• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Warriors & Gold Making/Farming

Numenorean

Greetings fellows!

I've checked out the server, and I'm very excited to start playing. I've given the matter a good deal of thought, and I think I'll be rolling a warrior, my all-times favourite class.

I haven't decided whether I'll roll a tank or a fury DPS for raiding purposes, but I sure intend to be, at the same time, an active PvPer of sorts.

My main concern is whether I'll be able to make enough gold as a warrior alone. I know this can be a somewhat subjective matter, but would anyone have any tips to offer on how to keep a decent gold balance that will allow me to keep up with raiding supplies & things as such?

I was thinking of picking up tailoring/enchanting this time around, but I'm not too sure how profitable a choice that might be in the end. I usually end up going for mining/engi or BS, but I'm hoping to try something different.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Hello!

Well, end-game raiding does require a lot of consumables, so I do believe rolling herbalism/alchemy can be very profitable in the end. Especially if you get some of the nice recipe drops! Besides, alchemy is pretty nifty to have anyway. Free action potion and swiftness potion has saved my life more than once! Plus resistance when farming elementals, extra stats... There are many reasons to pick up this combo :) Plus some herbs sell for a lot on the AH, Briarthorn sold for 2g per stack last time I checked (this may have changed, it was a week or two ago). Worth considering!

Interesting! I'm wondering if enchanting would also be a viable option instead when paired with herb.

Also, how do you link your character to your signature, if you don't mind my asking? Cheers!

Basically you could do it whatever way you like. Herb/alch is far easier since the enchanting requires you to disenchant a lot of items so you lose quite a lot of vendor gold, but it could very well work if that's what you're into. I started out with herbalism/enchanting on my rogue and quickly rerolled alchemy instead of enchanting. It's mostly personal preference but I would still recommend herbalism/alchemy.

Not at all, first you find your character at armory.twinstar.cz, then copy the link. Go to settings here in the forums (just to the left of the log out button at the top) and go to edit signature.

To make it so that the link appears in text, write it like I did under. Replace the ( ) with [ ] to make the code function.

(url=pasteurlhere)Character name(/url)

Greetings fellows!

I've checked out the server, and I'm very excited to start playing. I've given the matter a good deal of thought, and I think I'll be rolling a warrior, my all-times favourite class.

I haven't decided whether I'll roll a tank or a fury DPS for raiding purposes, but I sure intend to be, at the same time, an active PvPer of sorts.

My main concern is whether I'll be able to make enough gold as a warrior alone. I know this can be a somewhat subjective matter, but would anyone have any tips to offer on how to keep a decent gold balance that will allow me to keep up with raiding supplies & things as such?

I was thinking of picking up tailoring/enchanting this time around, but I'm not too sure how profitable a choice that might be in the end. I usually end up going for mining/engi or BS, but I'm hoping to try something different.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Welcome man! I'm starting a character here too by the end of the month and I was questioning professions also. Having levelled every prof to some extent, except engineering, I figure herb/alch or tailoring/chanting are the best combinations. You can make some pretty cool weapons at end game level with BS/mining and selling stacks of ore isn't a bad way to make some coin either. I loved watching people get around with the 'Arcanite Reaper' back in the day lol. My warrior tank (my first ever toon and my Vanilla character) was BS and mining and I had no problems being short of coin for raiding. However, as it's been mentioned, herb/alch proves useful for raiding and pvp (which you said you'll do some of both).

My character is going to be tailoring/chanting as a caster. Welcome and good luck making gold for MC/BWL wipes lol.

tailoring+enchanting = only if you want tons of dream dusts for encahnted thorium

... Which you will in turn use to enchant things. Sure, you can make gold doing this at higher levels, but not while leveling at least.
(was talking oabout lvl 57+ offhands)
There solid guides for leveling enchanting, but this topic about making gold, not leveling skill. Material cost of leveling << Income of being an Enchanter.

My fellow priest with enchanting+tailoring have more gold and epic riding before me....

Run alot of dungeons.
Its really this simple. People are looking for tanks all the time.

Top Bottom