• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

vQueue - A group finder for vanilla!

Devlix

vQueue v1.1 - A group finder for vanilla!

vQueue

vQueue is a utility for finding players similar to the functionality of oQueue.

v1.1 is here with lots of new changes and features the download link has been updated and unfortunately the addon will not be compatible with v1.0. Take a look at the change log below to see what's new in this version.

Code:
v1.1.3
-Worked on changing UI a bit, changed textures, added highlight to category list, etc.
-Changed my chat filter to work with chat addons should be more reliable
-Added a button in options to fix the order of chat channels
-Tooltip on minimap button to show players in your wait list
-added some more stuff to hopefully fix the chat /who

v1.1.2
-added a couple arguments for dps role
-fixed some issues with /who

v1.1.1
-Too much blue in druid color fixed that
-whispers were being sent when groups got unlisted, removed those
-sometimes getting lua errors from chat filter hopefully fixed

v1.1
-Minimap icon now saves its position
-Selected role saves between characters
-Group listing now always stays up to date with latest vQueue groups - no more need for a refresh button
-find button is now a toggle option - enabled by default
-Scans joined chat channels for people lfg/lfm and adds the players to their respective sections
-ability to filter channel messages from chat in the options menu
-People hosting groups can now also browse existing groups
-added a wait list button when hosting to return to your player queue - also shows players in queue on button
-categories on left show amount of groups in their section on the text
-level field in create group is filled with a suggested minimum level
-group name is now shown under category title in the wait list

v1.0
- Initial release.

Note:
This is the initial release of the addon so please be open to encountering issues.

Screenshots:
npogpmt.png

TxXGWnI.png

Download
https://github.com/Devlix/vQueue/releases

GitHub
https://github.com/Devlix/vQueue

If you come across any errors, issues, or have any questions feel free to post an issue on GitHub or make a post here on the forum.
:)

Last edited:
+1 for the effort! its highly possible that i will not use that addon but i think it have a lot of potential =)

greets

Nice stuff ,but im kinda sure is faster to just make own gruop and /w people in level range :p

Not that hard to do chat parsing, the way Call To Arms already does, and integrate it in this addon.
So you'd have its own channel plus parsing all messages from world/lfg etc. I think it's a great tool to eliminate chat spam and unify the group search in an interface where you don't have to pay close attention to a constantly moving chat.

Great addon! just need people to know about it and use it now.

Though you are throwing yourself into a den of lions. A den which the lions all roar blizzlike and rip apart anything like a LFG tool or a summoning stone.

Im quite happy with world channel atm :D

Great addon! just need people to know about it and use it now.
That's what I consider to be the biggest problem with things like this and oQueue; there is still a large amount of players who won't know about it or choose not to use it, splitting the dungeon searcing population in two. Even if the addon would pick up from /world or other channels, it should be able to post in those channels too in order to tempt people to join a forming group* - and then it doesn't seem to me like you've gained much by using it.

* Players without the addon will likely be new players, and the lack of dungeon group activity in chat could affect their first impression.

Doesn't recognize the role if you write "LFHealer" or "LFTank". Also not compatible with Detached Minimap Buttons add-on, is it possible to fix?

bumping this as this addon has ALOT more potential than people realize.

This is same exact tool as Guild Wars 2 is using and it works fantastic.

Create a group, post message on chat ONCE and everyone who uses this addon sees it.
This addon saves chat from boring lfg spam.

If this thing gets enough support it could change the face of vanilla grouping.

In my humble opinion... this is most revolutionary addon for vanilla wow ever made.

+1 and bump for this since it is a great relieve if you are like me and dont want to see all the super aids diarrhea in global

IMHO it looks like another LFR. I used it in MoP on retail, cuz find group for flex or so was nearly impossible. Still can't see reason why to use it here. Less social, more Blizzard!

IMHO it looks like another LFR. I used it in MoP on retail, cuz find group for flex or so was nearly impossible. Still can't see reason why to use it here. Less social, more Blizzard!
Agreed!Props to the people responsible for this addon, but LFR/easy group queuing is one of the things that has fucked Retai by destroying any sense of community in the game. Please don't use this addon, join a guild or look for people in chat yourself! Friend people you group with and whisper them later for other groups!

Top Bottom