• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Which role are you doing to play as main?

What will be your main role?

• Tank

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Healer

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Damager

Votes: 40 52.6%

• Total voters

howa003

Authorized
I remember back on TBC (preWotlk, not Ares) Twinstar there was NEVER enough tanks and healers were sometimes also hard to find.
So I was wondering, which role are planning to play as main? Will there again be shortage of tanks? :D

There's always going to be too few tanks in dungeons and too many in raids, just because a 5 man group has a 1-1-3 setup while a 40 man raid has something like 3-12-25 ideally (so 1-4-8 roughly)

I will play a dps class, but since the respec costs are capped to 10g it will be much easier to find healers and tanks. I would even pay ppl 20g for the respec just for one dungeon when I really need a tank/healer.

Well you have to take into account that 5 mans can be tanked by other classes too, while in raids you most likely only use warriors. So the 1-4-8 ratio is slightly off. Lack of 5 man tanks still applies though.

Damage primarily, but I'm hoping for a Druid alt so in theory I could heal/tank 5-mans.

Well you have to take into account that 5 mans can be tanked by other classes too, while in raids you most likely only use warriors. So the 1-4-8 ratio is slightly off. Lack of 5 man tanks still applies though.

In my last realm one of the warriors in my guild refused to tank because he "was dps spec". Further discussing with him, he said he's "unable" to tank instances because of his spec rather than simply not wanting. He hadn't changed his mentality at lvl 60.

Overall trend in the server I noticed was when a warrior tank joined to a group he was most likely prot specced. Almost none of this happened in retail. Everyone tanked in their dps specs. And late to the game when we were more epic geared, warriors were preferred to tank with 2-hander in berserker stance to make the runs more enjoyable (and faster). Maybe it's something current WoW has instilled to the players brains, but I hope warriors and other tanks realize this is vanilla and things can be done differently.

I was holy paladin on that server and I ended up tanking more instances than healing...

Tauren Warrior Protection Spec all the way.

I may have recruited my brother, I get him to roll shammy I will lvl arms.

If he goes rogue or hunter, I might class match him and lvl proc tank when he is not online.

Last edited:
Top Bottom