• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Server advertising, guild recruting, expectations and more!

Namath

Hey guys,
about one or two weeks ago ive stumbled upon Kronos aka the next gen of private vanilla servers. Being pretty entertained by all the fancy videos and the general hype about the soon-to-be release i started investigating and got more and more amazed about how awesome this server could be - in theory.
I just have a few questions about the server in general and the stuff surronding it pre-release i could not fully get answers to just by scamming over different informing topics, i apolgize in advance if some answers are obvious, i just cba searching for hours when there might be heplful people around :D

1. What's up with the server advertising on other vanilla projects?
Starting with simple trolling and hidden ads over trade/world chat spam up to sky dropping gnome corpses with kronosfavourable names ive got told to visit Kronos on two different projects now - and multiple servers with that. It eventually worked and thats why Im here but id really like to know if these are just some desperate Twinstar fanboys or the team itself doing everything possible to get Kronos started. The latter one would actually made me not want to play here after all.

2. Why are there already established guilds with filled rosters and tight raiding schedules promoting themselves as if they already exist ingame?
I mean i get the point why you would want to recruit people before you actually start raiding, but that far ahead? The server isnt online, noone reached 60 yet, tons of stuff could happen, etc. I do remeber the same situation being a thing at Retail WoW's launch and most guild that tried to get startet so early on failed miserably from what ive seen, especially those coming from other mmos with experience, plans and sh*t. Isn't it smarter to actually wait and see if the server will be playable overall? Or atleast wait for the release date to come out? Not hatin, just being realistic here. And isnt it like really hard to see what a recruit is capable of just by what he writes in his application? Or are these guild really already stuffed up with commonly known private server heroes that are 100% reaching 60 AND will be able to raid even further after that? I just looked briefly over a few guild websites promoted in the forums, and am by no means looking for raid spot somewhere at the moment but the fact that others already do got me really curious.

3. How is this Kronos gonna do better than those before it?
From what ive heard those were not as populated being Czech and not as well promoted as the current one while already having a decent blizzlike and bugfree level of development so they were shut down by community demand. First of all, people keep saying being shut down by the community is better than Twinstar cancelling the project from their side. How? Isnt it far worse if the community doesnt want a server to exist anymore, even more so since it happened two times.
I realize the hype about K3 is bigger and its probably gonna be better but is there anything else that can assure me that this wont just be step 3 in a 5 step program to build a community or doing a trial and error with server setups?

4. How is the whole Czech part influencing the server if at all, will it devide the server or push it in a general direction?
Now dont get me wrong here i dont mind Twinstar exist on Czech bases as i personally dont have any bad experiences with Czech players, or players from other countries at all, or Czech people in general - really, ive never met one in my life - but some comments around and about the project got me curious. If Kronos wasnt international previously will that in any way affect the new one? Im guessing it wont really tear the server apart but is it that easy to jump from one nationality and a core community to international standards without any flaws/sacrifices?

5. In what way is Kronos playerbase gonna be pushed back in numbers by the time passing in development and other events during that period?
While getting to know Kronos better i found out that another private server is almost ready to go - surely most know which one I mean, i just cant remember if its generally allowed to write its cursed name out :D - that some people pictured as promising as this one and as a big competition in forms of who-ever-releases-first-wins-yay. How is stuff like this, the continuing progress at the edge of the release that drives a lot of people mad and more and more teasers how great this server is gonna be, affect the community? How long will it be able to substain a growing community? What if the hype builds up to great and Kronos cant live up to the expactations? What if Kronos fails? Will they try again? So many questions :D

6. Why should I REALLY play here?
I like WoW, its vanilla part, private servers, online communities and most of all how promising this server looks but im also busy IRL, established on other private servers and retail occasionally and ive still got this thought in my mind that Kronos might just be one of many. Id just like to hear some personal opinions why this server is going to be good and worth to play. Not facts, i can read those up on my own :D

I think that covers it for now, thanks if you took the time reading and/or answering and sorry for the wall of text :D Also im tired and hungry now.

Cheers

Some of these questions are ridiculous and the whole post reads more like ranting than anything else, honestly.

Sorry if you got that impression, really wasnt my intention at all. :D I do mean what I said tho, I just want to get to know Kronos a bit better past the point from what ive seen so far. I hope this isnt how everyone feels about it.

