• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Which role would you prefer?

Which role would you prefer?

• Main tank (only prot spec)

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Off-tank + DPS (basically prot, but with DPS equip as well)

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • DPS + Off-tank (basically DPS, but with tank equip as well)

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • DPS only (never tanking)

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not interested in PVE. PVP ONLY!

Votes: 12 8.4%

• Total voters
I don't like Warrior and would never roll one. However, if I had to be a Warrior I'd choose DPS only. Because Tanking is too much responsibility :tongue:

Hes right though. If you don't even consider to take a shield into your hand and help the raid, then you are a wasted raid slot.
I hate selfish players. Beein dps warrior is a privilege you have to earn.

thats why i dont like warriors on vanilla, because of people like you :wink:
Man. This simply is not because of people like me. It's because of how raiding/instances in vanilla are designed. The good news: You Can still pvp and noone cares. If you don't like the fact, that a warrior without a shield is not worth taking to a raid, then it's just the wrong choice playin warri in vanilla. I will play MS warri 4 sure. But i will also be a tank. We will see if MT or not, but you Can simply be both with good hybrid. Until BWL i was 3rd MT and if not tanking always top 3 dps on retail. A warrior should not ask himself if he gonna tank. The question is how often he will. And that's what counts.

Man. This simply is not because of people like me. It's because of how raiding/instances in vanilla are designed. The good news: You Can still pvp and noone cares. If you don't like the fact, that a warrior without a shield is not worth taking to a raid, then it's just the wrong choice playin warri in vanilla. I will play MS warri 4 sure. But i will also be a tank. We will see if MT or not, but you Can simply be both with good hybrid. Until BWL i was 3rd MT and if not tanking always top 3 dps on retail. A warrior should not ask himself if he gonna tank. The question is how often he will. And that's what counts.
This is how you can make a difference between a warrior who did some serious raiding and one who ran across Azeroth picking up flowers.
+1 to Rinde

Being the guy that stands in-front of the shitstorm is so much role playing epicness that i am jeezing in my pants already :w00t:

about what facts you talking ? theres 40 raidslots. Im not talking about 5 mans or brs where fury can have use for shield, but dont the hell tell me, all fury warriors in 40man have to tank.

And it is really simply. CAuse i hate tanking naturally im not playing warriors on vanilla cause of people like you. You cant quetion it. The dumbest reality is, people like you allowing useless specs from other classes in raids (include hybrids) and get pissed of by warriors, which dont wanna wear a shield. :blink:

I clicked Off-tank + DPS. My idea is to have a tanking gear with an alternate DPS/PvP set for encounters with the other faction. Let's see how will that work in Vannila which I am completely not familiar with... Hell, even for leveling (if I decide to roll a warr) I plan, at least, to have a one-hander & shield on hand just to find some groups and tank 5-mans, even in fury/arms talents (will it work? At least for low-level 5-mans? As I said, Vanilla is a big unknown for me :no: ).

I like Warrior, rolled one in both WotLK and Cataclysm expansions, liking to tank stuff and enjoying the HELL out of Arms spec (tried Fury, did not appeal much to me) :wub:

about what facts you talking ? theres 40 raidslots. Im not talking about 5 mans or brs where fury can have use for shield, but dont the hell tell me, all fury warriors in 40man have to tank.

Actually you don't need a shield for 5mans at all. But people like you could probably never hold good aggro without it, so... :wink:
Shield is useful for PvP too, Warrior who doesn't have any shield at all is a noob.

DPS + Offtank, i call it
Curse of the Full Inventory(srsly cant ever have an empty inventory)

I love the dynamic way fury spec works. Dont mind tanking, going to roll a warrior or a druid, still cant decide T_T.

Actually you don't need a shield for 5mans at all. But people like you could probably never hold good aggro without it, so... :wink:
Shield is useful for PvP too, Warrior who doesn't have any shield at all is a noob.

People like me never need to hold agro in 5 mans, doesnt matter if with or without shield. And pvp on vanilla doesnt interest me. At all, i ´m not sayin i dont have shield in bag. Your judge about what "people like me" are capable of is a bit mad too.

People like me never need to hold agro in 5 mans, doesnt matter if with or without shield. And pvp on vanilla doesnt interest me. At all, i ´m not sayin i dont have shield in bag. Your judge about what "people like me" are capable of is a bit mad too.

It's pretty accurate. I work with many people who also HAVE and CAN do something, but they simply WON'T.

Well i'm happy there is the 10g respec cap so warriors will be more likely to get into the proper spec for tanking.

I played mostly with Tank spec then swicthed to Fury on ED, as said the 10G respec cost is really good, even tho you don't need tank spec for the dungeons i kinda hate doing that without prot talents, mainly because load of peeps will start dpsing the mobs right after pull so you have no rage and no threat which leads into not so smooth runs. It's better to have shorter cd on taunt, stun on revenge and Shield Slam for saving the day :) while runnin with brainless players.

Depending on population and guilds i will change my spec to what will be needed the most.

Last edited:
It's pretty accurate. I work with many people who also HAVE and CAN do something, but they simply WON'T.
sure, why they should ? Some people jsut dont play warriors for tanking... raiding fury is pretty similar to raiding rogue. Raiding rogue even cannot sap mobs, so its just same melee dmg with same dps outuput like fury.
In this case you prefer, you have to bring much people with warrior characters to raid instead of rogues, cause they cannot wear shield and tank something, they simply dont play warriors...

Rogues are able to feign death or vanish to drop reduce or even drop. Furies can't. Just to name a major difference.
You can twist and turn as much as you like, warriors who never even consider to tank are not worth to be given a raidslot.

not worth to raidslot ? :D Its not about "bercause you say so".... i feel it like one of your big mistakes.
At all, feign death is hunter ability, and vanish is overrated. Not saying its useless, but once you get hitted by cleave or so,youll be dead instantly. And show me rogue using vanish on aoe..
Im not even sure, if you know what are you talking about..:wink:

not worth to raidslot ? :D Its not about "bercause you say so".... i feel it like one of your big mistakes.
At all, feign death is hunter ability, and vanish is overrated. Not saying its useless, but once you get hitted by cleave or so,youll be dead instantly. And show me rogue using vanish on aoe..
Im not even sure, if you know what are you talking about..:wink:

you will have 5-6 maybe 7 warriors in a 40 man raid. And there will be situations with 5 mobs to be tanked by 5 people. or trash with aggro reset which needs 4 people to taunt in turn. All classes has a role to fulfill in raids in order to progress smoothly, and this is what warriors should do. All classes that can heal WILL heal in vanilla, all dps classes will spec their optimal builds, everyone will be farming a lot for consumables to use in raids and a warrior is gonna complain because he has to tank once in a while? Druid tanks are fine and all, but they cant avoid spike damages and thats extra stress for raid healers.

Just keep that in mind. Raids are not for anyones personal glory, its for progress as a guild.

Last edited:
Top Bottom