• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior So what mechanics aren't blizzlike here?

Giskard

For one, I'm 99.99% sure that miss chance in retail vanilla was 5.6base+1%/mob lvl, resulting in an 8.6% miss chance against raid bosses and a 9% hit cap for specials and 2hs. However, my personal testing wearing 8% +hit gear has resulted in 0 misses over at least 1-2k attacks.

I've been working a lot of my play based on my prior knowledge of retail vanilla mechanics - which as it turns out has been suboptimal on this server. Thoughts, fellow minmaxers?

Your weapon skill? You mention 1 specific mechanic and then go on to say pretty much "mechanics are wrong on kronos".

My experience with Kronos is that it's the most accurate server to date as far as class and core mechanics go. Melee leeway range mechanic, binary/non-binary resists and more

i think the distance a mob chases you after it has been triggered is (10-20%) too low on kronos. maybe anyone wants to investiage this.

a global mechanic thats not blizzlike on purpose is the line of sight for certain things, so e.g. trees do block it

regarding your hit assumption: i think youre right. it was close to 9% hit you required. however, +weaponskill and such things also higher your hit chance. so maybe youve got +8% hit plus +weaponskills (talents, racial, items)? if not, calculation is possibly wrong and should be investigated/reported as bug

For one, I'm 99.99% sure that miss chance in retail vanilla was 5.6base+1%/mob lvl, resulting in an 8.6% miss chance against raid bosses and a 9% hit cap for specials and 2hs. However, my personal testing wearing 8% +hit gear has resulted in 0 misses over at least 1-2k attacks.

I've been working a lot of my play based on my prior knowledge of retail vanilla mechanics - which as it turns out has been suboptimal on this server. Thoughts, fellow minmaxers?

I'm 99% sure that no one other than the Blizzard devs knows exactly what the hit formula during vanilla was.
Since the players were never told directly what the formula was, there were multiple proposals by the community but sadly there was never any extensive testing until TBC, when people finally settled on a single formula. This TBC formula is what's used by most TBC and Vanilla servers.

However, Kronos is using the Baeza formula for some reason, which was proven invalid back during vanilla.
This was posted by Chero on the IRC back in Feb.

[00:14] [Chero]: if (pVictim->IsPlayer())
[00:14] [Chero]: fHitChance = 95.0f + iSkillDiff * 0.04f;
[00:14] [Chero]: else if (iSkillDiff < -10)
[00:14] [Chero]: fHitChance = 95.0f + iSkillDiff * 0.2f;
[00:14] [Chero]: else
[00:14] [Chero]: fHitChance = 95.0f + iSkillDiff * 0.1f;

Following this formula the hit cap vs level 63 is exactly 8%.

Last edited:
Top Bottom