• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Thrown off the ships bug - can that be fixed?

Kaelthon

Authorized
Hi there.

I'm new here.
I saw on several other private servers that when you take one of the ships, you fall into the water immediately after changing continents. You then die - after a short time having your fatigue meter emptied. This gets extremely frustrating when it happens and a detriment to the gaming experience. (Because you really need to take a ship now and then.)

Rumor has it that it's a mac exclusive bug, and that it was there in retail at the time as well. Though i have heard PC users complain about the bug as well.

I was wondering if there's anyway that it can be fixed on Kronos? Maybe scripting the ships differently or something...

I don't know the exact details. But according to this thread on bugtracker: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=1026, there is still and issue but you don't die. It is an old thread so i am not sure if it has yet been fixed or not

I think that travelling on zeppelins and ships are dealt with on the server side and not on the client side. So my estimate is that the issue has nothing to do with what client you are using.

I am far from an expert so you might want to wait for another confirmation to clear any doubt.

Last edited:
Yea, i am aware of that bug as well, but according to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVn4GdqBhTA#t=50, that has now been fixed on Kronos:smile:
The bug i am referring to is a lesser-known bug supposedly only happening for people with Mac Clients, but as you say traveling on ships and zeppelins are dealt with on the server side and not client side, which makes me wonder why it only happens for people with Mac (almost)..

To give a little more detail into the bug:
After the ship has sailed out into the sea and the loading screen for changing continents appear (the one with the map and the dots and crosses) your character takes a longer time to load up than the ship, which results in your character loading in the middle of the air, followed by either immediate death (zeppelin) or death by fatigue (ship).

EDIT: I rarely play Horde so i didn't actually know that the bug also happens on zeppelin, but obviously it does which narrows the bug down to that loading screen

Last edited:
The video you linked was about client crashes that happen during boat trips while you are inside a party. If two or more members of the same party or raid travel along side on a boat there is a high chance for the clients to crash after the loading screen.

Like someone pointed out already the bug that makes you fall from the boat or zeppeling is in almost all cases related to MAC only.
We try to solve this issue. Maybe not till launch. To work arround it you can log out before the loading screen and log back in after a few seconds.

The video you linked was about client crashes that happen during boat trips while you are inside a party. If two or more members of the same party or raid travel along side on a boat there is a high chance for the clients to crash after the loading screen..

Yes, exactly. I haven't experienced that bug myself though, but i've heard about it many times. But anyway this bug is a completely different matter.

Like someone pointed out already the bug that makes you fall from the boat or zeppeling is in almost all cases related to MAC only.

Again, it makes me wonder why that is the case - the problem, as i can see it, is that the character loads too slowly after the Change Continents load screen and therefore ends up in the air because the ship has sailed past.
I am wondering if you could speed that load time up, or maybe slow the ship down so that you stay on it. Anyway that workaround you mentioned seems like a great solution. I will try that to see if it helps.

Last edited:
I'll quote myself from another thread. This of course only applies to the Mac client.

While you currently do not get dropped off of Boats, you still fall off of Zeppelins. We are aware of this issue and will most likely fix this before release.

This is still the current situation.

A friend of mine tries to stand at the very front of the ship or zeppelin. Most of the times he got lucky and only fell into the belly of the ship or zep.
The problem is that the boat is rendered too late. At least from what I've seen. Its been discussed already in another thread and as it seems there is no reliable fix.

This happens on emeralddream, but not very often.

It seems avoiding alt-tabbing circumvents this, at least i fared well that way.

The video you linked was about client crashes that happen during boat trips while you are inside a party. If two or more members of the same party or raid travel along side on a boat there is a high chance for the clients to crash after the loading screen.

We try to solve this issue. Maybe not till launch. To work arround it you can log out before the loading screen and log back in after a few seconds.

I tried using your solution, but sadly to no avail - i STILL end up in the air after i log back in and fall to my death.. :(

Try staying offline for a bit longer. 30 secs to a minute.
Your characters position is stored on the ship. If you log back in when its arrived at the peer you should be fine.
If you log back in while its still moving you may fall off of it.

Precisely! That is exactly what's happening for me, and i am not even in a party. Funny thing, i don't recall it happening for me at the time in retail..

But anyway - it's like the character's position is stored in the air in the middle of the sea every time i change continents. I've been reenacting it a lot, and i can see that it's the EXACT SAME position EVERY TIME that i use a boat, say from Auberdine to Menethil, it stores and reloads my character in a specific spot away from the boat. And it doesn't help relogging back in, because i will just load in that spot, regardless of how long i've been offline.

Precisely! That is exactly what's happening for me, and i am not even in a party. Funny thing, i don't recall it happening for me at the time in retail..

But anyway - it's like the character's position is stored in the air in the middle of the sea every time i change continents. I've been reenacting it a lot, and i can see that it's the EXACT SAME position EVERY TIME that i use a boat, say from Auberdine to Menethil, it stores and reloads my character in a specific spot away from the boat. And it doesn't help relogging back in, because i will just load in that spot, regardless of how long i've been offline.

Then there seems to be only one solution...

#WindowsMasterRace.

ONE OF US!

Time to convert.

*yawn*.. if that is the only thing you can come up with, i'm not impressed. Better not write anything then.

Surely you must know, that people aren't gonna change OS just for a single game. There's many a reason for my choice in computer. And i can't really see what it really has to do with this.
I already pointed out where the issue lies...
Anyway, i just have to wait and see how things are going to be on Kronos, and until then i have to take Zarquons words for the situation.

Last edited:
It was a joke...I do not expect anyone to change OS because of a minor bug, however annoying it is...I had hoped thats what made the joke funny

I chuckled to myself anyway :(

It was a joke...I do not expect anyone to change OS because of a minor bug, however annoying it is...I had hoped thats what made the joke funny

I chuckled to myself anyway :(

Well I blew more air out of my nose than usual if that makes you feel better ;)

Oh it was a joke was it ! Sorry i snapped. I'm getting used to those "macs are shit, get a windows"-responses, so i didn't really register the irony in your comment :crying::crying:

Hahaha, no worries. One of my best mates is a Mac user, and I get to hear all the grief he endures from other people that have never used the iOS but hate it regardless. So your response was a little bit expected and warranted :p.

Top Bottom