• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Slice and Dice in Chronometer

Phaeder

Authorized
A few days ago Slice and Dice in Chron stopped working correctly. It shows 6 seconds for each number of CPs. It was working flawlessly before. Could it be something server sided or should I totally clean my addon cache etc.?

E: So I cleaned the addons, cache etc. and the problem still exists. Makes me believe it is server sided.

Last edited:
Well as I said it was working correctly. And for everything else it is still working correctly. The only thing it times wrong is SnD.

What other addons would you reccomend for timing (mainly) SnD? I tried some other addons that were giving me errors...

I got exactly the sam issues and its game breaker for me ,cause if i cant keep track of SnD Rupture to the last second i lose dmg aka useless. All was fie till last patch then Chonometer showing SND only with 5sec kindey shot not showing at all and Rupture is same shit.I tryed all addons for 1.12.1 and i mean ALL nothing works .I even deleted wow installed it from my Retail cd download patches 1.10 1.12.0 1.12.1 and its still the same

Chronometer works pretty well UNTIL you have an ability with a multi-spell macro that's a part of its use. Then it falls flat for me.

Example. As a druid I might have a simple attack macro for early levels made up of this.

/script if not IsCurrentAction(48) then AttackTarget();end
/cast Moonfire

If I use this, it puts me into auto attack mode after checking and finding that I'm not in it (my attack button is placed on my 2nd right hand ability bar, last slot) and also casts Moonfire. The Moonfire duration WILL show up with Chronometer as there's nothing confusing it.

Now if I use the following complicated macro as a different example of two abilities capable within the same macro text...

/script if buffed('prowl') then CastSpellByName('pounce') else CastSpellByName('faerie fire (feral)()');end

What happens here is that if I am buffed with Prowl (stealthed), I'll cast my Pounce opener. And at all other times that I do not have prowl running, I will cast feral faerie fire instead. When I cast faerie fire on a target with this, the duration will not show up with chronometer because it becomes confused for some stupid reason as the source macro had more than one ability listed within it.

A small work around you can try is if you are using NatureEnemyCastbar addon. There's options for different effects sourced by your character being tracked by the castbar addon. For rogues using macros with Gouge, it's pretty darned handy.

It probably doesn't hook CastSpellByName. The only REALLY good addon for Vanilla is that Chinese one, SpellTimer. But that one doesn't have support for all spells. Though I'm sure you could add it fairly easily.

I use PowerAuras as timer. Works perfectly fine^^

UbSsgJw.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom