• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Tracking color problem (Hunters and Druids)

Riki

Hello,
I recently tested this problem with two classes in game who can do tracking and in most servers found same situation.
I hope Kronos as newest and probably most advanced can fix this tracking color problem.

Lets explain issue in all details:

So if we playing Hunter or Druid on certain level we got tracking ability to see on minimap different kind of mobs/players around us.
By testing on few servers I noticed that all tracking dots on minimap have completely same look, they are all red no matter if around us mobs/players are friendly or hostile.

Dots are red inside with tiny yellow circle around what in official game was look for hostile NPCs.
There is absolutely no difference between NPCs and players in minimap, in official WoW players used to have a bit darked red color with white tiny circle.

For classes who can tracking this is problematic because with tracking turned on we all time got feeling to be surrounded by enemies, even in our main cities.

To be like was in official game we need to have:
- Hostile NPCs - Red dots with tiny yellow circle
- Hostile players - Slightly darker red dots with tiny white circle
- Neutrals - Yellow dots
- Friendly NPCs - Green dots with tiny yellow circle
- Friendly players - Slightly darker green dots with tiny white circle

I really hope Kronos' developers can fix in some way this problem, that will help alot players with tracking abilities.
Thanks in advance!

Not a bug.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Minimap

Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): New color blips were added for more user friendly tracking.

PS: What you were probably talking about was this:
OBJECTICONS.png

As you can see, the outline is different. You can also see the other minimap icons that came with higher expansions. Feel free to extract Objecticons.blp from your wow data files to explore vanilla version, but I'm pretty sure you won't find your multiple colors there either.

Last edited:
Before all thank you for quick reply:)

Yes you are right, in the patch 2.3.0 Blizzard added to upper left side of minimap additional options to track more NPCs (I think was various vendors, repairs, innkeepers, mailboxes etc).

I played so lont in Vanilla and BC and from today's point of view is hard to belive that we got for entire Vanilla and for half of BC expansion full unicolor for all tracked object, same red dot for friends and enemies, players and NPCs...

Sadly but is really true even I had a false feeling they fixed colors in the first few months of Vanilla with friendly green targets.

I fould few of my old screenshots where there is no difference between friendly and hostile dots on minimap, so you are completely right.

After so many years with green and red colors I just forgot how was once and now just need some time to get habit:)

Last edited:
Maybe is a good suggestion that they change this just to separate friendly from foe (green and red)? What do you think?

Top Bottom