1) You cant stop people from spam on other server,expecially if they played a lot on them and got bored

2) If you never tried K2 is pointless ,anyway you can check how basic mechanic work ,and you know they are important as fuck , BASIC

3) Finally chero is bit less retarded and it seems advertise is doing a big job
4) Dont think it will be full of cz ,mostly eu/usa player

5) I think Nostarus release will be a problem not as much as real competitor as blizzlike realm but just because some people will go play on it and so making population lower

6) i tried K2 after a long time playing on feenix/rebirth/insert random 1.12 server ,mostly because i just play 1.12 wow, and i was very impressed on how good the server was.

And yes i have a test account even if im not a tester ,it look very very good i really hope it get popular for enjoy vanilla one last time

For good reasons I can't answer all of your questions, but I'll do the best I can.

1. What's up with the server advertising on other vanilla projects?
The advertising on other servers is just people eager to spread the word about the server, trying to create more interest towards the project. Certainly nothing organised (which would be a waste of time as well).

2. Why are there already established guilds with filled rosters and tight raiding schedules promoting themselves as if they already exist ingame?
Lots of the guilds already made are the old guilds of Kronos 2, so it makes sense for people who previously played together to get together again. And seeing as pretty much everyone in these guilds have played Vanilla before extensively you can plan ahead, unlike when the game first launched. A lot of it is also to do with people being eager to have someone to play with, I think.

3. How is this Kronos gonna do better than those before it?
Like you said yourself there's a lot more interest, and a huge player-base already. The coding of the server will be top-quality as well as Chero who is the main developer is hugely talented. Of course there are no guarantees but there really is no reason why this server shouldn't be able to continue for a long, long time. That is the goal of the development team as well.

4. How is the whole Czech part influencing the server if at all, will it devide the server or push it in a general direction?
I don't think it will influence things a lot, if at all. There has been discussions about this before and English will be the main language on the server. No need to fear that the general- or trade-chat will be in Czech or stuff like that.

5. In what way is Kronos playerbase gonna be pushed back in numbers by the time passing in development and other events during that period?
Of course I can imagine a lot of people will be checking out Nostalrius in the wait for Kronos, but for me Kronos seems the superior server coding-wise, bug-wise, content-wise - pretty much in every area. I'm a lot more confident in Kronos' ability to protect themselves from external attacks (DDOS) than I would be in Nostalrius too.

6. Why should I REALLY play here?
Everyone prefers different things, but I can tell you why I'll be playing here. I love Vanilla WoW and I want the best possible server to play on, and I'm really confident in Kronos being that server. Waiting a bit longer isn't really a dealbreaker for me. On top of that I'm really excited to be part of a completely fresh server, especially one with as great a community as I've found this to be.

Hope this gave you a few answers, and I hope you'll enjoy your 'stay' here!

Best way to find out about a server yourself is to stick around and be part of the community, even if you don't have that much time it only takes 5-10 minutes to read a few posts. I do so with a few vanilla communities, and I find myself with less time everyday. Expecting someone to answer all your concerns in a fair and unbiased manner won't provide you with the answers you would like.

I will try my best, since it looks like you put a good amount of effort into your post and have some genuine concerns.

1. There are 3 types of advertisements that you will see from ANY server/guild/community whether you like it or not. The first is the dev team/leadership advertisements. If we take Kronos for example, these advertisements will include showcase videos, facebook pages updates, blog updates etc. Second is community led adverts, if you look on the forum, one example of this is the up-voting of specific youtube comments. The third type is solo advertising. A person who takes it upon them self to create a random account and spam other forums/servers/reddit pages etc. You will find these types of people anywhere. Whether the community that person is part of likes it or not.

If you look about, the general consensus on advertising here at Kronos is word-of-mouth. There is no better advertising then having your friend say "Hey look what I found". The community here tries to shout down anyone who promotes 'in your face' advertisements because everyone knows how bothersome they can be. Those types of adverts cause more harm then good, as you have clearly stated.

2. This is kind of a silly question. The simple answer to this is that people are excited. We are excited for this server. We are a community. Kronos brings together like-minded vanilla players. Those players then create smaller communities within this forum. AUS communities, US communities, RP communities. We are here to make new friends, to share the journey with people that share the same passions, in the same way, to create adventures with. One way to do that is through the creation of a guild. So what if the game isn't out yet? I have been part of guilds that span more then one game, some games weren't even released yet. It was an excuse to go to a place that can guarantee some talk on a game I enjoy. If you don't like it you don't have to be a part of it. Stop shining a bad light on other peoples fun.

3. Kronos has been out of commission for a while now. Do you think the dev team has been sitting idle, twiddling their thumbs? Of course not, take a look at the bug tracker. New bugs are being found and fixed everyday, every hour. Thats one way this server is going to be better. Another way? The community. This has been flagged as an international server. That doesn't mean CZ with a few different languages. That means English, no other language will be used in public. Kronos has done so well on advertising it has attracted players from all around. Sure there are a good number of CZ players. But there are more people of different nationalities then ever before, so many in fact that it shadows the CZ player numbers. So you can safely assume a good solid international population. Just look at all the views on the youtube videos, the facebook page, and the amount of posts on this forum.

4. Most of this was answered above. If you look at the bugtracker back in 2012. It is pretty much all CZ, that was changed loooong ago. It has been made abundantly clear that this is a strict English-Speaking community. The general direction this server will take will be whatever is best for the server. That is it. I am sure a dev or community manager can back that claim up and answer this question better.

5. There are LOADS of private servers out there atm. There are a few decent ones as well. There are always going to be people who will switch back and forth between servers. If Nos will be released at the same standard Kronos promises to be (we are just taking the Kronos team's word atm). Then that isn't a bad thing at all. Actually its fantastic, to have another private server striving for a quality experience can only be good for the vanilla community as a whole. Everyone has their preferences. Nos is doing some things different then Kronos is...and that isn't a bad thing either, I am not writing this to win you over. Its up to you to get a feel for the community and where you belong. See what all the servers are offering and get a feel for them. You say you don't have much time but I bet it took you a good while to write that essay.

6. Like I said, we have no obligations to win you over. You can see for yourself the kind of quality experience Kronos is offering. Nos promises a similar thing...so does Vengeance to an extent and even Rebirth. You have to explore and get a feel for the place. Then choose. If its here...Welcome! We are Happy to have You, please check our guild page to find more like-minded people and new friends! If not then I wish you the best of luck wherever your journey takes you.

Last edited:
Edit: Damn it! I'm too slow :laugh:

*sigh* I'll try to answer your questions:

1. Kronos team cares only about "fair" advertisement. All the stuff on the other projects is community iniciative.. Some of it better (whispering and chatting with people) and some of it worse (general/world chat spam, etc..)

2. It's their problem. It happens allways when new mmo (server) launches and It's not allways failure. I for one, was in GW2 guild and this guild still exist even through I have left. It's again, community affair and Dev team does not interfere.

3. As sayed elsewhere, first kronos was CZ/SK project and it did not succeed because of lack of interest from CZ/SK community. Then it got relaunched with international support, yet still, the lack of advertisement and vanilla community belief that feenix will be better caused lack of population once again.
This iteration, however, have a lot better advertisement, full international support (and no CZ/SK at all). Number of views on youtube, likes on FB and traffic on forums indicate, that it will be success this time. Server is (and was) well scripted so population is the only thing needed.
And why it's better that previous iterations were shut down because of community demand? We have tryed many ways to increase population, and make server realy alive, but then we realised, that 90% of players that joined the server left in cca 3 weeks just because of low population and so the only way to make server alive was restart with better advertisement. Most of recent active players are still there, waiting for release, so it's not true that we don't want this server running, but we want it alive, populated as it deserve.

4. This time, not at all. There will be no support specialy for cz/sk players. The only advantage they have is, that twinstar main page is in czech as well as english, bust Kronos main page/forums/ingame announcements will be only in english. Also communication with players will be english only.

5. This one i can't answer. It's everyone personal thing, how he/she is going to react. But I'm sure, that Kronos team will do everything to make server as successful as it can be.

6. I have played on Archaica, feenix, molten, Kronos and recently vengeance servers and from all those, Kronos is far the best I've met. Things that convinced me about this were:
- Server is realy stable
- Fixes are deployed only when someone can take care of consequences and if server becomes unstable, then fix is maded in 30 minutes. And if it's not so easy to fix, then stable version is loaded back untill bugs in new one are fixed. And if server gets stuck, there is allways someone who can restart it on IRC.
- Content is on very high level. I was blown up by BWL, suppression room especialy (i have never seen it working on pserver). Also many quests and events are well scripted.
- Bug reports - If you make good bug report (with proofs and all the stuff), it's usualy quickly fixed.
Those are only few points that are important for myself and why i will play here and nowhere else.

