• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Why aren't things like...

Runkkukunkku

im pretty sure this is against the rules to do but need evidence to make the change or something. for now record people doing it and report them, they get warned im pretty sure

im pretty sure this is against the rules to do but need evidence to make the change or something. for now record people doing it and report them, they get warned im pretty sure
Well the first one is confirmed, meaning they have all the info they need.

Despite the invis cap bug being definitely a bug, and the system message in game that it was now a bannable offense (a couple months back after an AB weekend) the next AB weekend, we reported a guy for doing it with multiple pieces of video evidence, and the GMs said that it was allowed.

So invis cap away until it is fixed!

edit, found it:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/103009-Yolam-Other
"core mechanic of the game" LOL

The blizzlike behavior is that all forms of invisibility should break as soon as you start channeling a spell or clicking the flag.

Last edited:
Last AB weekend, Davros told me that with sufficient proof, the offender will be punished accordingly. Recordings would be perfect I'd imagine.

Well then, all you need is to link them a video, where the player uses Invisibility potion or Gnomish Cloaking Device and then uses First Aid, Mind Flay, Arcane Missiles, Mend Pet, Volley, Drain Life, Drain Mana or any other channeled spell, to prove if it breaks or not.

Well then, all you need is to link them a video, where the player uses Invisibility potion or Gnomish Cloaking Device and then uses First Aid, Mind Flay, Arcane Missiles, Mend Pet, Volley, Drain Life, Drain Mana or any other channeled spell, to prove if it breaks or not.

Not sure if I am understanding this correctly but based on things said in this thread it is indeed against the rules to cap flags in this way, but more proof is still required in order for it to get fixed?

That makes no sense at all, on one hand it is recognized as a bug/flaw/exploit and players will get punished for abusing it. On the other hand, nothing is actually being done until someone presents video evidence?

I am sure you can see how flawed this approach is.

Last edited:
So basically find a movie of someone doing something that is utterly retarded because it won't work this way.

Stealth caps would have been a pretty major thing. Since you can't find ANY evidence that stealth caps where possible this is more or less proof that they weren't.

All those challened spells you mention create an effect(a tick, a debuff or an aura) on a target, that would cancel the invisibility in the first place. Hard to imagine a person using potion/trinket, only to lose it within a couple seconds.(and even recording&sharing it without being embarassed of such a bad play). Only legit proof for or against invis-caps would have been opening a game object/chest with invisibility.

Some may consider it foul-play, and people were even banned for it(i was not, because i was already done with grinding rep at that point :DDDDDDD). However GMs did say it was "allowed for the time being". So i guess there will be many people using it in the future.

Kind regards.

Last edited:
Hmpf, well that's lame. If gm's won't fix it, atleast say it's forbidden so u can ban people abusing it. :/

Not sure if I am understanding this correctly but based on things said in this thread it is indeed against the rules to cap flags in this way, but more proof is still required in order for it to get fixed?

That makes no sense at all, on one hand it is recognized as a bug/flaw/exploit and players will get punished for abusing it. On the other hand, nothing is actually being done until someone presents video evidence?

I am sure you can see how flawed this approach is.

I completely agree with you on this one. Seeing a screenshot with ingame announcement (red text) stating that capturing flags in AV with invisibility is bannable offense, then reading a report where Gurky gave a resolution of not punishing, because "it is allowed for now" brings the question wtf is going on. But I am definitely the wrong person you should complain to :wink:

So basically find a movie of someone doing something that is utterly retarded because it won't work this way.

Stealth caps would have been a pretty major thing. Since you can't find ANY evidence that stealth caps where possible this is more or less proof that they weren't.

100% correct. At least that's how it seems to work with twinhead reports on Kronos these days. It is one of the reasons I don't play anymore.
In the report itself, I have actually linked a guide, where the author described a method of "stealth" capping an AV flag, and provided it with screenshots where the capping unstealthed him, but apparently that + common sense is not enough to prove that capturing a flag in AV should remove any stealth/invisibility from the person capturing it.

All those challened spells you mention create an effect(a tick, a debuff or an aura) on a target, that would cancel the invisibility in the first place. Hard to imagine a person using potion/trinket, only to lose it within a couple seconds.(and even recording&sharing it without being embarassed of such a bad play). Only legit proof for or against invis-caps would have been opening a game object/chest with invisibility.
You have clearly not seen enough videos in your life.

Since you're all lazy to search for a few minutes instead of complaining, here's the proof that invis fades when you open gameobjects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-2u48dD2EI

Guess there won't be many people using it in the future. Enjoy.

The pictures you linked show a rogue who is using stealth. Stealth and Invisibility are not the same.
Casting Aimed Shots from Shadowmeld was fixed with 1.11 (at least) while there is more then 1 video with mages casting Pyroblasts from Invisibility even after the patch. I used 1.11 as reference and not 1.10 because the proof for the mage videos beeing past 1.11 is the stats on the PvP set which was introduced after 1.10.
The video you just added is proof though.

The pictures you linked show a rogue who is using stealth. Stealth and Invisibility are not the same.
As is using a gameobject vs. casting a spell, but that didn't stop anyone from countering with a cloaking device into pyroblast video.

@Leido: we probably hate each other to the point where Lharts blocked all my previous nicknames when the server re-released :D I don't remember how it started tho.

You have clearly not seen enough videos in your life.

Since you're all lazy to search for a few minutes instead of complaining, here's the proof that invis fades when you open gameobjects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-2u48dD2EI

Guess there won't be many people using it in the future. Enjoy.

This looks like legit proof to me, thanks to whoever found it. Invis fades from 6 seconds instantly when you interact with an object, cool.

So when was this proof found and why did staff members make a comment like it was allowed for the time being?

I don't know if it was allowed in the past, but it is not allowed now. I already wrote that in an earlier post.

This looks like legit proof to me, thanks to whoever found it. Invis fades from 6 seconds instantly when you interact with an object, cool.

So when was this proof found and why did staff members make a comment like it was allowed for the time being?

It was found when Psojed just posted it.
Prior to that the game masters were aware of the issue, and while it was worked out whether it was blizzlike or not, they've had to use their own judgement on how to handle the issue as players were complaining about it. Some of their statements have been contradictory to that of other game masters, which is a result of lack of communication within the team.

When you get conflicting statements u go with the most senior gm, which would be Gurky the lead kronos gamemaster, who said it like this: "We're allowing this for the time being as it is a core mechanic of the game."

Now that a source have been found, the mechanic will probably be changed soon.

There currently is not enough proof to prove this to be against the rules at this time. Until proven different it will remain this way.

@Leido: we probably hate each other to the point where Lharts blocked all my previous nicknames when the server re-released :D I don't remember how it started tho.
I don't think this interaction was in any way hostile, at least not from my side. I also wasn't there on server launch, was on vacation. So whoever stole your char names, it surely wasn't me :smile:.

idk what you mean Gurky. The provided evidence seems pretty obvious to me.

There currently is not enough proof to prove this to be against the rules at this time. Until proven different it will remain this way.

i hear you and i understand the process, but if there was ever a time the server team should trust the word of the community in absence of evidence, this should be it. this is a pretty big failure for those who pvp.

Top Bottom