• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What the first day taught us

goris

Authorized
Hey, the first day wasn't so great. I myself felt kind of depressed with the amount of easily fixable issues that popped up. But we have a small window of time in which those 1300 people that were here yesterday will be levelling and trying to cause havoc somewhere else so let's use it to make sure those issues don't reappear when the people come back.

Stuff that needs fixing:
  1. Whatever problem these guys are having. If not fix, at least ask for additional info, show that you noticed.
    [CR]
  2. The kronos-wow page. There is no realmlist on the project's main page! No clear link/button to register either. And no, that one link "hidden" in the second post from the top, wall-of-text post I may add, does not count.
    I'm no web designer, so I don't know how hard it is to add the How to page to the top menu. But if it's not possible, at least add it as the latest newspost on the Home page. Make it easily visible, people having to use google/ask around seems lazy.[/CR] The first newspost fixes this for now. Keep the info in mind when making the next newspost please.
  3. Twinstar's main page. People report seeing it in czech. I understand that porting all the account manager stuff to the kronos-wow page would probably be too much to ask, but at least add a register link/button on kronos-wow.com and make sure it redirects to an english version of twinstar.cz. I don't know how.
    [CR]
  4. Also, why in the name of all that is holy, does the only reachable instructions manual still mention the Twinstar launcher as a mandatory step of getting to play on Kronos? The defunct, discontinued, unnecessary Twinstar launcher? Leave it with the other expansions for all I care, but please, remove it from the Vanilla instructions.[/CR] FIXED, thanks:)
    [CR]
  5. The downloadable client. Uloz.to is too slow for this amount of data and there are reportedly not enough peers/seeds in order for the torrent to work. Think of a way to provide a reliable fast-ish client download for those who need it. Link to this torrent if you have to. Or this one, or this one, or this forum post. Provided that the torrents' clients work, it's better to provide a foreign torrent than a dead torrent.[/cr] RETESTED twin torrent, works fine for me
    [CR]
  6. One more thing about the How to page. Modify the uloz.to links from uloz.to to ulozto.net so that they'll lead to an english version of the page. I've sent Chero a PM about it couple of days ago, but he's probably too busy. Even though the page isn't accesible through normal means, there still was somebody who googled it and used it.[/cr] FIXED, thanks
    [CR]
  7. Like this poor guy had to figure out on his own, the vanilla client doesn't support very long passwords. Consider adding the 16 character limit to the instructions.[/CR]
  8. These instructions lack a link to account registration, add it please.
    [CR]
  9. I know why .teleport is not available and I have no problem with that. But could you at least consider spawning riding trainers/mount vendors in the starting areas? It's a freaking test realm, I reaaaally don't want to have to run across the whole Elwynn forest/Dun morogh to get my ride. I envy the trolls.[/cr] Portals added, thanks:)
    [CR]
  10. Are you short on GMs for the beta? That's probably the easiest fix of them all. People disturbing the peace with GM items shouldn't take that long to discover&resolve. I'm sure the devs were busy and I symphatize, but there should have been people besides the development staff keeping order.[/CR] Beta does seem quite civilised for now.

I'm starting to repeat myself a bit and, as always, I can't remember everything I wanted to point out, so I'll leave this here for now and hope other people can add what I missed. All in all, I was pleasantly suprised with the turnout, too bad the people didn't get to test much. Was hoping they'd get to see something special, before they start levelling today, that would make them consider coming back for the real thing. I wish you good luck with the crashfixing, nerves of steel with the dissatisfied ones and a miracle. You could always use a miracle:)

Before somebody acuses me of something, I don't give two shits about the other server and I won't bother to test it. Don't wanna give them more online players. I'll either play here or, if the population sucks, nowhere at all. Haven't played WoW in a year and can't really say that I miss it that much.

Last edited:
Re: What the first day taugh us

I agree in all points, in my opinion they are even a major "bug".

Re: What the first day taugh us

All good points, and don't be scared to spam facebook and twitter. Maybe I'm just spoiled by ArenaNet (GW2 launch) and Bohemia Interactive (DayZ) but they all had problems and kept posting even minor infomations. It looked good and felt good.
Keep up the good work guys!

