10 mins to 5 mins.

Just put the wotlk respawn rates nobody will be unhappy ... in the same spot in wotlk mobs respawn 1 minute max. Or don't make calculation for region but total_players currently playing in whole wow directly changes the respawn rates of all mobs 1 k people - 2 minutes - 2k people 1 minute. Maybe that crazy but even if respawn is set to 1 minute and there is 15 people one quest will take about 20 minuts to collect all armbands or something ( simple multiboxing expirence from 15 boxes questing with collect something quest ) And respawn timer when nobody is around = 10 minuts? Thats crazy if there is 10 mobs with specific loot and they have 20% chance to drop quest item and I need literlally kill hundreds of them to finish the quest. That's is not the nice thing at all. And if you need real blizzlike expirence I suggest you to buy new athlon 1.8ghz and some nvidia 256mb and 512mb ram for system run wow on it and then and only then you will feel the real 'blizzlike feeling like 10 years ago.'

Last edited:
10 mins is only for locations 1-10 and it have a reason. Can you imagine yourself leveling after 2 months where there are still 2000 ppl on the server, but low level locations are dead, that you are going for that Kul Tiras captain (in that fortress) with 1 min respawn for NPCs around you? Impossible.

I don't think that's necessary to change all mobs in starting zones to 10 minuts if only some quest need the long respawn time to be possible to complete. I don't think that sea crabs or imps in the cave need so long to respawn. And I don't think that is only one setting for all that mobs in database. I think each mob have his only respawn time and that can be customized by difficulty to some racional values because that 10 minuts for all mobs in zones 1-10 is somewhat irrational.

I don't think that's necessary to change all mobs in starting zones to 10 minuts if only some quest need the long respawn time to be possible to complete. I don't think that sea crabs or imps in the cave need so long to respawn. And I don't think that is only one setting for all that mobs in database. I think each mob have his only respawn time and that can be customized by difficulty to some racional values because that 10 minuts for all mobs in zones 1-10 is somewhat irrational.

You're forgetting it's only 10 minutes if the area isn't populated, i don't know the numbers so a dev posting those would help. but lets just pull some outa my ass to show the point:

1-15 players in the area, 10 minutes respawn
16-50, 8 minutes respawn
51-100, 5 mintes respawn
101-500, 2 minutes respawn
501-........... , 1 minute respawn

AGAIN I PULLED THESE NUMBERS OUT OF MY ASS

There is probably a reason for not making the spawn any lower than 1 minute and that's likely cos ppl would just sit at 1 spot and kill the same mob over and over and over not even bothering with quests and the ones that do would not be able to drink or eat b4 the respawn is there again and they wouldn't be able to move any further into the keep to kill X.

Just put the wotlk respawn rates nobody will be unhappy ... in the same spot in wotlk mobs respawn 1 minute max. Or don't make calculation for region but total_players currently playing in whole wow directly changes the respawn rates of all mobs 1 k people - 2 minutes - 2k people 1 minute. Maybe that crazy but even if respawn is set to 1 minute and there is 15 people one quest will take about 20 minuts to collect all armbands or something ( simple multiboxing expirence from 15 boxes questing with collect something quest ) And respawn timer when nobody is around = 10 minuts? Thats crazy if there is 10 mobs with specific loot and they have 20% chance to drop quest item and I need literlally kill hundreds of them to finish the quest. That's is not the nice thing at all. And if you need real blizzlike expirence I suggest you to buy new athlon 1.8ghz and some nvidia 256mb and 512mb ram for system run wow on it and then and only then you will feel the real 'blizzlike feeling like 10 years ago.'
Respawn timers are perfect the way they are. We don't need short respawn timers when we're alone. I've played to lvl 20 and they're good. Don't play kronos if you don't like the respawn time. If you don't want vanilla experience then don't play kronos. It's that simple.
Kronos will be blizzlike server and that's it. There is nothing wrong with respawn time. On vanilla i used to wait for 5 to 10 mins for a respawn and that's what i expect to here as well (when i'm alone). When there are lots of players i'll expect the respawn time to be much faster which it is. I'ts perfect the way it is. If you don't like it well don't play it nobody is forcing you mate. :)
I would be glad if you want to play on this server because of it's features and how it is set but if you whine because of this feature and spread bad word because of this feature then i really have no desire to respect you.

The main point is, if respawn times are going to be an issue at launch, i'm sure, that kronos staff will do something to make it better. They are not stubborn kids.

Top Bottom