• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

SW Stats - Annoying reminder on every login

Aurigon

Authorized
Hey all,

I'm still learning to use this meter addon, the problem is I browsed all settings and couldn't find any option to turn off this bothersome reminder I get everytime I log ingame, a notification window suggesting me to "nuke" the timeline often as the addon is storing huge amounts of data.

How do I get rid of this (other than trashing the addon/game client)?

Thanks a lot.

I'm running that addon and ive never seen that notification. Maybe delete the addon and install a different version?

(I realize that is exactly what you said you didn't want to have to do).

the notification was added with version 2.0 to the english (neutral) version and later to the french, german, chinese versions and is relatively simple to remove.

Delete line 348-355 in "Neutral.lua"
Code:
StaticPopupDialogs["SW_Mem_Warning"] = {	text = "SW Stats is storing a large amount of data. Be sure to nuke your data from time to time.\r\n (There is a button to do this in the timeline)",
	button1 = OKAY,

timeout = 0,
	whileDead = 1,
	hideOnEscape = 1,
};

note: your thread/posts icon shows that you are angry but i really cannot see a reason to be mad over a free addon :smile:

The reason they added this reminder is becourse the wow client will crash/shutdown when it reaches the max amount of ram stated under addons in the config.wtf so even if this popup is removed you still need to wipe it every now & then since it is on 24/7 while online and keeps gathering & saving untill wiped :wink:

Thanks both. Yes Cr0w, that's what I did on my own (searching few keywords in the .lua files) until I found those lines and removed them. That sorted it.

I picked that icon since it was the only one expressing displeasure... it's just an icon, didn't mean I was gonna kill my family nor myself :tongue:

By the way, what if I keep the checkbox under the main SW Stats window unchecked (the one to pause data collection)? The addon shouldn't be recording anything in that case, correct? Or will it, and I still need to nuke data every now and then?

that addon in particular runs 24/7 unless disabled :)

in my recommended package theres an addon to enable/disable addons ingame without relogging :wink:

i dont know so much about that addon yet only the basics since i havent worked much in it :)
i just opened it as i saw someone had an issue and i wished to help :wink:

I would also recommend using "Warmup" which is also in the recommended package :wink:

It lets you call forth a window that display's how much memory the different addons use & loading time, it can often be helpful to identify addons that cause long loading screens, crashes or similar as they might be collecting too much data.

The addon in itself consumes close to nothingness as it is only active when called for and only calls information the client has but has hidden :smile:

Top Bottom