• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

So GM visited me in WSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
wat, davross pls

imo everything except gnomes going under horde cart is fair game

rip burn

What do you mean Sallavar? i was jumping around on horde tunnel roof and this GM told me to get down?

like shown on the screenshot

Your proof is flawed. That video was made on a private server, yes, even that early of a date. Look at the remainder of the account's posted videos. All were made on the 'bloodlust' realm. Well, Blizzard never made a Bloodlust server for either NA or EU. There WAS a Bloodlust battlegroup, so at first we might suspect the player wsa referring to the battlegroup, and not the server they were playing on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd3RmuGrPKM

The above video that the same player posted had a character wearing gear unobtainable from retail realms for the character level his toon was, and the character being played was researched to not be in any retail Armory database.

So. Footage taken from a private server using stock core (then) pathing and geometric obstacle recognition, which would have been primitive, does NOT equal what jumps could be performed on a retail server.

You're going to have to dig up proof from mid 2007 or before, OR have evidence in the video that it's retail for it to be conclusive.

Alliance is using their tunnel entrance the same way all the time in 60 BGs.(Hi Fredy) But it's not that hard jump so should be allowed imo. But yeah sure its stronk spot especially if there's priest to MC you down everytime you go there.

Well GM:s are like that in here. If they dont like what you do/say, they use their mighty powers. I was muted for 1 hour for stating _my opinion_ about that nost players coming to kronos was good thing, kronos would be "dead" without them. (Didnt talk about anything else, just that one thing. And I still stand behind my opinion, more is merrier). What I got was "BS!" in whisper and 1 hour mute before I could even whisper anything back. To me it looks like some kiddo having power over other people first time in life. Sad but true. Otherwise Kronos have been nice place.

more proof -.-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Kadr0X1ss its from retail patch 4.1 watch from 1:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4k9yuKQobY 5:10 from retail argent down server, uploaded 2008.

there is no videos as far i know from earlier expansions. But it was possible in 1.12.1, but most people like you Skosh probably didnt even know how to press spacebar.

There is a reason this jump is possible on all vanilla servers made so far.

And if this is not allowed, how can the alliance roof hiding spot be allowed.

Last edited:
not against the rules or bannable in any private server/retail wow exp ive had. most of the time its a case of GMs who don't actually play the game therefore have no real clue, since there isn't a rulebook for them when it comes to stuff like this so they make judgements on the spot. If the people running this server all agree (doubtful), then what would they want us to do, unbind spacebar?

Skosh you believe whatever you want dude. I started playing this game in 2006 and i have used this jump so many times to win BG's since, people who played the game back then would know.

And it should be proof enough that you can DO this jump on every single vanilla private server.

- - - Updated - - -

Hoping for an official answer from the GM if this is allowed or not.

Oh, I believe the jumps were possible. I played back then, when druids had to leave animal form every time you went to skin an animal. So that was around patch 1.2 or 1.3, I think.

Again, I called you out for using private server footage initially as your proof. That was sloppy. Back pedaling and making this an issue of "what I believe" and name calling to make you more right over your screw up isn't helping you be more right.

And one more time - private server cores != retail cores when it comes to geometric objects and how they're coded for player interaction in the game. All of that is custom, and mistakes are constantly made. So saying "my private server footage should be proof enough" kinda isn't proof enough to anyone that knows the differences.

I am saying that on emerald dream, nostalrius, vanillagaming and on kronos this jump is possible. Maybe if you "believe the jumps were possible." you should try and proving the jumps are possible instead of trying to ruin my proof.
The only thing you're doing is supporting Davross in taking matters into his own hands controlling the server as he pleases.

Last edited:
As someone who uses these jumps, i find this retarded. What is this? Most jumps in WSG already got blocked to satisfy those who couldn't be bothered to learn them. Sure, some of them you couldn't do unless you played a certain race and i do understand why you would be blocking those in particular but most of them can be done by any race or class so why try and get rid of them when clearly anyone can do them with a bit of know how. Kronos is a great server. Myself like many others love it and understand how hard it can be to make choices sometimes but i came to vanilla for a reason. I don't want a dumbed down version of the game. I don't care if it's blizzlike or not as long as it's an improvement. Take respec cost as an example, I don't mind that change because it IMPROVES the experience. How many people would bother to respec just to pvp if it was 50g like it's supposed to be? Not many would. Trying to block every jump isn't an improvement, in fact it makes WSG boring for me. What you're doing is dumbing down the game. In other words, ruining it. Excuse my terrible english, it is not my main language.

P.S This is just my personal opinion. I'm not here to tell you what to do, kronos devs. I'm here to express myself as someone who loves PvP for more than just the rewards it gives.

1. You are deliberately using a well known exploit that existed however just becourse of that does not mean it was right. Kronos fixed many issues the original 1.12.1 had for example in Dire Maul a boss called Hydro's was solo able for ranged classes due to bad pathing however here the pathing works.

