• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

What you need to know about BG queues and force popping them

Davros

We often get ticket concerns regarding battleground queues and bgs starting with less than the optimal number of players. Many players feel that members of the opposite faction are logging on with 60s of the opposite faction and queuing just to get the battlegrounds to pop. There are documented cases where this has happened in the past, and those were punished. Most of the time these are simply players who miss their queues. However, given that this is a perceived concern by many players and an incorrect concern that we don't care. So allow us to pull back the curtain slightly to help provide information on just how committed we as a team are to fair pvp.

First, ALL battleground queues are logged. If you sign up for a battleground, we log your character name, your account name, your IP address, the time of the sign up, the location, the frequency, how often you "miss" queues etc... So if you sign up for a bg, we know about it. It doesn't matter if you join it or not, once you sign up it's recorded. If your IP signs up for a battleground using a character of the opposite faction, it's immediately flagged in our logs. Using special developed tools, we cross reference all IP addresses in battleground logs, including VPN logs (keep in mind VPN is against server rules). Accounts that have been logged into with 2 or more IP addresses that vary by a certain degree are also flagged. While these logs also tell us if players are win-trading, suspicious behaviour etc, they are more than enough evidence we need to determine guilt. We keep a long record of these logs and cross reference IPs and accounts over time.

So what does this mean to you as a pvper? These logs are not looked at daily, but we routinely look at them weekly to identify players who have been abusing the system. So you as a player can rest assured that we are always trying our best to make sure that pvp is as fair as we can try to make it. When we have enough evidence of a player(s) who abuse such a behaviour, as is our policy we handle punishments directly with that player(s). The average player may not see the action we take, but you can rest assured that players who try to abuse this system are dealt with. Punishments vary depending on severity and whether it was a first time or repeat offence. These punishments include a direct written warning, to loss of honor for one or more weeks, upwards to banning the player for a period of time.

So if you have done this in the past, consider this a warning that we have your info logged and that if you decided to do it again then this is your warning. If you're new to this, were thinking of doing it then consider this a warning to not even risk it otherwise you'll be hearing from us soon. For the rest of the community, pvp to us as a team is very important and we are always spending countless hours every week of our volunteer'd time to read through and run references in all pvp logs. Your concerns are the same concerns we share, and know that any players caught abusing the system in any way are punished accordingly.

Davros this is awesome news to hear, however I believe the logs definitely need your attention regarding the last 24 hours. The last 5 q's that have popped during non peak hours this morning have consistently been alliance 3v5; 4v6. It is already bad enough that horde dominates most wsg games, but having Q's pop where you are consistently undermanned is just not fun.

Davros this is awesome news to hear, however I believe the logs definitely need your attention regarding the last 24 hours. The last 5 q's that have popped during non peak hours this morning have consistently been alliance 3v5; 4v6. It is already bad enough that horde dominates most wsg games, but having Q's pop where you are consistently undermanned is just not fun.

maybe you can talk to Fei about that :D

I am the arbiter of all BGs! Every non guilded 60 ally is me, shadow queueing to feed the horde more honor.

Conspiracy with unfortunately no merit. The issue is a few individuals, which is dealt with in private. If the players choose to make it public knowledge then that's their choice, we offer the ability for anonymity when we hand out punishment. The logs are looked at frequently and most of the time it has nothing to do with players queuing in opposite factions.

There shouldn't be anonymity when the issue involves more than the players cheating. PVP rank is a race that we pay for with our lifetime. That's a rare comodity. It involves all of us. The punishment is a JOKE. Worst than that are the other (disgusting) pvp rankers that are conivent to cheating and sudenly stop queueing. And yes in my book it's cheating. The player(s) involved know that it is phorbiden and use it to go over other players. The only punishment fit for these cheaters is permanent ban. Bad chapter on Kronos. I hope the ones punished learn with the first punishement. Oh wait...

Last edited:
There shouldn't be anonymity when the issue involves more than the players cheating. PVP rank is a race that we pay for with our lifetime. That's a rare comodity. It involves all of us. The punishment is a JOKE. Worst than that are the other (disgusting) pvp rankers that are conivent to cheating and sudenly stop queueing. And yes in my book it's cheating. The player(s) involved know that it is phorbiden and use it to go over other players. The only punishment fit for these cheaters is permanent ban. Bad chapter on Kronos.

We appreciate your feedback. We as a team have never worked directly in view for any issue/problem, whether it's a better or an exploiter or even bg related. We do not feel that "Name and Shame" works as a punishment method or detterrant especially given the ability to name change, if we did then we'd have a forum listing all punishments handed out on a daily basis. Quite frankly, that would take way too much of our already exhaustive time to keep up with and do not have the resources to do that even if we wanted to. We are tough but fair, and put Kronos above all else when it comes to how punishments are handled.

Well shame for a cheater is not even close to what he deserves for messing with the rest of the players lifes. But that's my opinion. Besides that, thanks for the reply and for the (still) excelent server and that these cases don't happen is all that a good comunity wants.

Last edited:
So apparently I can manipulate queues for r14, get a 2day ban although I've been banned before, and still be standing 1 to get my high warlord? cool stuff! And now why exactly was the sand honor nerfed again?

So apparently I can manipulate queues for r14, get a 2day ban although I've been banned before, and still be standing 1 to get my high warlord? cool stuff! And now why exactly was the sand honor nerfed again?

He was banned before for killing a person in Gadgetzan and then was in a guild wide ban over a server bug and a Volatile GM who tried to blackmail Chero. How are they related to the stupidity and drama that is ranking on this server?

Stop being so mad someone else came along to control and manipulate honour instead of your guild. Don't act like no one else has ever played loose with the rules on this server when it comes to ranking. You guys are simply the most vocal in reporting when it doesn't go your way.

Everyone involved is dumb.

He was banned before for killing a person in Gadgetzan and then was in a guild wide ban over a server bug and a Volatile GM who tried to blackmail Chero. How are they related to the stupidity and drama that is ranking on this server?

you forgot one tiny detail here, fei himself tried to manipulate himself an unban for the server bug you all tried to pass off as somebody elses fault

you forgot one tiny detail here, fei himself tried to manipulate himself an unban for the server bug you all tried to pass off as somebody elses fault
He attended the first night or second night (I can't remember which) and was thus locked to the raid ID that reset itself. He had cause to argue he wasn't party to the "abuse". Everyone tied to that ID got banned as well as a few who had never even entered MC for some reason. Again, why is this relevant?

I swear to god the amount of here say and assumption that gets passed off on this server as gospel is astounding.

If other rankers can't surpass him in a 2 day timespan then his standing is legit. Period.
GMs settled on a 2 day temporary ban (I don't even know what he did and frankly I don't care) so what you actually are questioning is their decision?

Its hard to believe that his ban had anything to do with manipulating Qs cause if it did then a permanent ban or at least honor reset for that week would be more appropriate.
Deliberately forcing fake games to pop is not a minor offense, I don't think staff will treat it as such. A 2 day ban is a penalty for a minor offense of course. My suggestion, ask him what he was banned for and stop making assumptions?

Last edited:
Top Bottom