• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Warlock vs Warrior for raiding?

Irvin

Which do you find more fun?

I don't know anything about raiding speccs with a warlock, but I'm deciding between a warlock and a prot warrior.

Which is easier to find a raid spot with? Which is more fun to level with? Which is more fun to raid with? Warriors are always the popular pick, but warlocks are surprisingly picked less than hunters. In fact if you were to split the warrior population, by looking on the Kronos 2 statistics, 28.9/3 (3 speccs) you'd get 9.63 which is still higher than the warlock- well anyway sorry about another post like this.

95% of the time you spam shadowbolt like a mage is spamming frostbolt. Really, really boring. As warrior you have quite the rotation. Casters are just boring as fuck comparing to melee in a raid environment.

warri for fucking sure
any melee is way more fun than casters
imo :^D
also imo fwarri is more important for raid because he can offtank some time - when he was second on ktm and tank died or when boss tauntable taunt him and use SW and MAYBE save raid from wipe if healers will not sug dyke and warri have plate outfit on him
as warri rotation kinda depends ye, starting from stancedance when overpower procs
better show it
fury warrior pve pov:
[video=youtube;9nqjyM8vbZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nqjyM8vbZw[/video]
warlock pve pov:
[video=youtube;Gc2PsL8XlrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2PsL8XlrA[/video]

kinda offtopic, but warri vs wlock pvp
[video=youtube;VRhMlOyRcok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRhMlOyRcok[/video]
warri too dependent of assistance doe when wlock pretty independent and prolly one of the best wpvp 1vX class, warri was extra lucky with extraattack

regards
melees fan
not melee hunters or enha chamans doe, fuck them

You raise good points xpsdoe. Please consider.
Warlock and Warrior both start with War. Warrior ends with "rior" which isn't a real word. Warlock ends with "lock". Lock is safe.

Case closed

I got both a 60 Warlock and Warrior with which I raid.

Warrior
+Can't go wrong with this if you want to tank sometimes.
+fcfs style ability selection and play, you make real time calculations about which ability to use next, taking into consideration upcoming cooldowns.

-Gear dependent
-Slow leveling process
-Many people play Warrior

Warlock

+Good utility for groups with Soulstone, Imp/Felhunter support, CoT, CoR, CoE, CoS, CoEx, Health Stone, Detect Invis (nice in strat gauntlet)
+Pet enables easy leveling. Subjectively fun to level as well because you use many abilities regularly.
+Can work with poor gear. Bloodvine is insanely good, I'm using 3/3 always in raiding, all through AQ. Bonus points if you are a Tailor.

-Play style is objectively boring outside of using utility spells and micro managing pets. It boils down to spamming Shadow Bolt during Endgame because 16 debuff slots do not allow for more.

I believe both classes are very fun to play. If you want to be a more active part of the group you participate in, play Warrior.
If you want to lean back and make sure you have a Fail-safe mechanism in case crap hits the fan, Warlock is a good choice as well.

I'll also add that Warrior is the slowest and most painful class to level from 1-40 or so, unless you're rich and can deck yourself out with all sorts of blues and keep an updated blue weapon every 3 levels.

I would highly recommend leveling a warrior with a high level Priest/Paladin/Druid on /follow, for buffs and healing. If you've got a healer, then you've essentially got 0 downtime and don't really have to worry about pulling multiple mobs.

Top Bottom