• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Start attack macro problem

dsquidvicious

Authorized
Hey everyone,

Recently i started playing warrior and i was using a start attack macro like this:

/run if not IsCurrentAction(2) then UseAction(2) end;
/run CastSpellByName("Sunder Armor")

It was working but then i decided to change the location of auto-attack from my main bar to my bottom left hand bar (the number is 62 in this case) and changed my macro to accommodate this number (E.g. UseAction (62)). When i changed this number i now encountered stack overflow errors and the macro no longer works. The worst part is when i changed the macro back to using action slot "2" even that number doesn't work anymore.

Could anyone give me some guidance on this?

Thank you

/script if not IsCurrentAction(2) then UseAction(2) end
/cast Sunder Armor

Action Bars in different stances/forms have their own action button indexes. Second action button in prot stance is not action button number 2 in wow api. To get attack on action slot 2 try using this command:

/run x=1; while GetSpellName(x, BOOKTYPE_SPELL) do if GetSpellName(x, BOOKTYPE_SPELL)=="Attack" then PickupSpell(x, BOOKTYPE_SPELL); PickupAction(2); ClearCursor(); break end x=x+1 end

Last edited:
Hey thank you so much for the response. I think it is a problem with me and not the macros because i cant get this one working either lol :whistling:

Do i need to make any changes to this line of code or i guess maybe a general question: how do i use this?

THank you!

/cast command is not available in vanilla default api, /use CastSpellByName(spell) is correct. Try disable all your addons to see if it helps.

Ahhh I forgot all about these macros. So glad I stumbled upon this thread.
And here I've just been right clicking mobs.:crying:

Gonna try em out when I get home. Thanks for posting.

By the way, your macro was for sunder armor, i suggest not using it as Sunder armor macros(especially spamming them) will give you thousands upon thousand of negative threat in KTM(because its incapable of realizing Sunder was cast, it doesnt show up in combat log like our other spells), i suggest using a line such as

/script KLHTM_Sunder()

instead of the usual /cast <spellname>

i hope this helps <3

Last edited:
Was having trouble getting auto attack going with ability macros.
Say I put the attack button on the = key, what would be the macro for Heroic Strike?

I suggest not putting attack action on one of the stance bars, find the number of the slot through this link

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/ActionSlot

This is my Heroic Strike macro

/script if not IsCurrentAction(49) then UseAction(49) end;
/cast Heroic Strike(Rank 8)

replace my 49 with whatever button you put your attack action to.

I suggest not putting attack action on one of the stance bars, find the number of the slot through this link

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/ActionSlot

This is my Heroic Strike macro

replace my 49 with whatever button you put your attack action to.

Oh right. Good call on the stance bar.
I think on Emerald Dream I had auto attack on the last button of the 3rd or 4th action bar.

Thanks for the reply! :thumbup1:
Will give it another shot tonight.

Just wanted to pop back in here to confirm that this macro successfully starts autoattack and uses named ability:

just replace the 49 with whereever your start attack ability is on your action bars
and replace Heroic Strike(Rank 8) with whatever attack you want to use.

Thanks for posting it Jahreno

What is the purpose of these macros? If you just use the Heroic Strike/Sunder Armor ability on your action bar, doesn't this start the auto attack automatically?

Only if you have the rage to use the ability. Otherwise nothing will happen.

If there's a group of mobs standing in front of you you can spam the macro and it will use the ability, start auto-attack and swap to the next mob when the current target dies.

Ah, I always just right click the health bars to target and start attacking as I find it better than just tab targets. I can be more selective of what I do especially when tanking more than just two mobs. Perhaps thats the reason a macro like this never came to my mind.

That requires you to use your mouse to target mobs which impedes your movement and control over your character. Mostly tab is also faster.

That requires you to use your mouse to target mobs which impedes your movement and control over your character. Mostly tab is also faster.

I see that point when clicking stuff on the action bar, but as my mouse cursor sits on the center of the screen anyway all the time and mobs are in the center too it's not that much of a problem. Most of the time you don't run around much when tanking anyway and if I have to I just strafe to my target to have the cursor free.
I use tab too though, kind of a mix depending on what I feel is better right now.

It's personal preference of course and unless you're doing bleeding edge raiding or serious PVP I don't think it really affects performance that much.

Personally, I use a razer naga mouse and with these macros the only clicking I do is to move the screen and my left hand mostly is just hitting WASD.
Makes for pretty efficient uptime on mobs and makes tanking a lot easier.
I don't even have to hit tab most of the time.

Hey guys sorry for hijacking the thread but I want to ask something related to attack macros.
So I wanted an autotarget + autoattack combination macro and found this:

/run if GetUnitName("target")==nil then TargetNearestEnemy() end
/run if not IsCurrentAction(25) then UseAction(25) end
Source: https://nirklars.wordpress.com/wow/vanilla-wow-macros/
Note: (25) is Attack
This SORT OF works, but if I press it twice, the autoattack stops, contrary to what the poster states. How do I countinue autoattacking if I spam the button?

Top Bottom