• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Warlock vs. Hunter

cooper91

Hi all,

After a lot of deliberation and research I've narrowed down the classes I want to play to either a NE hunter or a Human warlock. I was hoping to get some feedback from more experienced players on the leveling, pvp prowess, and endgame viability of each. Here are the pros and cons of each as I've discovered them:

Human Warlock:

Pros -
1. Underplayed class
2. Needed for Endgame Raiding
3. Efficient levelers
4. Free mount

Cons -
1. Will of the Forsaken will make Wpvp quite difficult.

NE Hunter:

Pros -
1. Shadowmeld
2. Interesting pet mechanics
3. Ease of leveling
4. Great for Wpvp

Cons -
1. Overplayed class
2. Difficult to get positions in raids
3. Not good end game pvp.

Some things I have said I may be wrong about, please correct me if I am. My greatest joy in this game is world pvp while I level, which is why I lean Night Elf hunter. But I also want to be able to replay the endgame content and do find myself somewhat concerned about the availability of raiding positions.

Thank you all!

Thought of another con to warlocks - dresses. Also, I like feeling as though the power of my weapon has consequences for the power of my character. There's something about my staff not being involved in a direct way in damage dealing that turns me off a bit from locks. Also, cloth gear competition.

Will of the forsaken is a minor con for warlock, undeads are rare and most of them are rogues which is not gonna overpower you too hard in a fight, its still maybe a 50/50 with equal gear and skill

Hunters are not really overplayed, more like in the middle of the pack.

Hunter end game PvP is not bad, it is actually one of the best especially in 1vs1. You really need to practice the class and play aggressively if you want to win alot, which is not hard to do with the hunter

I personally do not prefer warlock as they are dark sided, and Hunter is one of my favourite classes so I will highly and strongly reccommend a hunter for you, you can dominate people hard both in PvP, and also in PvEs damage meters.

Both of these classes have pets and are a bit complicated to master or even become advancedly good in so I reccommend to study and practice alot with these classes, both are pretty aggressive classes and they got a pet, but there are vast big differences aswell.

Hunters are mighty and dangeorus, warlocks are dark and powerful, choose wisely.

Last edited:
Will of the forsaken is a minor con for warlock, undeads are rare and most of them are rogues which is not gonna overpower you too hard in a fight.

are you actually for real? Undead are by far the most common horde race and rogues will fuck up any warlock whos not on their a-game.

don't be fooled people, if you roll an alliance warlock you will be at a disadvantage in pvp, however at the same time will be welcomed in pve since there are slightly less locks on alliance.

Let me reconsider and adjust my previous post, as undeads are the most played race and in immense numbers circulating the hordes player base, the disadvantage of the human warlock is greater than I previously stated, but still not crushing

Top Bottom