• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mage Unable to do proper shatter combo on this server

Vok

Is it just me, or is it impossible to get the Cone of Cold to happen before the Frostbolt when doing a shatter combo?

I'll frost nova the enemy, start winding up a Frostbolt, and spam my Cone of Cold key as fast as possible. When looking through combat log, I see the frostbolt ALWAYS hits before the cone of cold, which means only one spell is actually getting the benefit of shatter.

I've also tried using Cone of Cold with a SpellStopCasting() macro to ensure I am casting the Cone of Cold as early as possible. Still, the Frostbolt always hits the enemy first.

Any other frost mages unable to do a proper shatter combo on this server? I've already put up a bug report for it, but I need some votes in order for the dev's to see the problem faster. Here is the bug tracker link: https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=6963

I should note that I can get the combo working with a Fire Blast (even at close range, similar to where I'd be for a Cone of Cold) almost every time. It just seems like Cone of Cold has a travel time, or has some kind of delay when cast immediately after a frostbolt (unlike Fire Blast).

Last edited:
CoC has indeed a travel time. A target at max range gets hit maybe half a second later than a target right in front of you. Spells work instantly on kronos and dont have a small delay like they did on retail. So doing a shattercombo with fireblast is easier because you can actually watch the frostbolt when it hits. But CoC has travel time and so has the frostbolt. Im pretty sure a CoC is too slow to never be able to "catch up" to a frostbolt

Even fireblast does not hit before frostbolt if you stay too close.
I do not believe that CoC has a travel time. Server reads spell information from game files. Since the game files have no travel time listed for CoC one would have to deliberately manipulate it.

This is happening ever since the server moved so I would rather blame it on increased latency or something entirely else. A huge issue nontheless.

Even fireblast does not hit before frostbolt if you stay too close.
I do not believe that CoC has a travel time. Server reads spell information from game files. Since the game files have no travel time listed for CoC one would have to deliberately manipulate it.

This is happening ever since the server moved so I would rather blame it on increased latency or something entirely else. A huge issue nontheless.

I don't see how it can be caused by increased latency from the server move. I can do a proper shatter combo on Nost server just fine (using /script SpellStopCasting()) even though the lag over there is far far worse.

Also I can actually do a Fire blast shatter combo (at close range) on Kronos. It's only with CoC that it does not seem to work.

I tried with both spells and even with lock. Couldn't do it with fireblast either if I stood as close as with CoC.

I tried with both spells and even with lock. Couldn't do it with fireblast either if I stood as close as with CoC.

Have you tried using a macro like this:
Code:
/script SpellStopCasting()

/cast Fire Blast

And then you hit that macro slightly before your castbar actually finishes. Might even work for that warlock combo.

Last edited:
I can do a shatter combo with both fire blast and Coc, no macros needed, playing with around 17-35 ms

Want an answer? Kronos has too good ms compared to retail and other private servers.

Top Bottom