• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Server start simulation

costy

Authorized
I would like to advice the staff to do a server start simulation prior release.
That means 2 or 3 days before the release you should do a server restart , and remove all these changes made for beta.
Also, update the in-game announcements , test if you can modify your xp rate from 1x to 0, etc.
Maybe delete all characters, i don't know. Something to prepare us for unwanted situations.
Since i can't hide my concerns if i look back at the first day of beta test.
I don't want to be a dick but i think that the open beta release was not so inspired. I would have done it days before 27th, just to deal with the problems. Also i would have put vendors with gear/items to limit some abuses.
But this is history, and so to prevent something bad i think you should consider a simulation of some sort.

I like your thinking.

Worst thing that could happen was a dev command that wasnt disabled and when admins find out there will be a rollback or purge.

The server will go down a few days before release for that stuff, don't worry. The character database aswell as the related account levels are all wiped.

NOTE: ALL CHARACTERS WILL BE WIPED AT THE END OF THE BETA. INGAME COMMANDS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR REGULAR GAME ACCOUNTS DURING THE BETA.

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/92082-Kronos-Open-Beta

=) so no wories what i know the beta will go down 10-8 days before launch could be wrong tho ^^

The real simulation aka stress-test would be very good. You can promise a tabard for those who'll participate to attract more people, because I doubt that we'll have enough players before release to test stability otherwise. Another mistake leading to crashes on release would be very bad.

And beta-changes-removal part of the test is important too: won't like to see a forgotten portal to the capital :) But this can be made internally.

Yes, stress-test one day before release is great idea. I wanted to suggest it myself. It does not have to be long, like from 7pm to 10pm CET. Just announce it and i think that at last 500 ppl will come to help. Neither I want to see release with crashes every 5 minutes.

I wrote chero some time ago a similar idea, make a levelrace/ questrace in one startarea and give the ten fastest a minor reward like some ts stars. I bet this would make alot of fun :)

Top Bottom