• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Warrior DPS Being gear dependent?

Silverapples

Hey all, so I've always heard for the longest time that warriors were some of the absolute most gear dependent classes out there, yet it seems like in my experience from 5/10 mans, even sub par-mediocre geared warriors can top the dps charts pretty easily. I'm just wondering if there's a reason for this? Obviously in a raid setting i'm sure they'd fall behind quickly without the right amount of hit etc, but it still surprises me to see a warrior with only 3 or 4 blues and a 3.20 speed level 53 2h axe top my dps in BRD or DM. My mage is only 2 or so items away from preraid BiS with full enchants(30 SP to wep) so maybe i'm just not getting enough combat time in or something. Anyways, just wanted to maybe hear your guy's thoughts!

And before someone says it, I'm not crying about getting beat by warriors in dps, if anything i'm happy when someone pulls more than their own weight, It's just surprising and unexpected and makes me curious. Anyways,
Happy hunting!

They are the most dependent on gear, but also scale the best.

What you are seeing in your 5 mans is the sum of two scenarios.

1: Splash Damage - Raid DPS is judged by single target DPS. A 2h warrior is using cooldowns (sweeping strikes or deathwish) then cleaving and whirlwinding multiple targets.

2: CD uptime vs mob hit time - A short fight favors those with cooldowns. The closer you can get a boss kill time to the time your cooldowns are buffing you = cooldown effective %. This is a huge factor in the damage you can do, especially in a short fight.

Longer fights, this is equalized and you will see the properly geared mages and warlocks easily push ahead of a standard run of the mill warrior.

If green/blue warrior tops damage of mage, whatever gear, mage is shit. There's no way around it.

Im talking overall damage/dps. If you ask why warrior did deathwish ss ww while you were drinking and did more dps than you on that fight, i dont know what to say.

Proper played, green geared arms warrior, will get outdpsd by a hunter pet in a regular dungeon run.

Now if said warrior is 60 and does BRD, while charging in with SS on every pull before tank with 100% wf totem uptime and maybe consumables, yes it will be great damage but doesnt mean anything other than that particular warr is simply a lot better player that that mage that does 2 frostbolts, sheep on aoe pull, and then drinks/whines about dps.

As a warrior you gain rage based on the amount of damage you deal. The more damage the more rage, and the more rage the quicker you can spam even more abilities. So yeah this alone means warriors dps is exponential where other classes are more or less linear.

Top Bottom