• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Which role would you prefer?

Which role would you prefer?

• Main tank (only prot spec)

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Off-tank + DPS (basically prot, but with DPS equip as well)

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • DPS + Off-tank (basically DPS, but with tank equip as well)

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • DPS only (never tanking)

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not interested in PVE. PVP ONLY!

Votes: 12 8.4%

• Total voters
then 2 warriors in this situation can stay as dps permanently ? :wink: im not saying there should be 5 prot speced tanks in raid. But a guy which dont allow some people focus purely on dmg, is bit dickhead for me. Rogues advantage over fury is none, even with vanish, since you allways some warriors dpsing in time. You cant question it in this situation. Wheres one working ,can be more aswell.

Just keep that in mind. Raids are not for anyones personal glory, its for progress as a guild.

thats true, but have to realise that warrior have 2 viable specs, (actually the best in their role) hes not druid, pally or shammy or something else with useless spec. Hes definitelly best tank, and when gear comes, the best dps in raid aswell.

As warrior, you should have shield. Simply because there are fights/situations where it's useful or necessary (like majordomo, where you need about 6 tanks, or at last wars with shield) or when something goes wrong, it's allways useful, when war can equip shield and pop SW to tank till MT is ressed.

Nobody says that you can't focus on DPS, but not having shield is dumb.

The most important game mechanic is that you can change weapons in combat, this means as a dps warrior you can slap on a sword and shield and save the day.

Those 2 that say I dont need a shield for 5 mans.... The healer doesnt need to mana stress because of your ignorance. Your job is more than holding aggro. It is damage mitigation, and in turn saves healer mana, which in 5 mans speeds up a run much more than your 100 dps a sec increase. The healer if with plenty of mana will then feel comfortable in adding a DoT, debuff, or a simple auto attack/wand to fill in the gaps (will still allow 5 sec no cast spirit to kick in). 2h tanking is selfish. Only a few bosses that are purely caster based is this acceptable only if you intend to macro swap for spell reflection. But since you have no shield... It is comments like these that will end up having me main a proc warrior. At the end of a run, I will have the healer adding me to there friends list. You will be dodged and avoided for all future 5 mans.

Only a few bosses that are purely caster based is this acceptable only if you intend to macro swap for spell reflection.

This is vanilla, spell reflect was added in TBC. Only way to reflect spells for a warrior is to have the engineering trinkets.

Only PvP spec in Vanilla WoW? No such spec.
Every warrior makes his own group. He can obtain gear realy fast (rule number one: no more warriors in group / no persons interested in your gear). After you will obtain your equip, you will tank only for friends and guild (in exchange for flasks, enchants).
No diferences between PvE dmg and PvP (only hit maybe).
This is story about K2 warriors.
You are probably wrong, if you think you will run with another warrior in dungeon.
Every 60 lvl warrion will start like a tank. Or you will fight in battleground with great uncommon (green) gear? Probably not.
This is another story about K2 and only few BGs in first 3 (?) months.

Only PvP spec in Vanilla WoW? No such spec.
Every warrior makes his own group. He can obtain gear realy fast (rule number one: no more warriors in group / no persons interested in your gear). After you will obtain your equip, you will tank only for friends and guild (in exchange for flasks, enchants).
No diferences between PvE dmg and PvP (only hit maybe).
This is story about K2 warriors.
You are probably wrong, if you think you will run with another warrior in dungeon.
Every 60 lvl warrion will start like a tank. Or you will fight in battleground with great uncommon (green) gear? Probably not.
This is another story about K2 and only few BGs in first 3 (?) months.

First and most important: I play to get the best loot so I can go back to those times that game us those epic battles to the end, and go reck sh*t, if you will. That to me makes a server that will never go to TBC the better, because there is an end, there is a goal. And when you reach those goals with gear, you destroy all in the game. That is the point, right?

I never said this was the PVP spec. If I wanted a PVP warrior I'd roll Orc and talent resist to CC as well. When and in world pvp, pop racial trait to get more attack power.

My Ideal PVP would be (with Windfury Totem):

http://rpgworld.altervista.org/clas...135241000015500013100500000000000000000000000

Last edited:
Sorry mate I dit not comment you.
I wish to tell you full story about K2, but think it is not important. We will be all happy if this server will stay for full year. This problem is in community and mainly in community who wishes some "vanilla feeling". I am sorry, but this never happen again for 10 years old game.
You probably never played last Kronos so it is bit useless to answer your questions. We will see how much funny it will be after launch.

From my understanding it failed because the population was mainly a regional population, so the vase international players did not stay. I was not there so I am probably wrong, and this would better fit a different thread. Personal Message me this information if you will, as I am curious of your input on the matter.

Unfortunately, players killed old Kronos. My english is realy bad, so I will try to explain it as easy as I can.

There were a few tanks, so not everyone could go to the dungs. Within about 3 or 4 months were 5 BGS with the result 5:0 for Horde :D This happened because high equiped Alliance players simply farmed all the time. Poorly equipped players had no chance, so they simply refused to join again.
First players left because of this (no chance of going to dung / no PvP = no fun at all).
A lot of players left for other reasons. The reason was because they simply bored. Bored of things like traveling, impossibility to join to BG, when you want etc. In fack these things belong to the old WoW, because they are a simple way to make money by Blizzard. I do not think we need them all. Nothink of this make fun and fun is a reason why we still play this game. But players probably wish these things (again!) so let them be bored again. Is is not my problem.

Now I'm getting very worry about the new Kronos. Check out these stats:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/88209-Least-favorite-class
7% of warriors!!! So for 50% of the players will be a very, very difficult to gather some equip in dungs. This can be another awesome epick fail for Kronos again!

As I look, nothing has changed in the minds of players.

Now I'm getting very worry about the new Kronos. Check out these stats:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/88209-Least-favorite-class
7% of warriors!!! So for 50% of the players will be a very, very difficult to gather some equip in dungs. This can be another awesome epick fail for Kronos again!

As I look, nothing has changed in the minds of players.

Dude that's peoples least favourite class, not how many people who wants to play warrior.

But you may have a point regardless:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/90876-Which-role-are-you-doing-to-play-as-main

The number of people who have voted on this poll is very low, but still 12% tanks seems kinda low.

Last edited:
Dude that's peoples least favourite class, not how many people who wants to play warrior.

But you may have a point regardless:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/90876-Which-role-are-you-doing-to-play-as-main

The number of people who have voted on this poll is very low, but still 12% tanks seems kinda low.

The thing is the question is too widely asked.
I will always be tank in 5men dungeons till lvl 60. Then I will tank 5men dungeons building the group to have mostly leather/clothis in it, so I can roll on my offgear while tanking the dungeon.

BUT

I will NEVER be maintank. The responsibility IN the raid isnt to aggrevating, but having to come to raidschedule or else raidprogress will not happen for another 39 players because the guild did the right choice and funneled all gear into maintank is too much for me.
So you would need to ask:
What role will you do for lowlvldungeons.
What role will you do for lvl 60 5/10men dungeons.
What role will you do for raiding.
And most warriors wont MTing in raids because its hard to get into a raiding guild as MT, but will rather do DPS + offTank. But these ppl will vote for DPS, not tanking when they are asked what they will play.

All in all I think it will work just fine. You will need some time to get into groups ~30mins but then you are good to go. And there will be a /world chat I think, so no capital camping like in retail but farming your stuff in the meantime. :)

If I roll a war I would prefer the role as tank...but decided to choose off-tank + DPS since I don't think I would be good enough to be the main tank.

Top Bottom