• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Transfer From Another Private Realm Provider

Don't know the history of it all
Well, I do. I am addicted to this game since years and tried out every server even is it seems ultra shit. After I left my current server I was looking for an alternative, which I found in Nostalrius. That was over a 1,5 years back. At that time the server was 1x rates, but with the option to skip directly to 60 with starting gear.
Server seemed better then feenix and was therefore a pretty solid option to play on.
Few weeks later I heard that Chero will try to take Kronos to another level and here I am again :tongue:

Nostalrius is just as much a relaunch due to populatin problems.

Ya know, if people would quit using population as a crutch/excuse for not coming over, it would be higher. Fact is the population is OK and is only getting better.

The thing is most people don't see it as a crutch, as the population and scripting are the two most important parts of the private server. One cannot exist without the other.

The thing is most people don't see it as a crutch, as the population and scripting are the two most important parts of the private server. One cannot exist without the other.

I totally agree that population and scripting are the top two needs. That being said, those who are not playing on the server and complain the pop is too low is a pure b.s excuse. The population is fine. Yes, more players would make it better but the pop is fine for getting things done. If every non kronos player who complained that they'd be here if we had a higher pop actually started playing as it, the server's pop would be a hell of a lot bigger by now. The excuses need to end somewhere as there's no basis for them.

Ya know, if people would quit using population as a crutch/excuse for not coming over, it would be higher. Fact is the population is OK and is only getting better.

Fact of the matter is that the population is NOT ok nor fine, perhaps it is at 55+ - when you're more or less eligible to do all end-game dungeons, but from 35 and onwards (now 45) the possibility to find groups for dungeons and elite quests is pretty damn abyssmal. Not saying that it is impossible, but it is far from enjoyable and far from being 'ok' or I don't know, maybe I just play at weird times (however, highly unlikely considering the times I play), usually an hour or two between 7:00-9:00 CET and then after 19:00 CET for a couple of hours, a couple of days per week.

While I did switch from Nostalrius to Kronos, due to getting so damn turned off by the delays that they had a couple of months back, it isn't particularly fun to go through the same damn content again - within such a short period of time and no it doesn't become a much more fun experience just because random quest X is 0.1% closer to how it was at retail compared to that other server (slight exaggeration).

Not that I am advocating transfers, although it would be feasible with alterations (as suggested) to the transfered characters and the deletion of the original character. But the poor population at lower (well up to mid 40 so far) makes for a rather hard decision whether to reroll here or stay there (or wait for that PvE server to roll out).

And I can obviously just speak for myself and how I have experienced these past 44 levels.

Last edited:
i have experience little bit too, my 0.02$:
- played on old version of Kronos (K1, K2, now we have K3) years ago, when these days was problem with population (i think peak was 100ppl on each side, ussualy less), there was a option to obtain a new character 60lvl with green/blue gear IF you have another 60 main - it was called "character for your friend", which should started play as a new player...
i dont think that this brings some people, peak was still same, people only had opportunity to switch "alts" (you know - these chars for newcomers)

ok, this was history, be sure that all of these ideas which you all wrote in this thread were discused years ago, really dejavu for me now...

after this option, GMs developed auction bot (on K2 i think), which buy/sell all stuff in AH, i remember that i bought about stack arcane crystals for 50g and again sold this for twice maybe more... so imagine...

please, hear me: nothing good will happens after transfers naked 60char... imagine it please, deeply think about it! you get new char on other server, login there and what "no guildies here, no people here, OMG i want 7k online, why i see 500?"... leaving game

yesterday i login to nostalrius - i had low char here (28lvl dps/heal) i want to visit Gnomeregan, for maybe 1-2hours i wasnt able to complete a group of 5ppl (noone interested)... i tried another instance (BFD), one player was interested... there was 3500ppl online (both), i tried all channels world, general, trade in IF...

so i switched servers and login to my 13horde warrior, it was waste of time finding group for ragefire chasm... there were about 150people on horde

so this is my experience, i wont new people which will have new 60naked (or something) chars, i want new people which want to play here from level 1, i want visit ragefire chasm with my warrior, its about this: play whole game, not 60lvl

my main isnt still 60. i have 57 paladin here on Kronos and last levels i have really problems to find group for 5mans becouse: oh man you arent 60? so you will take agro, we want run through whole instance and avoid agro trash...

i understand that we have RL, we have another interests, "facebook, vkontakte" etc. but i dont play this game aka reach 60lvl and after that go instances/pvp, and i think im not alone

sorry for my english

The population isn't so much a crutch as a point of worry. If a server doesn't have the population to support it's continued development. The devs just close it down.

