• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Suggested solution to PvP and consumable prices.

popopidopop

Rotate BG of the day. 3 marks of the days bg can be turned in for free choice of maybe 5x high lvl herb.

Feedback tybye.

go gather herbs and you can kill players of opposite faction there at the same time

this would also keep more PvPers playing on the server, as most of them can't be bothered to farm tons of consumables for end-game raids in order to go. would keep more guilds alive too. seems like a suggestion worth considering given the state of K1's population, but it would need to be balanced appropriately

Horseshit.

i would actually pvp if it meant getting plaguebloom, rather than having to run around felwood for 2 hours
PvP is not for this kind of people.
go gather herbs and you can kill players of opposite faction there at the same time
PvP is for this kind of people. For those who are interested in doing it, and not for those who come for awards.

On Kronos pvp clearly isn't for most kinds of people because it hardly exists. Sooooo by that rationale maybe pvp could be targeted to a different grouping (getting some of the pve crowd to que) instead of your fantastic solution which seems to be to toss shit at any of the other suggestions

Yeah, I mean, when Kronos 3 comes out lets keep out all the fun server QoL changes, but for Kronos we need to take special measures to get people to PvP

Perhaps introduce a system for queuing on the go, either through a character panel menu or a series of inventory items. I know there have been plenty of times I've been farming elemental water or riding around felwood aimlessly thinking "man a BG to break up this monotony would be awesome right now" and then you realize you would need to completely abandon farming to go wait in the que for an hour for the single bg open. It's basically either pvp or farm right now and since there's hardly much incentive or even opportunity to rank right now, farming generally wins. A que on the go system could allow people to do both at once and I think we'd see a decent amount more people willing to throw down in some battlegrounds

Yeah, I mean, when Kronos 3 comes out lets keep out all the fun server QoL changes, but for Kronos we need to take special measures to get people to PvP
Didn't they plan to merge the players from Kronos and Kronos III when Kronos TBC comes out? Those changes now will make some bad difference later on.

I know there have been plenty of times I've been farming elemental water or riding around felwood aimlessly thinking "man a BG to break up this monotony would be awesome right now" and then you realize you would need to completely abandon farming to go wait in the que for an hour for the single bg open.
[sarcasm]You really know how to get all the fun from the game![/sarcasm]
Seriously, why are you still playing, you've beaten the game already. Try a more challenging endeavour: create a character you've never played before, pick a harder game or go out! There are lots of things to 'break up this monotony'.

Vanilla World of Warcraft isn't that much about beating the game, it's more about experiencing things together as a community.

So many posts over just one person, and it's not even topic-related.
Does Kamchak...
Kamchak, on the other hand...
Thanks for the capital 'K' in my name, usually people forget it!

Vanilla World of Warcraft isn't that much about beating the game, it's more about experiencing things together as a community.
That is exact reason why there shouldn't be changes that make things easier for PvE guys.

I'll make one thing clear before more Kamchak's fans come here:
Topic:
Suggested solution to PvP and consumable prices.
Suggestion:
Rotate BG of the day. 3 marks of the days bg can be turned in for free choice of maybe 5x high lvl herb.
This suggestion has nothing to do with PvP, it is PvE suggestion.

But you have to join a battleground in order to get those high level herbs, which you can then either use as pve consumables or sell in the ah in case they're not of use. How does that have nothing to do with pvp?

But you have to join a battleground in order to get those high level herbs, which you can then either use as pve consumables or sell in the ah in case they're not of use. How does that have nothing to do with pvp?
The same way as having 30+ PvE-oriented guys in Alterac Valley who aim to finish the battle in less than five minutes. If the majority of players in a battleground do not fight, PvP will not be healthy there. And if you bring more PvE-oriented guys into battleground, they won't fight for their side, they will try to finish the battle as quickly as they can and get their awards.

Top Bottom