2. Not all rules exist since day one as some might be deemed necessary later on which you still are obligated to read and know.

3. A warning is a slap on the wrist and often scares people to follow the rule however crying out to the community about it not being fair might cause it to be remembered longer.

Many exploits existed to hack or cheat like you did, blizzard might have looked the other way however kronos fixed many and otherwise watch the remaining so that you do not destroy the fun for other players by using an old exploit

While I approve of banning such jumps and stuff, I don't understand these random "last warnings" after people have been doing it for a year on this realm. If you want to ban something, make a proper announcement first so that people know not to do it anymore.

"Stay off of here" is what he was told in the screenshot. I don't see Davros specifically stating that the jump itself an exploit.

Your UI shows that the game was 36 minutes in by the time davros appeared, the alliance had captured 1 flag, horde 0.
You must have stood there long enough for someone to write a ticket, then wait for response. That's probably 15 minutes after you first got up there.

So in short, you were not doing the jump to advance to the another position. You jumped up there, and stayed there with the intention of prolonging the game while carrying the flag, thereby griefing the battleground and wasting game master ressources. Same would happen if you were carrying the 3rd flag and refused to turn in it for 30 minutes, wasting the time of everyone else in the battleground. It's not the jump itself you got reported for, it was your behavior.

I see the difference in this. I hope Davros does aswell.

Last edited:
Smoker every single person who plays BG's prolongs the game, if you fight mid and dont go for flags you prolong the game, so according to your statement every single person who pvp's actually griefs by prolonging the game, which makes zero sense.
I am trying to win and this GM is denying me to play the game how it was made. This single thing makes a big difference to how vanilla pvp was.
I understand that the server wants to be blizzlike, but please stop trying to change all the actually good things in the game like blizzard did, it ruined everything for them, that is why people stilll play vanilla, to play the old game how it was made, not to play the "perfected version".

- - - Updated - - -

and also as you can see on the screenshot i am the only horde actually fighting to win and you say im griefing HAHA. The GM should warn my team for not doing jack shit

Smoker every single person who plays BG's prolongs the game, if you fight mid and dont go for flags you prolong the game, so according to your statement every single person who pvp's actually griefs by prolonging the game, which makes zero sense.

Only 1 player is carrying the flag. If you fail to see the difference in this then theres no point arguing further. But i think theres no point arguing anyway at this point. You can have the last word if you want. Adios

This is okay, don't ban this, but rather do make it possible to jump through Alliance fence in the middle, like on all other private servers. It's the only fair thing seeing that Horde can already jump over their fence (and even walk over it all the way from graveyard to ramp) along with the jump to graveyard far east at Horde portal. I'm not complaining about those 2 Horde advantages, they are alright and should be used, just make it possible to jump through Alliance fence aswell to equalize things a bit, since Alliance doesn't have any of those.. For example, if Alliance FC gets cornered at fence he is forced to jump down to tunnel where usually one or more players awaits, while Horde one gets to chose between jumping down or over fence and pick the best option..

"Stay off of here" is what he was told in the screenshot. I don't see Davros specifically stating that the jump itself an exploit.

Your UI shows that the game was 36 minutes in by the time davros appeared, the alliance had captured 1 flag, horde 0.
You must have stood there long enough for someone to write a ticket, then wait for response. That's probably 15 minutes after you first got up there.

So in short, you were not doing the jump to advance to the another position. You jumped up there, and stayed there with the intention of prolonging the game while carrying the flag, thereby griefing the battleground and wasting game master ressources. Same would happen if you were carrying the 3rd flag and refused to turn in it for 30 minutes, wasting the time of everyone else in the battleground. It's not the jump itself you got reported for, it was your behavior.

I see the difference in this. I hope Davros does aswell.

Yeah, but the problem is that, that behavior is, and always has been a normal part of the game. As a matter of fact, I could log into retail right now, go to WSG, grab the flag and stand in that spot with impunity, or at least a few seconds before someone (who has a clue) jumps down also and kills me or forces me to jump down. Being on the roof or anywhere else in the map, that doesn't require an exploit to get to has always been fair game, and I thought that was common knowledge, but it appears I was mistaken.

The only exception I'm aware of is the wall jump to get on the roof of stables in AB, I believe that was fixed during Cata. It was considered an actual exploit because, it required that you jump on an invisible ledge to get to the roof, a ledge that wasn't obvious to other players that didn't know it was there before hand, unlike the WSG roofs. This looks like a case of an unknowledgeable GM, and I would appeal that warning, ASAP.

"Only 1 player is carrying the flag" dude the whole game WSG is based around the flags, you need to either defend the flag or go for the enemy flag to win. But i see you failed to understand the first basic thing about WSG, you're probably one of those retards running around middle farming HK's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom