• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior warrior

Thank you for replying Jahreno, is fury viable in pvp as well? What about dual wield spec for pvp as well?

DW Fury sure is viable as warrior. You will have an easier time getting through shields then with MS. Generally you are less rage starved.
imo fury has the highest damage output of all melee builds. The downside is that your burst is lower then MS and of course you are missing the debuff.
Sure you can crit pretty high with BT and DW (even 1k autoswing crits is not unlikely), but MS just gives a more consistend burst.
Make sure you still have an MS warrior in your PvP group and problem solved.

Awesome, thanks for replying. Now the only two things missing are kronos and a guild haha

That is a great spec, however with respec costs capped at 10g per swing, I don't see why you would choose a hybrid spec over a pure one. You can tank everything up until MC without issue with a dps spec.

And pvping without piercing howl is suffering/impossible depending on your ping

You get %9 extra threat, extra uncrushability and more importantly, last stand. LS is probably the most useful ability, ever. Its GCD free, relatively low cooldown, and very reliable. Yes ofc you can tank all pre-raid content w/o prot talents, but personally i'd reset my talents at 55~~ and go with this until i get a few dps items from MC. Because we wont have d2 questline, ZG and Silithus gear at the initial launch. It'll take quite some time to get a Lionheart and especially Titanic crafted. I dont think arms pve would lose to fury with WF totems in first few months.

Dont know how the comparison would be in alliance side.

I don't think the specc is to great. Unbridled Wrath is kinda useless since a 40% chance on 1 extra Rage every 3-4sec is 5 wasted points. Besides that you have neither MS nor BT to use your rage, therefore you need to heroic strike all your rage which kinda sucks in comparison.

you have sacrificed BT just to get SS, which is useless in most boss fights where your dps is really needed. cleave is also a useless talent if you consider the amount of damage you get out of it. if you want to have a 2h fury kinda build, something like this may be useful, however i didnt calculate the AP for boss fights yet, should take a look into it since its working here. so you can change IMP demo maybe.

you can get a 2hander under 3.0 speed to get the most out of your flurry/ub procs and have a more steady rage flow overall. I had heard 2h fury works good with the crafted polearm and some other weapons, but its not that viable in late game since itemization sucks for them in vanilla. And obviously they dont have the Imp Slam talent of TBC here, kind of sucks wasting 5 points into a talent just to get that 0.5 speed improvement while you can get 1.0 in tbc for only 2 points... you get what i mean.

just google 2hand fury for vanilla and check penix forums, im sure they have some 2h fury fanatics dying to advertise their specs :)

I remember that my warrior friend got an epic (crafted?) 2 hander with fast attack speed and tried experimenting with 2h fury. This was waaay back in vanilla so dont know specifics.

I played 2H fury quite some time on another vanilla server just a few months ago. You definitely can top DMG meter, but you just need a ridiculous amount of crit. I tried it in MC and BWL bcs there aren't more raids released yet. Ony-buff and a feral in my group; 45%+ crit, 2h fury is a lot of fun with this. Btw the rogues, which also had ony and feral buff haven't had even a small chance against my spec, but as soon as there was a wipe or I died and the ony-buff was gone, it wasn't fun at all.

Last edited:
In PVP if you have a healer on your back (as a Warrior you will most times) they expect you to be a pure killer. Any points not spend on CC/Damage would soon have your healer moving off of you, and onto the guy who is getting the killing blows/damage done.

Top Bottom