• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Warrior prot pvp?

Malgoth

Hello. Im new in WoW and i have some questions. I love to play chars who use shield + xx. Character like this is good in pvp/pve? I mean open world pvp or bg.

nah prot warri not viable in pvp at vanilla
maybe if u'll get TF ull have some source of damage
and still suck to casters tho
so better not, imo. just pve, its always lack of good tanks esp on horde sied

It can be rather effective in warsong.

25% silence uptime (6sec lock for inline) -> ridiculous
50% chance to dispel -> decent
5 second physical stun out of nowhere -> ridiculous
45% stun chance for 3secs from Revenge -> pretty absurd imo
hamstring battery -> very effective
good survivability -> very nice in many situations
high mitigation -> especially as FC against melee heavy teams, this is very nice
very limited damage output -> bad

With T1 and T2 readily available you shouldn't have a problem to gear up properly. If you are fortunate enought to grab a TF more power to you. I'd personally go with a Silent Fang against caster heavy teams and a TF against melee heavy teams if I had the choice (which I luckily have :biggrin:). If TF is out of the question then Silent Fang it is.

I thought about giving def a go in WSG a few days back, but haven't managed to do so. Going to try it out a give a more proper feedback then. All in all with all the gimmicky spells and procs it sounds like a decent enought idea.

EDIT:
http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...000000000000550013000000000050255113003001231

from the top of my head, something like this maybe. probably switching parry with enrage so theres at least a little damage potetial.

Last edited:
As I said, im new in WoW so last post is too profesional for me :crying: So basic problem is lack of dps?

If you can not utilize the specs full potential due to beeing fairly new to the game, then yes, lack of dps is the problem.

Mortal Strike is very effective even with minimal skill and effort. Given you get appropriate gear for the job.
As a newcomer you might be better of with that.

In any case, try it out for yourself. Maybe you find pleasure in def PvP, who knows.
Our maintank enjoyed running flags in WSG or securing flags in AB/AV.

After a few BGs here is what I can say.

It works fairly well.
I swapped speccs arround a little bit and here is what I think is best for the job
http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...100000000005005013000000000005255003020001200

Pirecing Howl is extremely powerful as it can be used while in defensive stance. Not to mention it is a physical AoE slow.
First try was a more damage oriented build with Enrage and Shield Slam. Turns out without Tactical Mastery its unplayable.
Gonna do some more BGs as def soon with the above template. So far its been pretty fun. Especially against alliances melee heavy teams.

I ran my normal Impale TPS spec and far very well in pvp. The key is to understand your role. You are to make yourself a big distraction, stun the healers, shield bash the mages/locks, hamstring the hunters. For those who don't play protection, T2 geared warrior can shield slam for 1.4k crit on cloth 1.2k leather. Coupled with a strong 1h auto, impossible to kill via melee, using trinket : DMC: Malstrom.

Banking off Lharts, you should be using Vis'Kag as your PVP weapon until you can get a Thunderfury, if ever. Vis'Kag proc is a "wound". Wound = non magic so scales with your physical crit percent and can not be resisted. Still put lifestealing on it though, even though it is weak. It is a "hit" which helps generate your other procs.

For those that still say it isn't viable, let me get geared up and you can duel me. No cooldowns, and only 3 classes can beat me, and that is due to the class balances. Or better yet come do some world pvp and have some fun :)

Top Bottom