1. Whatever problem these guys are having. If not fix, at least ask for additional info, show that you noticed.
  2. The kronos-wow page. There is no realmlist on the project's main page! No clear link/button to register either. And no, that one link "hidden" in the second post from the top, wall-of-text post I may add, does not count.
    I'm no web designer, so I don't know how hard it is to add the How to page to the top menu. But if it's not possible, at least add it as the latest newspost on the Home page. Make it easily visible, people having to use google/ask around seems lazy.
  3. Twinstar's main page. People report seeing it in czech. I understand that porting all the account manager stuff to the kronos-wow page would probably be too much to ask, but at least add a register link/button on kronos-wow.com and make sure it redirects to an english version of twinstar.cz. I don't know how.
  4. Also, why in the name of all that is holy, does the only reachable instructions manual still mention the Twinstar launcher as a mandatory step of getting to play on Kronos? The defunct, discontinued, unnecessary Twinstar launcher? Leave it with the other expansions for all I care, but please, remove it from the Vanilla instructions. DELETED
  5. The downloadable client. Uloz.to is too slow for this amount of data and there are reportedly not enough peers/seeds in order for the torrent to work. Think of a way to provide a reliable fast-ish client download for those who need it. Link to this torrent if you have to. Or this one, or this one, or this forum post. Provided that the torrents' clients work, it's better to provide a foreign torrent than a dead torrent.
  6. One more thing about the How to page. Modify the uloz.to links from uloz.to to ulozto.net so that they'll lead to an english version of the page. I've sent Chero a PM about it couple of days ago, but he's probably too busy. Even though the page isn't accesible through normal means, there still was somebody who googled it and used it.
  7. Like this poor guy had to figure out on his own, the vanilla client doesn't support very long passwords. Consider adding the 16 character limit to the instructions. DONE FOR TWINSTAR.CZ
  8. Actually, neither of the how to pages includes a link to account registration, add it. DONE FOR TWINSTAR.CZ
  9. I know why .teleport is not available and I have no problem with that. But could you at least consider spawning riding trainers/mount vendors in the starting areas? It's a freaking test realm, I reaaaally don't want to have to run across the whole Elwynn forest/Dun morogh to get my ride. I envy the trolls.
  10. Are you short on GMs for the beta? That's probably the easiest fix of them all. People disturbing the peace with GM items shouldn't take that long to discover&resolve. I'm sure the devs were busy and I symphatize, but there should have been people besides the development staff keeping order.
That's all I can do.

Ad 3), I believe the issue is this:

yflowUF.png

And I also believe I reported this like a year ago. Just bumped it via IRC.

Ad 3), I believe the issue is this:
Yeah, if clicking on the logout button this site appears.

/edit which seems to get fixed while i am writing this. :D
/edit edit ok now its in CZ again >.> well i don't know

Last edited:
Uhum, these points had to be made /bravo goris These are the sort of problems no one will praise you for making sure they're not there in the first place, yet will most annoy chaps if stumbled upon.
The process has to be perfectly streamlined.

Most importantly, remove the crappy Uloz links. Only lead to frustration.
Also, if you gang are reluctant to point to working torrents by linking the websites themselves, just provide them as attachments in your HOW TO posts please. Yes, you can't attach torrents directly, as some remarked, so simply archive them first, like I did in this post.

On a related note, I cheer for the way community behaved in general yesterday. Not only in terms of reaction towards the developers, but also by attempting to fill in as customer support. As an example, when I stumbled upon the password issue, chaps like Psoj PMed me to offer assistance and, when I replied that I had already figured it out and that it was a password-length problem, he promised to forward the information as well. I am rather jaded by default, but yesterday's overall attitude did instill a pleasant confidence that we have a good chance at creating a cozy, solid, we-are-here-to-stay community once Kronos goes live.

now its working again... don't know why :O
As you can see the time in my screen i made it like 5 minutes ago.

weird, maybe try erasing browser cache Ironstar? If there is such a thing in your browser. That's about the only technical thing I know that sometimes helps :D

Now, if i login on the HP the language sets to CZ, even if it were set to english before the login.

but only few parts are shown in CZ (these ones we were talking about in the last linked pictures)
when i am logged in and i set it manually to english these parts don't change to english as well.

/edit .... yeah whatever of course it is working again ......

Last edited:
Guys wtf are you doing :)

That translation bug is present longer than a year and it's still there.
When you have previously set your lang to english and you visit the register page first time, it shows proper english. At this point, you can mouseover the "Server Statistics" label and it will display its czech counterpart combined with the english name. When you mouse out, it goes back to normal.

At this point, swap language to czech and then back to english. Your previously flawless english website will turn into the mess I printscreened.

Top Bottom