I hope that i have answered your questions enough.

Last edited:
1. Przechwytywanie.JPG (i'm sorry, i won't let you admire my beautiful profile picture, have a goose instead)

2. Such organizing was always there and will be. I guess some guilds will develop some won't, why bother? And i suppose it's a nice way to kill time.

3. I think it was all about reseting whole server, community encouraged character wipe so you could get a hype with 3rd Kronos release, which i think, was a good call. Just think on which server would you prefer to start playing, with geared 60s or new characters, new economy, new everything.

4. I don't think so. Generalizing nations is bad in itself. There are good and bad players everywhere. And i think Czech people who played on K1 and K2 will be more than happy to welcome bigger community.

5. I honestly don't know. I think both servers have negative influence on each other.

6. What i like in Kronos is that they are not afraid to change things a little bit. 10g cap respec is a genius move. 10-59 innkeeper queues would be awesome as well. I also feel a little bit safer investing my time here with a bigger project (Twinstar) that overlooks this server. I defenitly had something else, can't remember atm but i talked to few people who played on K2 and they confirmed my hopes that it can be THE vanilla server.

1. Probably some Twinstar fanboys, yes. I hate this kind of advertising and propaganda. Many reasonable players will most likely hate the srvr instead of going to play here... just because of jerks like these spamming everywhere. It's indecent and it's stupid.

2. They want to form the core of the guild asap, there is nothing wrong about that. They have time now to talk with ppl, check candidates and see if they're active and valuable for the group.

Beside that, the most of the hardcore players and experienced guys can be easily found just here, on the forum. And every guild master wants those veterans. Once the srvr is opened it will be harder to get ppl with brain to support your ranks.

3. The srvr wasn't shut down by cummunity demand. It was shut down because there wasn't enough players and Kronos team decided to restart it. The community was actually pretty pissed, because those guys gave it a lot of time and they were trying hard to give Kronos the player base it deserves. But then we've accepted the decision because, judging now, it's been clearly the best solution.

Old Kronos was populated mostly by czech players, but you know it's a small country, too small to gather enough players for vanilla srvr. It was decided that the srvr will be international from the beggining this time. The team has also promised to arrange a better advertisement to lure more ppl from other countries which has been fulfilled IMO.

4. As I have mentioned, the czech base is not big enough to divide the community in any way. There will be czech guild (probably on both sides this time) but much more of international ones so it won't affect anything.
Also, there is probably no czech player without at least the basic knowledge of english. The education is not bad in this country at all. We can study at the university for free for example which is not possible in America, I guess (correct me if I'm wrong). So there is a great support of education by state and EU.

5. I think it is allowed. Kronos has nothing to hide or to be ashamed of. I can't really compare with Nostalrius because I don't care about it at all. I've experienced the quality of Kronos and I wouldn't play elsewhere so I have no dilemma. I'm just glad it's a fair competition without dirty tricks and low blows. I like fair play with honor and shiits... which is kinda weird actually because I love being a deceitful rogue in the game :shifty:

6. I can't imagine the way you could possibly play on Kronos and still have time to play on another srvr and retail :lol: Even though I study at the university, I don't have enough time for vanilla. It's so time consuming and hard-core...

Why you should play here? I play here because I love vanilla and this srvr has been the best one that I've ever found... and I've tried many of them.

But there is no point in praising Kronos here, the only and the ultimate test is always the own experience and that's something what none of us can provide :winkiss:

To the 6th question. Kronos is just good, too many great videos, too many people say that even the previous Kronos was very good. If you love Vanilla, that's the reason to play here.

Kronos will most likely be the best Vanilla server, because:
Kronos will most likely be
1) better than Feenix because Feenix is sooo buggy and laggy you can't imagine if you haven't tried...
2) better than Valkyrie and Rebirth because Kronos is more popular even now
3) and even now is more popular than... oh shit, I just made a comment where I've sworn not to talk about that overestimated server anymore. But you're free to talk about it, there's no censorship.

