• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Which race for Warrior?

Chozx

I've seen a lot of warrios on the game but what race do you guys pick for it or which one is the best?

Depends on what you want to do. Tanking, Dpsing, PvP?

Human is good allrounder.

Orc? I heard that tauren is the best tanking race because of stamina... But I'm playing da troll warrior. Considering race stats - HP regen + 5% plusdmg to beasts + boost doesn't seem so bad. But afaik orcish boost is better indeed.

Never played a race for its stats, so don't listen to me :D

Gnome/Dwarf/Human
or
Orc/Tauren

PvP oriented
________

Human/NE

Tauren/Orc

PvE tank

_____

Human, or any race with edgemaster's handguards

Orc/Troll or any race with edgemaster's handguards

PvE dps

Orc racials (5% more pet dmg, and stun resistance) are very solid, moreso than Undead imo. However the Undead shadow resistance and cannibalism heal cannot be dismissed very easily. Wotf isn't all that OP, just cast one early in the fight and it will be on CD, then they can't react because they don't know what to do next kek

personally I prefer Humans over Gnomes, because with perception you can get the drop on a rogue, or at least make him give distance. Diplomacy is also pretty huge, just saying.

Gnomes have extra int, and so also a hint more crit because of that. escape artist can be really nice, but situational depending on enemy class.
yay for extra eng while leveling, I guess

Last edited:
Orc racials (5% more pet dmg, and stun resistance) are very solid, moreso than Undead imo. However the Undead shadow resistance and cannibalism heal cannot be dismissed very easily. Wotf isn't all that OP, just cast one early in the fight and it will be on CD, then they can't react because they don't know what to do next kek

personally I prefer Humans over Gnomes, because with perception you can get the drop on a rogue, or at least make him give distance. Diplomacy is also pretty huge, just saying.

Gnomes have extra int, and so also a hint more crit because of that. escape artist can be really nice, but situational depending on enemy class.
yay for extra eng while leveling, I guess
So Orc or Undead?

Yea i was talking about dps, best tanks are tauren/nelf

Nelf? No.

Human is the best warrior for both tanking and dps since most of the best tanking weapons are swords (TF, Bloodlord's, Widow's) and humans gain additional threat with swords due to being less vulnerable to glancing blow damage reduction. 1% dodge is less important than providing more space for dps to kill the boss faster (the faster the boss dies, the less chance for tank to get killed).

Dwarf/Night Elf are better for PvP due to PvP racials.

Last edited:
Nelf? No.

Human is the best warrior for both tanking and dps since most of the best tanking weapons are swords (TF, Bloodlord's, Widow's) and humans gain additional threat with swords due to being less vulnerable to glancing blow damage reduction. 1% dodge is less important than providing more space for dps to kill the boss faster (the faster the boss dies, the less chance for tank to get killed).

Dwarf/Night Elf are better for PvP due to PvP racials.

so you put threat above survivability and dmg mitigation on tanks ? never

Dwarf stoneform is very useful since its activation based and also extra frost resistance might come handy in naxx
Nelf apart from dodge has also nature resistance (ZG etc)

i would not recomend picking any other alliance race for tanking (differences are minor though, but minmaxers should pick one of these two)

And back to the human thing, your dmg as a tank is the minority of the raid dmg output and thus the extra time saved is uncomparable to the dmg mitigated with Dwarf/Nelf racials

Tank does more damage means Tank does more threat means DPS can do more damage without overaggroing means Boss dies faster means Healers dont go oom means Tank stays alive.
More threat output is also survival.

I'd rather have considerably more threat than some extra armor for a short time every 2 minutes or some extra dodge.

Top Bottom