....so now I've wasted my time, and likely missed out on the one event I want to experience, the AQ War Effort+Gate Event, on another server.

NOTE: I don't mind leveling solo, in fact, I'm a soloer at heart. I want to drop into a dungeon, get it done, and then leave the party. So skipping all the lower dungeons and groups quests is fine by me. My concern is the longevity.

In my opinion, transfers are not necessary. Why people want character transfer? Because they don't want to level again OR they don't want to level alone.
For the first reason, there is no good solution. The second one we can solve with "attracting" players in groups. I'm sure, that if we can recreate the enviroment that was there at launch (a lot of low level characters leveling together), even those tired by leveling will join.

And how to achieve that? Well, we need an Announced event, that will give them some temporary benefit. Increased xp rate weekend is the firtst thing, that comes to the mind. It's oportunity to level up faster and it will be there only for limited time so anyone that would like to try Kronos will go for it and it will flood low level locations with new players again.

But I'm convinced, that we don't need higher xprate. We can solve it on our own. We can make our own weekend event where our high level characters will be availible for newcomers to help them with quests, dungeons, give them some gold, answer their questions, etc... The only thing we need is to agree on one weekend and convince GMs to announce it on webpage/forum/facebook.

Some speculate it had something to do with the upcoming PVE realm they are launching. I have no idea, maybe hold off the judgement until we know for sure what this is all about. IF they actually build in some sort of teleporter because people are too lazy to get around the world and want timesavers, that'd be an awful decision imo. Just look at what flying mounts did, made the world feel less populated and it shrunk it, it didnt feel like this vast awesome world that you explored anymore, you just flew from point A to point B. Only convenience I like was more ressurection points, but then again it made dying feel costly and playing more risky because you didnt wanna run all the way back, so on second thought I wouldnt even want that.
Anyway, enough rambling, I just hope Kronos never implement something like this if it indeed is a "teleporter" thingy.

Last edited:
Well at least some kind of fix/solution for the boat/zeppelin bug for the mac users would be welcomed - even if it broke the immersion a bit.

This was only a part of the WoW beta and 4-5 month into release, so no it wont be blizzlike.

Then there is this other problem he was not a Goblin with a teleporter.

Was in response to the "broke the immersion", which I assumed was referencing the Vanilla Experience (that should include beta right? :tongue:).

Why hasn't this thread been locked and let to rest yet?

Its not happening, invest in Kronos or continue playing on what ever other server your on.

No one is forcing anyone to come play here, if Kronos keeps moving in the direction is has been since launch then the server will continue to grow and you'll be the ones missing out because of nothing but laziness and lack of respect for the current community.

Last edited:
Why hasn't this thread been locked and let to rest yet?

Its not happening, invest in Kronos or continue playing on what ever other server your on.

No one is forcing anyone to come play here, if Kronos keeps moving in the direction is has been since launch then the server will continue to grow and you'll be the ones missing out because of nothing but laziness and lack of respect for the current community.

Whilst I completely agree...An event to attract new players for a week - 10 days would be extremely beneficial. Maybe a 2x boost rate event for everyone under level 35/45. Or for every new character which is created (and does not effect current leveling characters). This can also add the benefit for many existing players to take advantage of and level a character to then sell it on AH to someone who wishes to switch.

Maybe a new thread could be created for people who want to migrate and get in touch with people who are willing to level and then sell the character on AH for an agreed price. That could also be a solution...but requires the coordination and the drive by many players who can level a character in a week.

No messing with xp rates... That is a slippery slope and moves away from some core fundamentals in vanilla. If they once made any temporary modifications, then people would rage when its taken away (people tend to want convienience, just look what happened when blizz decided to remove flyingmount in WoD). If we only had xp weekends people would start adapting around that, only play their alts to level during weekends and not touch them during the week because why bother. I only played on a funserver with high xp rates once and never again. Thats just my opinion.
There are other ways to getting people. Advertise and going on reddit and social media. Continue making these aweseome trailers etc.

Top Bottom