Aaand, for other questions, very shortly:
1) Admins can't do anything to prevent future players from doing shit.
2) Hype.
3) Advertisement, popularity, hype.
4) No, check the geography poll, there won't be too many Czech.
5) No one knows (obviously), IMHO we'll have several hundreds of stable online and will enjoy every aspect of Vanilla for several years. Not thousands, because Vanilla is not popular enough and, what's more important - quality isn't as attractive as one may except. But everything will be good enough :)

Not thousands, because Vanilla is not popular enough and, what's more important - quality isn't as attractive as one may except. But everything will be good enough :)
Are you sure about that one mate? I think vanilla WoW with kronos will become seriously popular... the "next gen" private server which will have 99% of stuff working and will get almost genuine experience (hoping so hard for that because i want to relive my childhood of vanilla) :)

Are you sure about that one mate? I think vanilla WoW with kronos will become seriously popular... the "next gen" private server which will have 99% of stuff working and will get almost genuine experience (hoping so hard for that because i want to relive my childhood of vanilla) :)

That would be great, but we thought the same thing about Archaica, K1 and K2. They've ended up closed from lack of ppl. I can only hope the hype is real this time.

The vanilla community as a whole is in the thousands. Without posting any proof I have the opinion that the entire vanilla community is made up of a good 7k players.

If Nos turns up to be a quality high-standard server, and then Kronos releases with the same or better quality. That can only attract new blood to the vanilla community as a whole...boosting the overall numbers.

Appreciated those replies very much, some things are actually clearer to me now than they were before. Sometimes you just gotta ask stupid questions and hope for some people to be kind enough to answer them. Thanks for that :D Definitly looking forward to at least trying the server as soon as its released. Until then keep up being such a well-mannerd community :D

Cheers

Namathrials?
Just curious. It seems like Kronos army invades feenix alakir to pass the time till release.

I know I'm pretty much one of the most hated players on Al'Akir, but trust me when I say. Kronos will change the way you view private servers. Its like meth. Wouldn't play anywhere else anymore. At least not this patch.

Like meth, but up for three days, forget to eat, and miss work to keep your fix going... Yeah sounds about right.

Since the Sunday teaser announcement, I cant even log my 3.3.5 warrior. I see the char select screen and think. Screw this, the shipment is on the way...

Namathrials?
Just curious. It seems like Kronos army invades feenix alakir to pass the time till release.

Yeah, thats me :D Dont really remember you that well tho, did you play a mage or something?
Got pretty boring on AA lately since i stopped pvping to keep my rank up just to eventually start ranking again - what a retarded system :D Tried ED but leveling on a realm but i kinda got demotivated by the fact that it progressed that far ahead already. Anyway, looking forward to see some familiar faces on Kronos, i know ive seen spazz and Drayen posting something around here...

The main reasons im still with Al'akir are the people, 24/7 wsg pops and the time i already invested over there. It is a great server for casually looking into vanilla WoW but the missing leveling really drains both life and the satisfaction of hitting 60 out of the game, not to mention the overall non-blizzlike environment and feenixes flaws. Also unlike other vanilla servers it has gone through several generations of guilds and people playing, they come, raid/pvp, get decent gear and leave.
Anyways, if PvP on Kronos is happening even half as much as it is on AA and i ever manage to get to 60 ill glady leave Feenix behind :D
Heal yall later.

Not a popular opinion, but alakir always was the best server for pvp. Not really high skill, but instant q pops all day err day.

Yeah on AA I initially rolled Horde but was put off by the ego freaks, plus Alliance was the population underdog, so hey more peeps to kill.

The insta queues were / are still okayish - pvp could could be better.
ie 3+ wsgs as well as AB or AV happening more than sporadically, prem vs prem does happen, but only during eu peak times.

It's a PVP PTR, nothing more. some people get a little too carried away with it lol

It's always been a shame when insta 60s get dank gear then vanish. I myself lost a ZG raptor mount 100 - 100 reroll to a druid in d1 priest gear.

So yeah it won't be as... painful to lose gear, knowing it's going to be put to use by an active player.

I do have to say though, I've seen some pretty ferocious D1's, and when I do, I point them this way.
More often than not, they already know of Kronos ahaha. It's the other 'ancients' that are too rooted in their bis collecting dust that are against the changing tides.

I've been there long enough (~5 years now?) to see the severe lack of progress, so I try to rescue the good people I've enjoyed playing with or the ones that pull off crazy stunts in BGs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom